Feeder posse's killing the spirit of the game....

Howdy everyone. I'm not totally against feeder posse's. For one they allow more than just 30 people to gather and enjoy a big community. However, when you have up to 7 feeder posse's, what is this really accomplishing? 30 members times 8 posse's is around 240 individuals. That's a lot of folks! If it was ment to be that way, why don't CPW just allow unlimited members, but only 30 to participate in the events?

My main point is this: when a great posse opens up so many feeder posse's it destroys the chances of the little guys that are trying to ascend the ladder of the leaderboard. There are a lot of great posse's out there, but can not get recognition because they are not on the leaderboard. If the feeder posse was under control there would be plenty of choices for the up and coming players to choose from.

The top posse's have already achieved greatness by sitting week after week on the leaderboards. Why add insult to injury by sucking up all the available players into feeder posse's? Just something to think about...
Fellini

Comments

• James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    The MainEvent does not use any feeder posses! Just hard work and great players
  • NekobasuNekobasu Staff Posts: 127
    Hello @Georgia_Tex ! Only 30 members can participate in the event. If a member joins the posse in the middle of the event, that member ain't able to participate in the event, as in giving points or collecting rewards. So, every posse has the same chances to climb to the top!
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    Nekobasu, you've completely missed the point. If a top three posse has an unlimited number of feeder posses, players aspiring to be part of one of those top three are best served joining one of their feeder posses in order to get the top rewards. All other posses have to grind their way through, "hopefully" attracting better players as they go in order to climb the leaderboard.

The fact that the posse rewards are greatly diminished now makes it even harder on the newer, weaker posses.
  • Georgia_TexGeorgia_Tex Member Posts: 162
    thank you ekw. I was trying to find to explain it exactly like you did. Of course it's a free world and I don't see a way that game makers could govern this aspect. I would just like everyone to know that their services could be better used in other up and coming posse's not just waiting for their turn in the top posse. I'm not going to mention names but there is at least one posse out there with 7, yes 7 FEEDER posse's. 8x30=240 people. I can understand a feeder posse, maybe even 2. But 7?
    Fellini
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    Totally agree! The MainEvent has built with in and picked up players the players others top groups have kicked, we have no feeder or training group as some may call t, we built the team from loyalty and friendship,
    Lol, nice recruitment post James. If we are plugging posse's, the Georgia Boyz have lost several members to these feeder posse's, simply because people want to be associated with a top lvl posse. It's not hard to steal players if you have 280 spaces available! We work just as hard as any posse out there with the exception that we don't kick weak players, we try to help them get stronger.
  • AlphaAlpha Member Posts: 45
    You also know that there is literally no way to prevent it, right?
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    Well ... I guess it's lonely at the top!

We were accused of cheating before the posse lockdown and now we are criticised for finding a space for players seeking to be part of our "family". If you notice, Hang'em High has stopped running recruiting posts, we don't need to seek out players ... they are coming to us.

The decision to open every new posse is not made lightly ... you can image how hard it is to manage 240 players (we have multiple chat groups outside of the game itself and keep track of every players score and level for every event in a massive spreadsheet in the cloud) but simply because we have requests to join and we don't want to kick anyone to make room for them.

When I opened Hang'em 8 after the last event it started filling immediately and now has 21 players ... three of our existing players "taking a break" for the next event ... the rest "new" sub level 30 players ... keen to be part of an active posse, with access to top players experience and advice, and willing to grow. And as they grow ... we have room for them in our various posses, depending on their ability to participate.

I'm sorry you think this is killing the spirit of the game ... we don't believe we are ... and the over 200 players currently in our "family" ... well I guess they feel the same!
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    Georgia Tex - you cannot honestly feel you work just as hard. If you did. You would be on the leaderboard. Do you realize some of these players score 200 to 400k themselves in the events. Do you know how much time that takes. I believe it requires lots and lots and lots of free time. I'm not trying to insult you or attack you but if your not committed to putting in the time to score 100k. Don't get mad that some are. They deserve to be at the top no matter how many posses they are. Simply put. People leave posses because they get tired of slaving 100k plus in points for some that score 30k but collect the same rewards. You said it yourself. You lost several members only because they want better rewards. Don't hate the game or the posses. And since we're plugging posses. If you can score 70k why don't you come check out Saigon. We're top 10 so hope that doesn't bother you. Cheers!
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    Thanks Trever for your post ... Saigon is an awesome posse ... always up there with the best of them!

And yes ... Hang'em High is posse number 1 because all 30 players do 100k plus every event. If they can't, they step down to make room for a player who can. Some step down for just one event due to other commitments, and some step down for many events because they need a break from the hard work involved getting 100k every week.

