Posse Cheating

Comments

• AkselAksel Member Posts: 80
    Frag said:

Now the only thing they need to do is if anyone is kicked or leaves their points go with them because obviously the posses that uses or used feeders will now keep a team of 5-10 on standby and once some guys reach their max they will let them in so really the problem isn't even solved. Unless it's hard to find players who wanna be on standby a whole event maybe...

No need for that.
    People who have been in a Posse at ANY TIME since they started playing the game will not be able to add points if they were not in the Posse when the event started.

Wingman300Jasper
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    Sounds like a good fix then. Thanks for clearing that up :)
    ruinedgameJasper
  • ruinedgameruinedgame Member Posts: 7
    I've hardly bothered playing at all today, it seems pointless now. Frag - no matter how much I play, I will never, ever be able to catch you and actually, you will get further and further away, thanks to now not being able to compete and get close to the same card bonuses as you. I wonder, what's the point in you actually playing now, it's a going to be a walkover for you. You seem to like to quote sports examples, well, here's one - if a team has 11 players and they can't actually find a team to play, how much does the team with 11 players enjoy the game. Game ruined, well done.
    edited March 2016
    You keep expressing yourself as if this is all my doing lol. I doubt I have that power to make changes based only on my ideas and opinions. They made changes based on many people's opinions. Adjust. Be patient. Work you're way up. At one point I can't go up further in levels. You will reach me then. As will many others. I've been playing a year. Why should someone who starts 3 or 6 months ago be allowed to skim their way to the top?

Anyone who starts the game later then someone else has to work their way up. Start at the bottom. Be part of posses that are at the bottom. Play until they get better and better. This is the case with all android users right now. I had fun working my way up. I still have fun continuing my climb. That's the whole point of the game.

The way you make it sound is as if the game was only fun when people fed you cards and you had ways of climbing up faster in the ranks instead of actually playing.

So now you cant play at the top? Work you're way up. That's what I did. And everyone in my posse did.

The game is still fun. Players are just forced to actually play now. I don't see what's wrong with that. I've never played a game by going around what is actually part of the game play.

Relax. Enjoy. Start playing hard now. Come reach me. You can do it ;)
    Jasper
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    Ruined..... If you don't mind my asking, who are you in the game and what posse?
    I don't see why we wouldnt have posses to compete against as you seem to mention. Now everyone is on the same playing field. So now everyone has a chance to do good depending on availability of players.

One good player had to leave us today. Life took over. He has no more time. We lost a 150k player. Two are on holidays and can't play next event. That gives a chance to others who are close to us to actually beat us. It creates competition. Gives them a chance. I think you need to adjust and enjoy!

We have 3 train guys doing 80k. I didn't see any of the top posses requesting anymore then that from their players. So you can still play at the top my friend. Think positive ;)
    Jasper
  • TXP_CharlieTXP_Charlie Member Posts: 237
    50 players?? that means the goal will maybe be upped to 5 mill, I don't want that! XD and imagine the chat trying to cope 50 ppl chatting and sending trains! we don't want to disturb the chat! :lol:
    Jasper
  • kane13kane13 Member Posts: 1
    I like the fact that the devs are changing this. Seems to me the only people that don't like this are the ones hopping and the new guys getting cards for nothing. People complaining that the game is ruined LOL. I personally have been playing this game since launch. Had to grind my way to where I am. I earned it. Not through some loophole or the help of others. To all the noobs on android and people complaining. You realize that this game had no posses at the beginning? No sending trains for good cards? This game gets better every update and will continue to regardless if your whiney butt leaves. So suck it up and grind like the rest of us. Or leave. Bye bye.
    ruinedgameTiffanies
    Lol. Love it! Well said!!
    ruinedgameJasper
  • ruinedgameruinedgame Member Posts: 7
    Really? That's well said? I assume you are being sarcastic, nice one. Do try to keep up, this thread was started by whiney butts, how can you have missed this?
    TiffaniesCalamityJane
    Man up ruinedgame and play to earn like we all did. End of story!

I haven't seen many on here complaining. They will all adjust to new game play
    Jasper
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    edited March 2016
    KinWai - you promote topgunz but I gotta say. You chase after almost person in this game. I read 25 post a day of you asking someone to come check you out. With all that recruiting. How in the world do you keep your 30 members happy. Oh wait. Your just like everyone else. You ask all 60 of your players. Who can do the most this event and you bump those that can't out and keep your best 30 in. Is that not the same as rotating players but in a different way. And if that is not what you do. Then if I was in your posse and saw you chasing after 150 different players a day. I would be on edge as if I'm gonna get the boot if I don't satisfy you. How much fun is that. You are no better my friend. Your looking to bump player 30 for the next best thing.
    FatmanGiNCalamityJane
  • GiNGiN Member Posts: 4
    There's only two people posting on here in support, and all the while, trying to promote their groups. It's no surprise they are supportive of a change that benefits them, not necessarily the game.

Devs/admins, can we please get a list of your player names and the posses you are in?

