***Guns Of West***

13»

Comments

• TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    To each is own. Those that play more then you get more cards then you so you can argue it cancels the two out. U spend less steel as others but they earn more goods and gold faster to make upgrades to stay right with you. For instance. You may have more steel bit they have the 400k goods and goodies to get more legendary 49ers also. To me. It's a wash.

Ps. Isn't a shame you pulled a 50k steel and you already have 193k. Looks like your steel storage can't hold that 50k.
    Djaa
  • COLTpeacemakrCOLTpeacemakr Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2016
    Here's the kicker @Trever, when your priority is stars, you don't loose much sleep over wasted steel. Some of the high level multi trainers throw away cards that cost a lot of steel.

Goods and Gold shortage....unheard of. Pvp gives more than enough. And do I love Pvp!

In fact I got another on my map now. Brb.

Ok, another down, no fatalities!

I know you wish you could be in this elite posse, Trever, you would enjoy. When Verizon told me they would only give $70 for my 64gb iPhone 5s! I knew West would have a new player solely dedicated to this phone! It's fast now, cause West is all that's on it. Though Apple products hold value, that baby cost me about $800 new. I'm not going to take a 80% loss on a 2 year old item. No sir, not when there is a game as fun as West! Especially low level West!
    Lol. Like I said. We each have are own reasons. To play. Congrats on getting your 7th posse player by the way. As soon as you level up. I will keep searching for you on my map. Maybe we can have some head to head battles. I'm sitting at level 30
  • SkodancySkodancy Member Posts: 190
    edited August 2016
    lol, you'll get your butt kicked, COLT!
    edited August 2016
    It's alright, I wear lots of padding! I'm kinda used to it. You might be interested to know, I still win 6 out of 10 attacks on my town, here at level 29, with only one deputy tower! Yes! Only one tower! I love watching replays! BOOM! Can you believe another unsuspecting gaggle of rangers just stepped on another bomb? Gone, just vaporized, like they weren't even there! Lessons come hard for new West players! ; )

It's alright if @Trever wants to pound on me, I'll just loose 1 star. Everything else, he can help himself to. I got lots of it. Where he is going he will need resources! It takes a lot out of ya, running all those trains!
    Not bad top 3 scores. It's one train, sent by taking out one miner!

WebleyBULLdog
    This event was a Cattle Battle. We were the only posse this event to have been in #1 spot besides Flying Pigs!

WebleyBULLdog
    How to start Compass Point West over:
    1 - Delete the app from your device.
    2 - Redownload Compass Point West app from App Store.
    3 - When you start that new app, it will ask as its opening, do you want previously saved game. You select no. This starts West with your newly saved account
    4 - Go through the tutorial, and be thinking of a fun name to call your new West account, as you will be prompted to type it in after tutorial.

When you get to level 13, you can start your first train, and join a posse. Do not advance rails past first cow that the tutorial offers. That way you can join our elite posse. It's so much easier to send a train this way. It gives you a great opportunity to build up troops and collect stars. It is possible to advance in the game to highest level, sending this one train. What a time saver!
    WebleyBULLdog
    It's not uncommon to see these point totals! 1936! One cow-one train! Moo Choo!

WebleyBULLdog
    edited September 2016
    There was a time in this fair West, when the railroad did not run,
    When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun,
    Long before the white man and long before the wheel,
    When the dark green forests were to silent to be real.

This my friends is what a one cow, one train map looks like.

Unobstructed landscape by rails allows buffalo to roam freely and nature to be balanced. We get rid of driller, and restore the West lands to balance! This one cow train also allows more time for our real life!!

I'd sure like you to join us.

WebleyBULLdog
  • WebleyBULLdogWebleyBULLdog Member Posts: 5
    Great way to play this game ! Start your account now .... Come join us !
    Not a bad score there, WebleyBULLdog!

WebleyBULLdog
    We ain't messin' around! Getting right down to business! Fastest out the gate!

WebleyBULLdog
  • WebleyBULLdogWebleyBULLdog Member Posts: 5
    Make an account with a one cow train ! Join us!
    edited September 2016
    2 months of daily work here folks!!!

These are the kind of troops one can expect to have at level 31 in that time, while only sending a train from one cow. The beauty of this is, when you are only battling for one cow/miner, you don't need as many troops. more than this are great, but at level 31, this set can defeat all levels of cb that I face. Repeating a cb at level 50.

You can believe it or not, but with this town layout, I only loose 2-3 attacks of 10!!