They go to one of our entry level posses, and help new players improve. We currently have at least one 100k capable player in most of our posses this week, so all can learn from the more experienced. And learn we all do. So eventually we can all do 100k!
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2016
    I think the people here defending the feeder posses, despite having good intentions and wanting to build communities, are still ignoring the original objection: that the existence of huge meta-posses creates an almost insurmountable barrier to entry for single posses hoping to get up into the competitive ranks. Just saying "put in the time and score better" isn't a useful suggestion when a single posse will inevitably have ups and downs in performance due to RL distractions, while the meta-posses have a huge pool of extra 100k+ players sitting on the sidelines to be rotated in as soon as one player takes the kids camping for the weekend. I submit that Hang'em High is at the top because it can ALWAYS field 30 players doing 100k, not because all 30 are 100% dedicated all the time, but because of all the substitutes waiting on the sidelines.

I don't doubt Gazza's or Trever's sincere desire to just play the game well, build cohesive communities, and so forth, but at least acknowledge the problem this arrangement this causes. While a consortium of 8 posses sits at the top, no single posse will ever take that spot from them, and many of the people clamoring to join are only doing so not because of any special traits of its members but because they see no other way to get to those ranks.

People in the top posse get to take weekends off and still keep their position. People in single posses don't. Is that really a level playing field?
    EKW514Fellini
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 219
    I really don't understand the problem.... Every posse that reaches 3.5 million gets the same rewards. One posse staying at the 'top' doesn't keep another posse from getting the rewards for reaching whatever level they reach.
    If people are happy being a tiny cog in a giant machine going nowhere, good for them. They truly don't rob me or my posse, or keep us from enjoying ourselves playing the game.
    A player having a busy work week, or a vacation with the family isn't going to destroy our posse, but maybe we don't break the 1 million mark this week.... Big deal.
    Why get so bent out of shape over a Legendary Gatling Gunner or a Notorious Dr Waltz.
  • TXP_CharlieTXP_Charlie Member Posts: 237
    edited April 2016
    We have some really old members in our posse who has been with us long before even I joined them in October, and we have a tight knit community, we know about each others families and pets even. Not everyone shares as much but many others does, and you grow such a friendship with a fellow posse member.
    Now when you are a pose of 20 members who are strives, and maybe 8 are busy and can't do that extra mile and then there s 2 who just do not have time.. What do you do?
    You LOVE playing with those 2 members? And they're just temporary busy, they're on one hand busy with life and can't play as much this event or 2, and then on the other side you have the majority who can and eager to get the top prize? You should just kick them then when they can't reach min? When you've created such a bond? To make sure another posse will get a use of them? It does not work that way, because good members aren't property, at least not with us, we want those we created a bond with to still feel included. :disappointed:

Trever nailed i on the head, it takes allot of time to get these kinds of numbers of points,
    anyone on he top 10 posse knows how much work they went through and goes through to get there and stay there. :smile:

Edit: I'm "provoked" by how players are portrayed to have the intelligence level of sheep and property... :disappointed:

• trixtatrixta Member Posts: 86
    I agree, its ruining the game for the smaller ' loyal' groups. Hell, my guild were top 3 UK, several retired and for love nor money i couldn't recruit new members. Everyone wants to go to these multi-guild groups thinking they'll get into the top team and earn a shit load of guild rewards. not realising that everyone is capable of getting them, you just have to put the effort in
    Are you in the wrong chat. Lol. That makes no sense.
    Oblio said:

I really don't understand the problem.... Every posse that reaches 3.5 million gets the same rewards. One posse staying at the 'top' doesn't keep another posse from getting the rewards for reaching whatever level they reach.
    If people are happy being a tiny cog in a giant machine going nowhere, good for them. They truly don't rob me or my posse, or keep us from enjoying ourselves playing the game.
    A player having a busy work week, or a vacation with the family isn't going to destroy our posse, but maybe we don't break the 1 million mark this week.... Big deal.
    Why get so bent out of shape over a Legendary Gatling Gunner or a Notorious Dr Waltz.

You are correct about the card rewards. No one's success in acquiring those keeps anyone else from also getting them.

The issue is the ability to rise to the top in the posse leaderboard. Not everyone cares about that, but some players do, and it's a legitimate competitive goal, just like amateur sports teams vying for a championship. The game presents the appearance of 30-member posses competing for rank, but the current state of affairs is that a posse of only 30 players will have an extremely difficult time ousting the multi-posses from the top spots, while the multi-posses can easily hold on to them, by dint of numbers and substitutions.

Thus, imho, the thread is appropriately titled; nobody is breaking any rules, but there is not a fair spirit of competition going on here.
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2016
    They took too long to fix the feeder issue and now some have built that structure so they always having many players to choose from. There is nothing we can do about that now.

