#Defenders in the camps

Hi West!

In my experience everybody (95%) has 18 defending troops total - no matter if they have 5, 6 or 7 camps.

But a few players have more... 19... 20... 21.... and I just came across a player with 24 defenders! (Boone, level 43).

This can hardly be intentional ???
Bluef1

Comments

• AkselAksel Member Posts: 80
    Fatman said:

I think the higher your camp level the more defenders you get per camp.

Nope, there is no relation...
  • keymankeyman Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2015
    yeah the logic in this quiete hard to figure out...
    in number different subject in the game.
    it would be nice to have a developper or admin to tell us what's what.//..
  • Bluef1Bluef1 Member Posts: 13
    Hmmm - I finally have a theory.

I looked at the 4 opponents on my map, and the total of housing spaces of the troops in camps was 65 for all of them - which happens to be the number of battle points available at high level courthouse. So maybe this is the sole constraint, and (as we already know) there is no relation to level or number of camps.

FYI, they all had 18 troops.

Thats interesting... if the housing space in camps relates to battle points that might explain why some have more than 18 troops.

F.i..... If you have Mercs in your deck two of them will be assigned to defense.
    Hence... if you dont have Mercs those 14 battle points will have to be filled by other troops and that requires more than 2 troops.
    That would bring the total defending troops above 18.
    Confirmed.

If you have 80 battlepoints in your attack there will also be 80 battlepoints worth of troops defending your town.
    No matter how many camps you have.
    I have for quite some time looked at the camps of the players on my map.
    When you select them you can see what troops are assigned to them.
    For a long time that added up to 65 battle points and now it adds up to 80 for those that are maxed.
    I have been following this for so long now that I am confident how it works.
  • HydeHyde Member Posts: 3
    @askel . . . I'm likely reading too much into your post, but are you suggesting it may be good for defense, to remove mercs from your deck?
    Hyde said:

@askel . . . I'm likely reading too much into your post, but are you suggesting it may be good for defense, to remove mercs from your deck?

You are reading too much into it :smile:

I am just stating that if you happen to not have any Mercs you will have more defenders as no other unit requires 7 battlepoints.
    Mercs are handy and I will certainly keep mine.