Thanks.
  • kinwai0214kinwai0214 Member Posts: 62
    Trever, ya, my bad..
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    Pretty big difference between fielding your 30 best and fielding 90 players in one challenge. You make some good points Trever, but people ask out of events due to family, time, work very frequently. They go to an easier posse and rejoin when they are able to. Similar sure, but not the same.
    Jasper
    edited March 2016
    Wingman. I agree with people need a break and all I was saying is in the end, rotating people in or asking 60 to 75 players before the event starts, Who can give 125k and only putting those people in one posse is sort of the same." Both posses are in their own way manipulating the event. Y don't you write down the starting 30 members of hangem each day. I highly doubt they rotate many thru until after they hit the final reward. My dig on Kinwai (and it's not personal, I don't know you) is he promotes topgunz as the one true posse that doesn't "cheat" but yet he is recruiting and going after all kind of players in the top 10 posses. If you truly have a top posse of 30 that can hit it. Y are you actively seeking 20+ new potential players daily. Where is the loyalty to his current posse members. There are glitches to the game but one true way to get better is to build your troops. I'm sure all lower level players would like legendary troops and I don't see the harm in allowing others to capture that. If you want to make a contest out of this then play. "First team to 3.5 is the best. After that who cares.
  • JasperJasper Member Posts: 10
    Trevor, I have been with Topgunz since the beginning... There have been weeks where I couldn't contribute as much because of life. Kinwai and the posse has had my back in every single one of these circumstances. Not once have I been asked to step down because I couldn't contribute. So no we aren't "on edge" as you say. Do we continually have one or two spots open up?.... Sure... So does every other posse. Kinwai is on here and Facebook continually trying to find good players that can and will contribute to our posse. We set our posse up with the best 30 players to try and win the event. We play with 30 players for the event as we have proven time and time again. So if I came to Saigon and let them know I can contribute 300K per event, which I can, what you're saying is they wouldn't get rid of the lowest contributer to make room for me? Ok, if that's the case, then ya, my bad....
    Tiffanieskinwai0214
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    I have been with Topgunz Unite from the beginning(not the original one though). I , along with others, pushed for these changes. We usually are the first to 3.5 mil... then we get passed when the round 2, 3 and round 4 people come in for final push :)

I have always been for 30 and only 30 to do the event. Whoever you start with is who you finish with. As Jasper said, at most we have two spots open. If you are loyal to us we are loyal to you.

I agreed with you that some of it is similar.
    Jasper
  • slimslim Member Posts: 7
    Well said wingman. With True Grit we face the same thing. Also players that join a posse jut to collect cards others have earned with no intention of staying are an insulting all the players that put in time and effort to earn them
    CalamityJaneWingman300
  • CosmoCosmo Member Posts: 85
    I am happy about the changes coming up. We work very hard and have fun to obtain the scores we get.

The following changes will be added to the game soon:

- Y'all can only contribute points to the Posse in which y'all were when the Posse Event started
    - Y'all can only claim rewards in the Posse in which y'all were when the Posse Event started
    - If y'all have never joined a Posse before, y'all can join and contribute points to the Posse after the start of the Posse Event

The posse members who cannot participate in the on-going event will always be marked in the list of the contributors.
    Jasper.
    More of my point was your leader recruits from other top posses. He singles them out and sends PM's to them to lure them to your posse. In my opinion- not cool. But just my opinion. I'm all for posting a message out there to support your posse and promote your posse with hopes others are interested but to go into other posses and personally approach someone says they don't have much faith in your 30. OR if I'm hearing you correct. You have more then 30 players in your posse just like hangem does. You rotate the best in prior to the start. They rotate in once they hit the reward. Both of you have the same tactics but used differently. And trust me. Say what you want but if your busy that week, you don't just sacrifice a spot and only put up 25k. You step out of the posse and let someone else play for that event. It is the same concept but just played different.
    Wingman300
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    Giddy_up said:

I think posses working together makes for a better game. Coordinating 90-120 players using off site chat like line etc also creates bonds and friendships that give longevity to a game. Also it takes brains and determination to manage a big group. Dont write off those that play within the 'system' set by the devs. After all there are no cash prizes. Its just a game.

Exactly, it's just a game! So why inflate your score to make it look like you're better than you are? The posse's are limited to 30 players and you work with that surely? Not have several feeder posse's where players can swap towards the end to get rewards and to inflate scores, thst's not good sportsmanship and I'm glad they have put a stop to it!

There is no issue having a second posse as a way of moving people into that if they're busy or on holiday etc. But the leaderboards became irrelevant because some posse's would do the first round of trains and then swap players and the same again for the next round, just so they have a big score on a virtual leaderboard, it's pathetic.
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    Giddy_up said:

This is s big big mistake. Many players grouping together and using teamwork will give longevity to this game. Loners or small cliques will soon lose interest and move on to another app. Seen it happen too many times.

Giddy_up said:

This is s big big mistake. Many players grouping together and using teamwork will give longevity to this game. Loners or small cliques will soon lose interest and move on to another app. Seen it happen too many times.

