***Guns Of West***

Comments

• COLTpeacemakrCOLTpeacemakr Member Posts: 51
    Cattle Battle scores.

AlleykatWebleyBULLdog
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    SKO and Colt... Or rather Finkle is Einhorn.? Einhorn is Finkle? Einhorn is a man?!?!

Ace Ventura... pet Detective.
    DoodleAnn
    edited August 2016
    You got a one cow train and you want to join, Wingman300? You are welcome!
    WebleyBULLdog

Gold Rush
    WebleyBULLdog

Quick draw gunslingers!
    WebleyBULLdog
  • FizzyBFizzyB Member Posts: 20
    This is awesome! Brilliant idea! :smiley:
    COLTpeacemakr
  • DoodleAnnDoodleAnn Member Posts: 89
    Well that must have been 10 seconds in!! I certainly wasn't looking then - I was too busy sending trains! Lol
    edited August 2016
    That's the point. We weren't busy....Quick draws!
    WebleyBULLdog
    Before any posse was on the board!!!

WebleyBULLdog
  • WebleyBULLdogWebleyBULLdog Member Posts: 5
    One cow trains are great! Takes about 30 seconds to send a train! Get an account, get just a one cow train and join us. Guns of West
    Each train costs 75% less silver. Using all that extra silver to upgrade my troops !
  • Georgia_TexGeorgia_Tex Member Posts: 162
    Congrats on that 15 second 1st place! Lol. It is an interresting concept tho ill give ya that! Question tho, on cooldown do you use 4 hour cards to send more train(s)?
    In addition to building troops, which I do running train (singular), even outside of event, I have managed to save up 7 notorious cow cards. At 1 minute per train, I'll be able to send 8 trains back to back, netting me about 15k in 10 - 15 casual minutes!!! The first one corral trains will yield 1936. Troop loss per train is minimal as well, because.....duh...there is only one cow! One moo/one choo! ;)

Then....set my alarm for the next four hour cool down....Bam! Knock out another 1932 in 1 minute! Easy! Fun!! You may wish you never had 5 trains! Come on, try working with us in this one cow posse! Guns Of West
    WebleyBULLdog
    edited August 2016
    Join Guns of West
    We are a one train posse.
    Start a new account... Get that one train... Join us !
    Get your points with only sending one train!
    It's great!
    Be careful....don't add more train rails, than that first cow CPW gives.

WebleyBULLdog
    #1 Quick Draw!

WebleyBULLdog
  • SkodancySkodancy Member Posts: 190
    It only takes a couple weeks to start a new account and get to posse joining level. Unless you buy diamonds, then it only takes a day or 2.

All of the players in Guns Of West are experienced players that chat friendly and have fun.

We are having a blast in this one cow posse!!!
    WebleyBULLdog
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    I'm sorry. Although I see and understand the concept. You will never hit big rewards during events. And you are level 28 with one defense tower. Can you explain your strategy to progress thru the game or are content. The seven notorious cowbell cards you saved is great that cost you 210k in steel. What troops are you upgrading if you are not progressing your town. Again, what is your plan for the game. To never claim big rewards and enjoy the one cow train concept or to progress the game. Cool idea but seems to buy into it, your also saying I don't want to move forward. Would love to hear your thoughts.
    DoodleAnn
    edited August 2016
    All good questions @Trever.

You asked about hitting big rewards. Does CPW give big rewards? Last I looked they suck! I'll build my own rewards, thank you. (Not you Trever, but CPW)

I'm not level 28, but level 29. I am quickly progressing up. I started this account mid July, and have over 4K stars. 3 More months will put me at around 16k stars. A half a year should put me at 20-24k stars.

You asked about defense. I see you are level 55. I bet players beat you everyday. Did those defense towers work? The way I see it, with no cabins, farms or towers, the attacker has fewer battle points. My bombs are as high level as can be upgraded. They don't give battle points, and they are hidden! Of 6 attacks over a 24 hrs period, at this level, I still am above 50% successful defends. Maybe as I level up there may be call for towers? However, revenge is good for star accumulation. : )

Current troops...always building. Emphasis is diverted from defense towers, farm, cabin upgrades, to troop advancement which is priority. I have upgraded troops before my opponent. Since I don't spend steel on countless train running and track building, it can be used for troops and event card merges. Steel is easy, and lots of it. 210k steel to merge 7 red cow cards is easy. With these troops pictured, there is no town I can't take down, and many are taken with no casualties. I'm in no hurry to level up...but can you imagine a one cow train sent at your level? I can! It will be fast and deadly! And....it won't tie me into a boring routine! You ever go to sleep fighting those hundreds of level 61 and higher event battles?

edited August 2016
    Let's face it, a one cow train is fast, easy (takes fewer troops to accomplish) and fun! Try it! You will wish you never advanced your rails. If you find it as great as I have.....condsider joining "Guns Of West". As the next step, is to see what a posse of 30 one cow train senders can do!