Anyone who looks can see that in the top 10 posses spots open very often, especially l in the posses that don't have a feeder to replace someone. Anyone who really wants to have those rewards or be on the leaderboard simply has to join one of those posses. What's more important? Staying in your posse that isn't climbing or joining a leader posse who might some day pass those others posses. That's for a player to decide. They fixed using feeders in the event. Now we learn to play as the game is.
    I think some of you are missing the concept of how teams(posses) work. At the end of the day, we are playing for the rewards. If you say your not. Then it shouldn't matter to you what others posses are doing. Like anything else, rules change and the game changes. Either find away to adapt with it or join the masses that are changing or able to withstand the ups and downs. One thing I see is common is these so called loyal members you said you once had have now left for (not a better or bigger posse) another new posse. Simply because they want a chance at better rewards. That's what he game is. Don't complain about it. It doesn't matter what a posses name is or who is running it. If you want to be on the leaderboard. Then put up 260k in points and people will want to stay with you because you will carry them.
    Well said trever!
    While other people have a more eliquent way of putting things, let me just say this. Most of the people in our posse (Georgia Boyz) are wonderful and competitive people. I've got a lvl 31 pulling over 60k each event. We have our 70-100k players! So anyone that says we just need to "be better to attract better players" pulled that right from their butt! The problem is we have some that don't try hard, or can't reach over 30k. We wouldn't kick anyone trying, but we have some we do need to replace. Know why we can't? Cause there are so many feeder clans owned by the top few posse's sucking up most of the other players.

I understand the attraction to join a top posse. It means your a part of a great team. The multi feeders are just taking it way too far in my opinion. Anyone can sit on the leaderboard with 240+ members to cycle through.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I just wanted to get a conversation started to see how the general public feel about this issue. I realize it won't be fixed, and I know why. But as I said, I don't want to offend anyone. Good luck to all! Thanks everyone!
    Fellini
    Trever said:

I think some of you are missing the concept of how teams(posses) work. At the end of the day, we are playing for the rewards.

With respect, you are again completely missing the problem. This isn't about the card rewards, which we've established anyone can get no matter how many others also get them. The card rewards aren't the only thing people play for, at the end of the day. They also compete for ranking on the leaderboard. This was stated in several posts and all the criticisms of multiple feeder posses are directed at this, not the card rewards.
    Trever said:

That's what he game is. Don't complain about it.

"That's the way it is, just deal with it," is a very common refrain from those who stand to benefit from maintaining the status quo. It is frequently the case that "the way it is" isn't as fixed and immovable as they make it out to be. The top posses with many feeders could, for example, voluntarily keep their weekend vacationers on the roster instead of rotating in other high scorers, to show that they're still competitive even with some variability in attendance, just like posses without feeders have to do. In my mind that would be a gesture of extremely good sportsmanship and would put all these complaints to rest.

• TXP_CharlieTXP_Charlie Member Posts: 237
    (I must be a masochist for replying again :D )

I'm just curious, how old are all of your posses?
    TXP was founded the day you could make posses.

Same here TXP_Charlie. Until feeder clans opened up, we were on the leaderboard. Go figure...
    Fellini
    edited April 2016
    It takes time for a posse to climb up. Stop focusing on just the leaderboard and work together to build up your posse. 420raiderz was created way back then as well and we are still strong but we work at it. We grow together. We help new members learn. And eventually the team gets stronger. It isn't just feeder issues. If members aren't all on the same level then you kick the ones that aren't. Recruit with requirements like lv 30 and 50k minimum. And keep at it til you find players who remain loyal. That's how we did it. And many others. One player at a time.

If half doesn't contribute on same level as the other half and you keep them on that is what creates a bad vibe in the posse. Gotta get rid of deadwood and give yourself time to build the posse. Or rebuild when sometimes it crumbles a bit. You won't get the players back that moved to higher leaderboard posses. You have to get your own and work with them to work your way up.
    Thanks for your input frag! We are focused on the leaderboard because that is the next step for us to take. Each event we are right at the level of points to be there, but can't quite make the stretch. Each posse has there own struggles and issues that need addressing. Thanks for not telling us what ours is. 420 raiders is a great posse, they stick on the leaderboard week after week, so I doubt your struggles are the same as most of the posse's that I'm speaking about.

You have a great point however. Getting rid of the people that are not contributing as much as the others. That leads us right back to the problem at hand. How do the posse's not on the leaderboard replace the members they get rid of? Let's face it, a spot on the leaderboard is worth any amount of advertising in any forum or social media page combined. Since 420 raiders have been in the spotlight, I don't see y'all having a problem with that. Peace brother!
    Fellini