How to use Bigfoot?

Anyone figure out how to best use Mr. Bigfoot? I have two vet biggies so far and he is slow, arrives late to the party and dies pretty easily! Thoughts or anyone figure out how to use the big fella effectively?
CalamityJane

Comments

• hashbrownhashbrown Member Posts: 62
    This has been a topic in our posse as well and we haven't figured out his use yet either. We are starting to believe there is something off because on paper, he has a ton of health, but seems to die more quickly then a tinman. Be curious to see if anyone figures out how to use him.
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    On paper he doesn't offer a target a blind person couldn't miss.

Not sure how sophisticated the damage tracking is (do the medium speed troops take a little less damage than the slow ones when "on the move") but Bigfoot is both slow and very, very hard to miss!
    CalamityJane
  • KellyGreyKellyGrey Member Posts: 93
    Howdy folks! Because Bigfoot is most effective when he knocks down buildings, a good strategy would be to clear enemy troops with other sidekicks, leaving the way clear for Bigfoot to make his way through!
    jBarbarasummey97arttieTHE1manparty
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 188
    KellyGrey, if Bigfoot is intended as a building destroyer, why has he replaced defenders at our camps? Does Bigfoot have a damage multiplier vs buildings? Otherwise he's a very expensive & slow Tinman. There seems to be a huge gap between theory and reality with this one.
    CalamityJaneJames_West
  • CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 496
    If troops should be sent out to protect Bigfoot, then Kelly, you've just hit the nail on the head. Thus, making him pretty much useless and a throw away sidekick for sure. He is expensive to deploy and I win more battles without him. His health, looks great... But someone forgot to actually add it. My troops have the buildings destroyed before Bigfoot actually reaches the buildings. He's quite a joke. Definitely not a " prize catch" .
    BigJake
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    When I'm attacking another player and I clear a camp adjacent to the refinery, I'll often drop Bigfoot there, so he can start smashing the refinery, and he doesn't have to actually walk anywhere.

For every other battlefield position or type of event that I've tried Bigfoot in, there are other units which are much better value for the twelve battle point investment that he costs to deploy, at least in my experience so far.
    The only other troop that moves a slow as BF is the Gatling gun. Maybe try combo those two? Might have to play with that on some npc bases.
    Never mind, that didn't work. Back to the drawing board.
  • CosmoCosmo Member Posts: 85
    Bigfoot is useless, I have tried him in several different scenarios from twin raids to oil rigs. Too expensive and gets killed every time almost first.
    JoesnazzTron
  • RandyRandy Member Posts: 18
    Only suggestion is drop him in to camp beside target building so he can get a few thumps in before dying - I only use notorious others die too quickly
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    The Big Foot is a gimmick - he doesn't fit the theme, his integration into the game from a playing standpoint is ill-conceived. His creation seems to be purely commercial - "hey, these idiots may play more if add a monster to the game!"

All part of the overt revenue push by Next with the past update.
    EKW514
    Been playing around with the beast on some npc bases. So far the best pairing I have found is to use him with wranglers. It took me a while to realize this, but be doesn't attack troops, only structures. Thus, you need to pair him with something that dispatches troops and has a decent amount of health. Trick is to keep these two together.

Still learning.......
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    Interesting observation Fatman ... you may be right ... he must be part of something bigger that's still coming ... they are giving us time to build up our troops with a couple of these fury monsters before we really need them. Or it's just another stupid idea like Gold Rush events ... lol!
  • jBarbarasummey97jBarbarasummey97 Member Posts: 4
    :#
    I think he should only stay at camp..to protect us..hummm not sure he could do that either..cause it didn't take me but 2 shots and I killed him.the toughest one ( well suppose to be) why have him at all if that's all he can do but slow us down.and takes a lot of points to play him..
  • arttieTHE1manpartyarttieTHE1manparty Member Posts: 2
    I use him a LOT when opponents put their camps too close to their refinery. I clear the towers closest to the camps then drop 2 or 3 Bigfoot in and let them stomp away.
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    Never use it. I had 8 notorious now I have 1.

Even worse is they are horrible for town defense. You can lure him away from town and kill him easily.
  • TronTron Member Posts: 10
    I must disagree with some of you guys. I find Bigfoot are very useful in most of my victory on other PVP. When I get near the town hall, I drop my Bigfoot and they finish the job. Try it and you will see.
  • TronTron Member Posts: 10
    My level is only 47 and CPW been putting PVP level 53 many time. I use the Bigfoot to take all of them down. The hardest PVP was Dingo. His was level 53 and defence building is max out. I use my Bigfoot and kick him out of my map. Only the fifth time before I succeed :)