Priority was given to camps, bombs, Saloon, CH, and traps. No addition cabins, towers, or farms! Bombs are as high as possible, and hidden. Not uncommon for attacker to loose all 49ers in one blow! Yikes! Rangers can be decimated, and traps stick them down. Granted there are very experienced players who see right through this, but they are fewer.

edited September 2016
    I am not showing you all this to brag! I just want fans of Compass Point West to know, there are other options. You don't have to spend hours running trains.

Do you like the game, but just can't sit down for 5 hours straight running back to back trains? I spend 2-5 minutes sending a train! Then, I can pvp in my own spare time.

We still have openings in Guns Of West. 18, to be exact! If you have the means, do yourself, and your family a favor, come help us discover a new frontier!

Our great top 10, before event end! You could be here! Think about it? Full participation in this posse! Many are focusing on troop development as priority, as there is no minimum! Everyone active in chat, or not, your choice.

edited September 2016
    Here's the kicker, you can work at one cow, building troops and stars, and when you are ready, add more cows/horses/mines, and proceed forward as a multi train sender. Alas, you would have to leave Guns Of West, though. So far, we have no takers on that idea!

I was once asked, "What do you do, after sending your one fast train, isn't it boring?" My experience shows there is always something to do, if you have time. it definitely is more focused on pvp. Town visits or attacks are always varied and interesting. Unlike gr which is the same, battle after battle after 100's of battles! You know what I mean?
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 219
    Colt, 'one cow train' is a genius idea. I've started a second game to explore it. It's nice to play the early missions without needing to be anxious about what happens next.
    It seems a natural place to stop advancement would be as soon as you can recruit Legendary Rangers, but I can't recall at what player/courthouse level that happens. Do you know?
    @Oblio, so happy to hear of your good choice to give this concept a try!!!

I'm not sure at what level legendary rangers are. I do know that legendary mercy come at level 33. Notorious rangers at level 31.

In my opinion, level 25, or level 29 are great levels to hang, and build. In fact, I was considering staying at level 29 for months, but decided to go for notorious rangers at level 31. Mostly for gold rush, as I use rangers there. I did discover that it was not much trouble for me to beat all cattle battle levels at player level 29. That level 29 is a sweet spot!!

This post is not just for Guns of West posse recruitment, though I would love to see you visit and play an event with us.

I would welcome you to post anything you discover here(that you are willing to share). I see this thread as a discussion thread for this great way to play West, regardless of whether a player is part of us.. I hope many more folks give this a try!
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for getting back to me and pointing out a good plateau level. I didn't hear about level 51 being a sweet spot until I was already at level 52 :-(
    I've given up hope of Next Games remembering us and giving us any sort of update, so its up to us to invent new ways to enjoy the game.
    Currently upgrading my courthouse to level 7, so I'm a couple of days away from a train station, I'll check back in when I can join a posse.
    It's kinda fun starting over.
    edited September 2016
    This gold rush was quite the rush! In fact we had 2 level 31 players who were getting 1936 points for their level 50 gold rush train sends.

This score is impossible by any other member in any other posse! I believe it is a first!

You will only see this in Guns Of West!

You got a new iPhone 7? Why not try us?

edited October 2016
    This event's cattle battle welcomes 2 new members! Quillon and Left-eye!

This posse is getting stronger every event! We still have 15 spots for anyone with interest in the first ever, one of a kind, original posse, that is faster than greased lighting!

Masquer
    You taking any new members. I gotta an account that wants in. Requested early this am. Did they get in?
    Got cha
  • CosmoCosmo Member Posts: 85
    Will it work on a four?
    edited October 2016
    @ Cosmo, No. I don't think it will work on a 4. I tried it on an iPad 1st gen as well...no go.

In fact a 4s is painfully glitchy, but worth it just to test the idea.

A 5s is a huge functional improvement, and in my opinion, an iPad mini 2, and higher is the best! I've seen the iPad 2 at Costco recently for about $270, 32 gigs. It is portable, and if you want to pvp for hours, you can hold the mini comfortably. iPad Air or pro, is nice but heavy, and your hand has to move a lot, to cover the ground. A quick search on Craigslist pulled up a refurbished iPad min 2, 16 gig, for $90.

Otherwise, good Samsung tablets are out there. I don't have experience with West on Android. That could be a cheeper option.

It is nice to have an older devise that you can dedicate just to West play. Then it's easy to backup, and restore from backup quick and easy if you mess something up.