Maintenance in the middle of an event?!?

REALLY? We're back to screwing all of the loyal fans of the game by conducting maintenance in the MIDDLE of an event? You must really want to tank this game.
Bandit

Comments

• CosmoCosmo Member Posts: 85
    It's the posse cheating that is bogging down the servers! Being an IT guy, it's overloading the servers that were not set up for it.
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    I understand, but I could give a rat's ass. This is not going to make me want to continue playing this game.
    BanditCalamityJane
    I'm happy for the change, be patient young Luke, there is always a path forward.
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    Patience, lol, I don't have a lot of time on my hands this weekend and I was hoping to score a lot of points this morning. That's why I'm just a tad impatient.
    James_West
  • AlphaAlpha Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2016
    This downtime took a little long young padawans :)
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    Last event we had at least 8 hours of downtime where points were not counted. This event we are up to an hour already.
    Bandit
  • silver45silver45 Member Posts: 7
    Cosmo what's this posse cheating you are on about???
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 8
    This is BS !! Guess I will play more boom beach instead .
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    Relax people. Cpw doesn't do maintenance to annoy us. It's obviously necessary. They just set out new rules for events plus have released on android last week. It requires maintenance. Anyone who quits the game cause of this have it all wrong. I'm happy to know they are tweaking the game. That means every time they do it's getting better! :)
  • HowdyDoodyHowdyDoody Member Posts: 11
    I think I could forgive dev team for this interruption if they maxed out my steel.
    lol. Keep dreaming ;)
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 8
    I understand having issues but shouldnt you correct them before you start an event . I have lost a lot from the last screw up and received nothing in return not even an apology . I will reconsider my play time with this game .
    Andrelix
  • AndrelixAndrelix Member Posts: 8
    They should have done this before the event started...
    Spot on, Bandit. Remember they also later talked about how rough the start of the last event was. So they decide to repeat the fiasco? I wish the team was more communicative.
    If you read the entire thread on posse cheating and then the thread on recruitment. You can piece together the systems that some posse's were using to so called "game the system". With the player to player software some of the posse's were using to communicate within their groups, 120 players could Segway between 4 posse's and gather huge amounts of points and cards. The system wasn't built to handle that amount of interchange. It takes time to implement a change. There is absolutly no way to do so, they were nice enough to advise everyone of the change in advance. If they would of blindly made the change, people would not of been happy with that decision. It looks like it's a last effort by certain posse's to gather cards and points. The playing field will be a much more level one after this. Be patient, this is a good game.
    I understand what you are saying. So why not simply state that there will be no event this week, so they can execute this important change? That is much less disruptive than staring an event and repeating last week's fiasco. Again, it's about communication and respect for the players you are needed to help employ the design team.
    My sentiment exactly Cosmo.

Is getting pissed for them fixing things really the right thing to do?!

Chill. Relax. It isn't always possible to foresee all that could happen with new changes and maintenance is part of games. All games.

Watch a movie. Read. Bring the dog for walk. Talk to your neighbor lol. The game will be back when they are done.

And it's just a game. It's not as if your life will fall apart because they are addressing game issues with some maintenance downtime!

Life is good. Breath through your nose. Hold 4 seconds. Exhale! There doesn't that feel much better ;)
  • Giddy_upGiddy_up Member Posts: 9
    Frag are you paid by the developer ?
    Wingman300
    Strange how top posse scored 200k plus during maintenance break. Must be all that shuffling ;)
    Wingman300
    Frag said:

Relax people. Cpw doesn't do maintenance to annoy us. It's obviously necessary. They just set out new rules for events plus have released on android last week. It requires maintenance. Anyone who quits the game cause of this have it all wrong. I'm happy to know they are tweaking the game. That means every time they do it's getting better! :)

You realize the last several events have had outages....
    No giddy I'm not paid by developers lol. I just don't see what getting all worked up about will resolve. You know the old saying "learn to accept the things you cannot change". It applies well here ;)

Why would they pay me when they can message themselves for free?

Yes wingman I do realize the last several events have had issues. It's part of making the game better and part of dealing with unexpected things happening in the crazy world of game development.
  • NekobasuNekobasu Community Manager, Staff Posts: 127
    Howdy! We sure always try to avoid doing maintenance in the middle of the event. This time there were some issues happening to some players which really affected the gameplay, as in rollbacks.

We thank everyone of you for your patience and hope you will enjoy this week's event as well!
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    My posse is down again!!!' We were in 8th a few hours ago now 15th, pro posse. None of us can play, but seems other groups have no issue. Very frustrating as we worked our tail off yesterday
    Frag said:

No giddy I'm not paid by developers lol. I just don't see what getting all worked up about will resolve. You know the old saying "learn to accept the things you cannot change". It applies well here ;)

Why would they pay me when they can message themselves for free?

Yes wingman I do realize the last several events have had issues. It's part of making the game better and part of dealing with unexpected things happening in the crazy world of game development.

That is one person's opinion.

I love the game but have not seen any other decent game online have these issues.
    The patch for posse cheating has not even been applied yet...
    Patch is in the next upgrade coming soon they said.

These issues are obviously related to the game being available on android. I guess they didn't expect the server loads.

I have faith in the dev team!
    Is anyone having issues with the posse? Our how group has not been able to play for 11hrs now, we were in 8th now in 17th. It's says join a posse, all 30 players have the same issue
    That's what happens when you try to fix what's not broken. Pandering to a few "vocal locals" on the forums is screwing up the game for '000s of players. #epicfail
    and saying it's ok yah dee yah is horse s&it! Players invest time, hard cash and finger skin cells to tap away and compete.
    Having a lame response in pretend cowpoke speak from a customer support bod just isn't compensation.
    Hey giddy_up, is anyone in your posse having issues playing? Our whole group can't get on and there is no chat working
    edited March 2016
    Relax giddy_up. They are stopping posse hopping. Deal with it. Do you think they stopped that for a few "vocal locals" as you say? How do you know how many private messages they got about it? No company would change things based on a few people's opinion.

These server issues have nothing to do with that. The posse thing will be fixed in the next upgrade. This is obviously related to their android release and having more people on their servers on two diffetent platforms.

They said it clearly the posse hopping wasn't in their intentions. So they will fix the game to play like they intended it to be played and create a fair playing field for all. And like most of the players want.

How the heck do you know it's screwing it up for 1000's? Did you read a 1000 complaints? No you didn't. Did you read a 1000 people asking for a change? No you didn't. One thing is for sure. They got many many messages about posse hopping for them to implement the change.

If you don't like it move on. Find another game. And stop your whining. What are you? 10 years old?

They are stopping posse hopping. Let's move on from that already. And let's give them time to fix their problems. They aren't doing on purpose that's for sure.