is it really a great game?

I have played for 3 weeks now. It seems to me that the actual attacks are sheer idiocy. I have tried all I can to understand why any attacking unit would decide to wander off to attack a distant target when there are nearer targets.
Also defending units will deicde to attack distant targets and not nearest targets, completely inconsistantly.
The only pattern I can see is that most of the time works reasonably. But its the times when lunacy sets in which is very irritaiting
I can understand why it is being abandoned.
To be honest I have not found a single app to have any merit for more than a few hours

Where are all the great designers?

Answers

• Earl_1Earl_1 Member Posts: 315
    Part of the strategy is learning to control those troops. Not everyone's gonna like it. Just the way it works.
  • DoodleAnnDoodleAnn Member Posts: 89
    Exactly Earl! That is why I think cattle battle is the best - deployment, troops, and flags are all important! You have multiple things affecting the release of those cows. Don't give up AlbertQ. Give it another try.... And the social interaction to improve your game is the best part!
    Earl_1
  • SkodancySkodancy Member Posts: 190
    I use a magnet on the back of my ipad to keep the troops together....
    DoodleAnn
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    I fall asleep tiring to play CPW, only my friends keep me still here
  • DoodleAnnDoodleAnn Member Posts: 89
    Aww James, so thoughtful! Who hacked your forum account! Lol
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    Ha, just being honest, this game has lost its touch, ps Ann like having you as my new game gf
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    Game is ok if you are new. Eventually you will max out everything and then.... So sure. Enjoy it now.