Posse Cheating

Some of the top posse's are cheating with feeder posses. In effect they are doing events using up to 60 players. The first 30 do the easy battles then leave the posse , leaving their points behind. New members come in and continue. 60 x 40000 = 2.4 mill. It's all pointless other than bragging rights .
DaveJasper

Comments

• ScubdogScubdog Member Posts: 1
    Glad you said some. 20kplus now renamed TheShootists #9 rank did it all in house with friendly players who all contribute.
    GotLongLegs
  • shoey2709shoey2709 Member Posts: 4
    Do you have proof of this? Unless your in the posse. How do see this?
    I'm in a top 5 posse and all of our players work their tail off to hit the goals. We have ten players alone that put up 1 mil just themselves. It's possibly. I think your quick to judge.
  • CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 496
    I'm glad I'm in a smaller posse. There's just fun and no way to cheat, if in fact they are cheating. A smaller posse I found, is like a bunch of good friends. Some posse's I have belonged to, don't even speak and barely play CB.. I agree. What is the point of cheating? besides bragging rights and 3000 gems per player for top three ranking teams for Christmas. But, just my opinion. I know the posse I belong to doesn't cheat. I'm happy for that. :-)
  • lurchlurch Member Posts: 104
    nikkers said:

Some of the top posse's are cheating with feeder posses. In effect they are doing events using up to 60 players. The first 30 do the easy battles then leave the posse , leaving their points behind. New members come in and continue. 60 x 40000 = 2.4 mill. It's all pointless other than bragging rights .

We have several members who get between 80 and 100k so it's not unbelievable for a posse to get those points legit.. Just sayin.
    CalamityJaneJadeyn79Bluerabie
  • CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 496
    Wow that's fantastic points for one individual. ( I'm just a tiny fish in a Great big ocean).
    Sounds like you both have dedicated players in your posse., they are hard to come by.
    Have a good evening. :-)
  • BrutusBrutus Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2016
    Our posse was solicited to be part of the same scam @nikkers speaks of. It is amazing to me how hard people work to find loop holes rather than just put in the real effort the game was designed to reward. We have several 80K+ buckaroos and one 100K+ In our posse. I will not lesson their efforts by trying to "work" the system.

"There is no honor amongst thieves"
    DaveBluerabie
  • nikkersnikkers Member Posts: 28
    I'm in True Grit , top 5 posse. We have 3/4 score 100000+ half the team score 50 +. A member left ,joined another top posse. Then came back and told all. Wanted us to try it. We kicked him.
    BrutuslurchparshooterJessyjames
  • parshooterparshooter Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    I'm with Nikkers on this one.. If the developers don't stop the posse cheats then the game is compromised ... CPW please give some intergrity to the game and stop this cheating!! Credit to those posses that have character.. If a posse member leaves a posse during an event his points should go with him and the spot remain open until being filled for the next event. Then watch the leader board change for totals.. It's up to CPW to protect the spirit of the game.. CPW please respond.. Do you condone this cheating???
    edited February 2016
    Our posse hit over 2,914,372 with 27 players. Ended up at 3,051,692 We have a few players come up from our second posse to help the team but they left 137k in points. Nothing like you think 60 players. You need to learn and practice. Your scores can get better without thinking people cheat. Bottom line is if you can't score 80+ your not gonna make it in a top posse so you would think they cheat.
    lurchBluerabie
    18 players scored over 80k, 13 over 100k. It's possible and don't believe all what you hear.
    lurch
  • NekobasuNekobasu Community Manager, Staff Posts: 127
    Howdy everyone! Thank y'all for all the comments of yours! Our team is looking into possible ways to taking advantage of the posse system. We work hard to improve the game and make it enjoyable for everyone.
  • AkselAksel Member Posts: 80
    I doubt that 'cheating' is a big problem.
    When I see the scores posted by the top posses it seems quite feasible that they have been achieved by nothing but honest sweat and blood.
    lurch
  • The_RustlerThe_Rustler Member Posts: 7
    Had this in Tiny Troopers Alliance and the devs made it so any points scored by people joining after the event starts didn't count. Maybe something similar here would save this tag teaming.
  • NewMexNewMex Member Posts: 21
    I'm with topgunz united the #2 posse. If you notice we do not have a feeder posse and finished with the same 30 we started with. We had 3 players over 200k and 17 players over 100k. That is not cheating just working hard. There is other posses that have feeders and switch out but we are not one of them.
    Bluerabie
  • parshooterparshooter Member Posts: 2
    Ok so if the developers put in safe guards to prevent cheating how can any posse complain. It's a level playing field. But to say cheating is not happening is misinformed and false. If your posse isn't cheating then there is no doubt you support the developers stopping this practice of posse hopping. Your hard work would then be recognized and you can enjoy the rewards. Only posses that ARE swapping out would be affected ..
    Bluerabie
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    I know for a fact this is happening. I strongly agree that this type of "strategy" is not in the spirit of the game. Hoping the developers can figure this out.
    Bluerabie
  • NewMexNewMex Member Posts: 21
    Don't get me wrong. I'm all for the developers to fix posse hoping. I have seen proof that some posses with 4 feeders switch out durning event. I'm just saying it is not top gunz as we have one posse. Any associates are with us for full event. If they fixed it we would still hit the goal as we have some awesome players.
  • Terry_LeeTerry_Lee Member Posts: 5
    I'm sure this will be unpopular here, but, I'm saying it anyway. If CPW hasn't made a rule against it, then it can't be considered cheating. We swap, however, it isn't anything near what some of the above are saying. We have a few that are developing their game, leveling up, and only have 2 full trains. We let them in to gain the reward cards. Yes, they contribute, but, most score less than 20k; that's barely a blip on the radar given we had 6 over 100k, 12 over 60k, and 16 over 50k. I checked our numbers and our scorers and it essentially meant we placed a couple of spots higher on the leaderboard. Didn't realize this was such a big issue, with a few people. We pay more attention to the rewards than we do the leaderboard. Obviously, others do too, since the scores were way down the week the top reward cards cut off at 1 million. Personally, my biggest issue is with those who join, send 1 train and collect the rewards, that others have worked hard to earn, then leave. A good fix, is if it's possible, would be for your reward cards to be earned in a way that's incrementally tied to the number trains you send. in other words, 1 train gets you the lowest reward pack, 3 for the next, and so on. Last event we had 25 send at least 20 trains; that would be a good cut-off for our posses' highest reward. I think, That would fix the posse issues for most, however, no matter what is done or isn't done will lead to more complaints. It's impossible to please everyone.
  • HowdyDoodyHowdyDoody Member Posts: 11
    I will post this in suggestions, but as I see it there are two solutions to fixing the feeder issue:
    1) Posse members that join during an event cannot accrue points for that events. Pretty simple...
    2) In addition to posse tier rewards for an event, add individual tier awards. I would like to see maybe a Veteran Steel card awarded for hitting 75K and a Notorious Steel card awarded for hitting 100K points in an event.