No it's not, you have a posse of 30 players, which is plenty. It's highly amusing seeing all the crying on here and on Facebook about them locking it down. They now can't "play the system" and have a pretend score on a virtual leaderboard and also cannot claim rewards several times too.

This actually could have potentially hurt the developers because people aren't likely to buy diamonds if they can just cheat the system and get multiple legend or other rewards. Glad they fixed it, level playing field now - leaderboard will be totally different with the frauds being a lot lower down
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

CalamityJane
    GiN said:

Agree on both Giddy and BigDaddy's points. This is truly a short-sighted decision based on a few people complaining that they are not doing as well as others.

Now you will have folks join a posse only to find that they and maybe a few others are actually contributing while the rest sit idle. Now you can't boot them to any real effect or do anything to better yourself--you are now just stuck, and thus, you say to hell with the game and stop playing. As time goes on, this death spiral will only accelerate...and, of course, with fewer people playing means fewer in-game ads viewed and fewer purchases.

Those of us that have been playing group games for many years have seen this scenario play out time and time again--it's sad to see the same actions being taken here that start the inevitable descent.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It was broke and they've fixed it. It wasn't just "a few" people complaining. If people like you stop playing then so be it, there needed to be a level playing field and now there is one. People who have a single posse were discouraged by seeing posse's with anything from 2-20 feeder posse's where players could switch, claim rewards multiple times and inflate the score of the top posse. It's always the same thing with any game leaderboard, childish people want to inflate their score so "they're the best"

Wingman300

Glad the very few have got the game changed, ruining it for 100's of other players. Probably won't bother with the event now, there's no chance of any new players getting the bonus cards, thanks again.

Awwwwwww poor you now won't be able to get cards you DID NOT EARN

CalamityJaneWingman300ducksoup9

Taking the fun out of the game for new players, seems an odd choice. I would have thought you'd want more players to play, not drive them away. Very strange.

Taking the fun out of the game? What is fun or challenging about getting big rewards for doing nothing?! Where is the sense of achievement? Play the game like we all had to do and earn your legend cards instead of cheating. People like you think everything in life should be just given to you without having to do anything for it, it's so sad.

CalamityJaneducksoup9
    Giddy_up said:

I get it, anyone who doesnt agree with Frag gets shouted down cos Frag knows best...
    Well i disagree. Seen it kill off better games than this one. Lower players need encouragement and the chance to chase at the top. It encourages them to spend and stay in the game. That way the game has cash flow and longevity...

Anyway time will tell and we'll see soon that unless you spend mega bucks you cant compete, which will lead to players getting disheartened and leave.

Oh well was fun while it lasted.

And to the vocal minority's on here who want the staus quo so they can have cyber bragging rights, you're welcome !

That's ironic isn't it? You're moaning about legit players having bragging rights? Yes because inflating the score by having feeder posse's is really the best way isn't it? If you think people have to be given freebie legend cards to be encouraged to play then you're deluded. People are encouraged to play by seeing other players and wanting to achieve the same, you also seem to think that buying diamonds or boosts is bad! Without that, we don't have a game, developers won't work for nothing, they're not w charity. Low level players being given high rewards for doing nothing would have affected their revenue, which is another reason for the welcome change

CalamityJaneTiffanies

I've hardly bothered playing at all today, it seems pointless now. Frag - no matter how much I play, I will never, ever be able to catch you and actually, you will get further and further away, thanks to now not being able to compete and get close to the same card bonuses as you. I wonder, what's the point in you actually playing now, it's a going to be a walkover for you. You seem to like to quote sports examples, well, here's one - if a team has 11 players and they can't actually find a team to play, how much does the team with 11 players enjoy the game. Game ruined, well done.

So because you can't cheat, frag gets further away? How? Play the game, attack people, merge the cards and eventually you have a strong attack. That's how games are supposed to work!! Not just give you the best army straight away, where's the achievement in that? Any game you will ever play will have a character or whatever at a low level you have to PLAY the game to build up / improve over time. Not have some head start because you think you somehow deserve it!

Buy the booster pack, that certainly helps. You lot think it's somehow wrong to buy an in app purchase! Developers were forced down that route because of piracy and look at it in a time based way. What's a few €$£ on a booster or diamond pack on a game you are likely to spend hundreds of hours on? Compared to a £50 console game you're lucky to get ten hours out of...

If you're that upset that you now have to actually play the game for rewards, go find another game that doesn't challenge you

CalamityJaneAkselWingman300
    thats speaking your mind Nick ;)
    Wingman300ducksoup9Jasper
  • AkselAksel Member Posts: 80
    Trever said:

Jasper.

More of my point was your leader recruits from other top posses. He singles them out and sends PM's to them to lure them to your posse. In my opinion- not cool. But just my opinion. I'm all for posting a message out there to support your posse and promote your posse with hopes others are interested but to go into other posses and personally approach someone says they don't have much faith in your 30.

Totally agree... We post our scores on our FB page and the best players are spammed with aggressive PM's from a range of people from Topgunz... even people that repeatedly turned them down in the past.
    They have successfully lured a number of people away though.
    I really HATE this unethical behavior!