Tips for players

You know, since tx punishment took their "freedom ride" I've just been chilling, working on reaching 55 and thinking... I've discovered there are a lot of players out there who aren't interested in being a number one posse but they are still interested in improving their game.

I'm really not sure how many players still visit the forums, but I know there are great players in the game who might want to share tips & strategies with other players. So I thought, why not see if we can get a thread started for that purpose. I don't know if it will take off or not but I'm going to give it a shot...
Slick_GaBoyzSkodancyGud

Comments

• Strait_crazyStrait_crazy Member Posts: 76
    For me those upper 50's were the most difficult. Thru tips from others and some modifications I came up with methods that helped me.

First, I know left side of most corrals has been the weakest point. Unfortunately, sometimes were forced to go right. Here's a few pics of where I would place flags. Some of the flags are to pull back & kill ground troops

On these I would use 5-6 mercs and the rest wranglers. U can throw in some 49ers but only after the other troops hv the attention of the towers
    Slick_GaBoyz
    Don't know y it didn't show those pics.

On this one, I start with rangers. And couple shaman. Let them take out the 2 Pinkerton in red then take them up to get the open ended corral. Bring them back to the middle, put in wranglers and mercs and get corral in front left. Then flag up left side of top corral.

Some of these tactics started with advice from an old friend who's no longer in the game. But eventually I modified his advice to my own playing style. As we all do.

Practice makes the difference. I nalways use the same routes when attacking the corrals I showed above. Became a tried & true method
    Slick_GaBoyz
    This idea came about because of new players coming to the posse asking questions u hvnt thought about in ages. I know there are lots of u out there who have a lot of insight into the game. How would you advise people coming in wanting to improve their game?
    Slick_GaBoyz
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 188
    As it seems unlikely the level 22 Courthouse hinted at will ever materialize, it's up to us to reinvent & explore what the game can offer!

Some of us that started building booby traps and quicksand pits before you could get EXP points for them will never make it to level 55 :(

I would advise folks to think about where they want to finish, or take the time to explore a level and build your sidekicks before you move up. If you think you might stop short of level 55, you might not need to upgrade your Farms, Cabins, Banks & Barns. Prioritize strong Sidekicks, Battle Points & Rally Flags

I have revived my interest in CPW by starting over... enjoying the journey without the pressure to build out my railway as fast as possible. I've paused at level 21 this second time around, getting 40k to 50k with just one train! (a 'One Cow Train')
    Enjoying PVP against different players, rather then the same 20 towns endlessly on my map.
    It's also easier sharing strategy with the newer players on my posse, as there were different sidekicks available when i started the first time. Bigfoot kicks assets at player level 21!

The only thing i miss from my level 54 account is Mercenaries Racetrack!

See you on the trail!
    Skodancy
  • GudGud Member Posts: 174
    This is how I would have done the last you showed Strait.
    Heehaaww
    Yeah that's good too. In the early days the right side of the top left pen was hard for me. I avoided it at all costs.

You're art is def better than mine. Lol
    Gud
    I use Skitch, you find it for free in appstore.
    Skodancy
    How can I tell if I can reach 55? I might b spinning my wheels. I know I placed bombs when we first got them. Don't know when I started upgrading them.
    I'm collecting info on the EXP rewards for all upgrades. When i have it complete i'd be happy to share. You can then figure out if you can make it to lvl 55. I advise not going over level 51 unless you know for sure you can make it to 55. Player level 51 is a sweet spot to linger... indefinitely, at least for Gold Rush. (No Outlaw Rangers).
    Player Level 52 is a monster.. all towers at maximum every map!
    Skodancy
    Looks like I'm n the group that can't make it :(
  • SkodancySkodancy Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2017
    Any player can start Compass Point West over. You will loose your former account doing this. Back it up if you want to keep it. (This is ios instruction)

1-Simply delete your Compass Point West App.

2-Download the app again.

3-At start up you will see a window as pictured below. Select "Cancel"

4-Proceed through tutorial....and be thinking of a creative game name, as West will ask! I'm sure you have noticed a few! : )

You will be amazed how well you will do with the previous experience you have!

manhatten
    But u lose old game right? I hv thought about starting over but can't bring myself to do it
    manhatten
  • SkodancySkodancy Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2017
    If you want to keep old game, you must asign a new Apple ID and password to the new account. Switching of those accounts can be done in Settings/Game Center (ios only) and under settings/icloud. It can be tricky at first. One must take care to back up to icloud or computer, as if something goes wrong, you can restore to saved point.

Look up creating a new apple id and password. On the Apple web site. It is the easy part.
    Ok. I probly should not mess with it. I'm not too tech savvy. Lol
    But good for ppl to see how
    Many Android devices are full multi-user, and can host your older West account, and start a new game with a new user account and gmail address. This won't impact your older game.