Mod #2 would in my opinion discourage feeders and encourage individuals to work harder.
    Earl_1
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    I am part of 420raiderz. We are the real winners here. #4 with only the 30 players we started with. That's what the game was designed for. That's what a real team is.

There is now 8 out of the top 10 who are feeders. Only us and true grit who don't cheat this way. Hats off to you true grit.

The best way to fix this is if anyone leaves during an event their points are deducted. Simple as that.

Then and only then will we see who the best team is.

This feeder system is like a soccer team sending in fresh players all throughout the game. They would win for sure. What a poor way to play the game. And I have been monitoring those posses. They do allow ins and outs no question about it regardless of what they say.

In the end is it really cheating? It's CPW who allows this so they are just taking advantage of a loop hole. I just find it poor sportsmanship and too much work.

Hats off to those who remain real!
    lurchTraceyBluerabie
  • mfjokermfjoker Member Posts: 14
    Frag,
    I am a member of Topgunz United and know for a fact that we obtain are score legitimately with the original 30 players. So before you post such nonsense abot 8 of the ten cheating check you facts. Our players are dedicate and work their butts off to reach goal
    Mfjoker ive been monitoring you guys. You did change some guys in the last two days. It's ok. You simply use a loophole the dev team left there. It just ruins the game for 99% of the posses.

I been monitoring hang'em high and you guys as well. I can confirm 100% that you do switch players during an event.

You can have first place with your sneaky ways. It's just a game. It's unfortunate you guys and all other feeder posses are ruining the game and not playing how it is meant to be played.

We all know who the real winner is: 420raiderz in 4th place with 30 players and no switching, one of only two teams in top ten not using feeders. That's the real winners. Thats a real team.

To top it all off your feeder crap has gotten the dev team to think teams are stronger then they actually are without feeders and now they have set unreachable scores no one can get without using a feeder system. Good work at screwing up an otherwise fun game. I speak for all honest players.
    lurchBrutus
    I'll just focus on our posse and our goals from now on. This feeder thing has just killed the competitive edge to the game. That's why they put a leaderboard. To make it competitive. And in case you guys forgot they created 30 players posses. The game would be much more fun if this didn't exist. I can't wait to see when they fix this so the battle is fair for everyone.

I don't know why feeder teams deny the switching. It's easy to see the name changes. And it's happening. So don't deny it.

Anyway. Happy shooting.
    lurchBluerabie
  • lurchlurch Member Posts: 104
    I say points should go with the player if they leave or get booted that'd fix the issue
    Aziz
    lurch said:

I say points should go with the player if they leave or get booted that'd fix the issue

That would just add a new way of cheating.

"Got more than 100k? - lets all meet up in Posse "ABC" and we will have instantly completed all goals"

Or...

A group of productive people take their loot on tour helping every Posse to succeed
    lurch
  • RandyRandy Member Posts: 18
    I am with 420Raiderz and got top score in last battle. Have also been in HeH and saw no evidence of swapping out - some were kicked for non performance and guess what others came in but only to get the cards already earned and then left - they have multiple teams but that is so that poorer scores are not lost, rather put to a lower scoring team to gain experience. The only thing they do near the end of the battle is swap players in from lower teams so they benefit from the cards - they do not bring these people in to score more. They have Zero who in old scoring system could make 200k. Not trying to be disloyal to Raiderz but equally not prepared to stand by and have a great team rubbished
    That is also my understanding of how its done in HeH Randy (= NOT cheating)
    Thanx for clearing that up.
    Sorry to tell you Randy but it may have been the case before. It isnt now. I monitored them the last two days. Many players were let in and not just at the end to get the cards. But during the event. Even the leader Zero you mention, he left and let someone else in.

Like I said they don't cheat if the game allows it. It just isn't how 99.9% of us play. There is always a few that come along and ruin the fair honest competitive edge of a game.

We are all entitled to have our opinion. We can all deduct our conclusion. It's happening. That's the reality. They are swapping players. I saw it with my own eyes in this event. They aren't swapping the whole posse. But they do swap some.

You saw our scores Randy. 6 players over 150k. Like 9-10 over 100k. Most others between 80-100. Two below 80. Still we didn't make it.

Anyway. Subject totally beaten to death and back to life a 100 times. It annoys me yes. Totally. But at this point it's up to the dev team to do something about it.
    Bluerabie
    To wrap this up: congratulations HeH you are a machine to be reckoned with :)

I gotta give kudos were kudos is due. I don't consider it cheating when it can be done. It just isn't how I see a 30 player game being played.