Quick draw, with the right guns, is quite a thrill!
    Look, West is not much different than a game of checkers or chess, right? What do you do when the game is over? Play again!!! Only this time, try it with some polish!
  • SkodancySkodancy Member Posts: 190
    edited August 2016
    Thanks, COLT, you laid out a great game strategy there. However, I'm like Trever, in that I think you should have built defense towers. I get the no farms, no cabins, but for me, I want diamonds. As you know, there are many ways to play this game. I put up towers, and rake in the diamonds.
    Still don't get it. Without upgrading buildings you will eventually come to a stand still. Only way to progress is to upgrade your courthouse. I too have a level 30 player in the game so I know exactly what level of players your competing against. Curious. Your bombs are maxed to 20 or just maxed at your current level? From the sounds of it, your goal is to be ranked at a high level in stars. Nothing more. Which is totally great. Would be great to see you up there. Everyone has there own idea of fun. Keep pushing and make the game what you want my friend. Interesting concept and you found something that is fun.

Ps. A team of 30 one cow raiders. Will still never break the leaderboard. For me, that is fun so it's safe to say our fun paths will never cross but I think it's awesome you have something different. Cheers
    @Trever, bombs are at level 14, soon to be 15(highest possible at my level)

You may have misunderstood, I am upgrading buildings in this order; courthouse, saloon, fort, pony, steel storage, steel furnace, and dr waltz, bank, barn.. I don't build farms or cabins, nor do I upgrade the ones west made me put down. I don't yet build towers, but may later.

Maybe a team of 30 one cow trainers won't break the leaderboard? My personal best is 57k in gold rush, and I can do better. I bet there are some in your leaderboard posse that don't beat that. And best of all, it only takes me a couple minutes to run my train to get to that score. My guess......I spent one hour total, to get that score. That's an estimate.

Maybe our fun paths will never cross, but it wouldn't be to hard for a one cow sender like me to play in a top 5 posse, especially if I promised 100k. It would most definitely put them on the leaderboard in first place, right off the bat.
    Fair enough my friend. We probably may agree to disagree but as long as you are having fun. All that matters. GR you will and could score high. Your issue will be cattle battle as those levels get harder each time you take a site down. With 3 pens to beat and the defense towers increasing each level. Even 1 cow pen will Get hard. But would love to see you prove it can be done. GR is more consistently the same so I could see you scoring that high.

I always chuckle at your "first place comments right off the bat" Only because those that are stateside. The events start at 6am, 5am and 4am. Most are not even awake to see your 5 minutes of first place. By the time I wake up posses are well over 200k points are I missed your entire stay on the leaderboard. Not hating at you, just makes me chuckle.
    Thanks, Trever, my stay on the leaderboard only lasts For a couple hours,, but that is usually with 6 players sending a train or two. What other posse is on the leaderboard with 6 total players?

I agree, we don't disagree, you'll see. I am glad all this reading gave you a chuckle. This game gives us all a chuckle, otherwise we would all be playing something else.
    The more and more we chat. The more I want to try it. Lol. To bad I already have two accounts. No other device to start a third. Lol. The other thing that bugs me is the value of the cards are no longer equal. Meaning. You finish your train. Takes you 1 minute. I finish my 4 trains and it took me 15 minutes. Now we both use one notorious card. You score roughly 3840. (2 trains sent). I score 15360 (8 trains sent). You played 2 minutes and I played 30. I collected about 10 more card packs then you did and much more goods and gold to upgrade. Guess I'm saying that extra 28 minutes it took me to send 6 more trains then you did was worth it.
    Ha! The more we chat the less I want try the one train, Trever. You got a good point with your math. I'm just discovering another way to play West within it's current development. I think train running is too time consuming. Of all those extra card packs you worked hard for, how many of those cards do you throw away??? Go read CPW fb, and their latest main page post. Looks to me like a whole lot of folks think these cards suck! My guess.....you do too. To me, time is more valuable. I save time by sending one train, after a one minute battle! I like West very much, but won't sit for hours on end running trains for cards I will throw away, or status among peers(high points), that has no value.
    Very true. Once u reach this level, two third of the cards we throw away cause carpenter and goodie cards are useless. Nothing more to build and barns and banks are maxed 23.5 hours a day. Agree. Just a different approach to the game. Interesting for sure. When instarted I guess I wanted or was okay to spend those hours on the game so it was more fun to upgrade tracks. Good chats. All the best to you guys.
    I read about how you multi train players wished you had access to more steel. You sometimes try to ask CPW to provide a new steel furnace, or give more steel cards. Well, when you play West running a one cow train, steel is abundant! It's not uncommon for my steel storage to be full. Since I don't run hundreds of trains, I'm not spending it there. That is very welcome for upgrading the notorious wranglers, legendary 49ers-gunslingers-Gatling guns, that I have access to, at my level 29.