Update 2.1 - Feedback and Discussion thread

NekobasuNekobasu Community Manager, Staff Posts: 127
Let's discuss the latest update here!

Read here about what's new: http://forums.nextgames.com/compasspoint/discussion/5870
Seba

Comments

• kinwai0214kinwai0214 Member Posts: 62
    Topgunz Unite has 1 opening ! Join us to win Legendary sidekick :hushed:
  • RichardRichard Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2016
    moved
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297

I can't attack other player :(
    lurch
    Actually I can't attack him, I just battled someone else, but look at his goods and the message on the screen
  • NekobasuNekobasu Community Manager, Staff Posts: 127
    @Richard Howdy! If y'all lose a defence to a player who has much lower bounty score than you, you will lose quite a lot of points. And once you win an attack to a town of a player who has much lower bounty score, you will only gain a little. So, to gain a lot of stars, you need to target the towns which have higher bounty score than you have!
    Look at the picture I posted
    @Nekobasu Thanks for the answer. I understand how it works, it's just really frustrating. I hate that being a lower level player who is ranked high suddenly became something bad rather than good. There's not one person in the top 50 with the same level as me and, well, you can do the math on that one.

My defense is decent for my level, I have about 79-80% success rate. But that means that I have to beat 6 towns for every one that slips through in order to keep status quo. How am I supposed to climb the ladder with those numbers? Again, I understand how it works, and I understand that you have to satisfy the people whining about the game being to hard and who are willing to spend cash on it, I just think that screwing over long time dedicated players in the process is a bad move.
  • TXP_CharlieTXP_Charlie Member Posts: 237
    This is what I wrote on FB:

I'm devastated by the star change... It took me a week to get 50 stars, and just 2 revenges I lost 50 stars...
    I worked hard since October on getting on the global list, logging on several times a day, spent shameful amount of hours and spent money to get where I am...
    Now it's all lost so easily, and I only gain 5 stars per person. I've committed myself to my posse for this event, but I don't know what I will do Monday morning if I will bother logging on again... And please don't reply with a defense is key, it's not, I beat every single player I come across, and it's because I have a ton of legendary troop, I rarely come across a bad defense layout..
    :disappointed:

I wasn't jumping for joy with the last star update, but it made things more special to get to the top, so I could easily deal with the adjustment I didn't whine once even though I wanted to a little LOL! But now no, this I can't adjust myself to... even those low on the list, when they reach high they will just be beaten down as well...

Please undo this feature.. I'm glad you guys try new things but this isn't a success...

• POPPOP Member Posts: 11
    Admin you guys did not think this one out. It's like I'm being punished for working hard and spending a lot of money for diamonds then someone that never spends anything takes my stars. If you don't change it it's easy to delete the app!!
    lurch
  • Raven32Raven32 Member Posts: 21
    I can't stand when a player threatens to 'delete' or quit playing when they don't get what they want. Don't let the saloon door hit you on the way out. A hole
    @Nekobasu Can we please at least get an explanation as to why this dynamic change was made?
    Howdy, partners! We appreciate all your comments. The pvp scoring has been made more dynamic to keep the action on the leaderboards exciting. Note that this is only the first version of the new scoring system and we'll be balancing this over time.
  • Duke_NukeDuke_Nuke Member Posts: 2
    Please think through before making any changes next time.

Nekobasu, as you said one needs to target those towns that has higher score than you under the new system. But the higher the rank the more difficult it is. And in reality for those who rank top 50 or 100, this can almost never happen. So basically what the new system achieves is to punish those top ranking players, who actually spends lots of time and playing smart. I don't think that is what the designers intended to do.
    lurch
    Thanks Duke_Nuke same thing I'm saying! Raven32 who cares what you think Ahole your're probably one of the jack holes that has 50 stars and robs me of mine. Jack Hole
    lurch
  • TXP_CharlieTXP_Charlie Member Posts: 237
    I'm glad you changed the new update on PVP scoring... could it be an idea to make a suggestion before implementing it? Of course not everyone will always be happy but the risk of this high level outcry will be reduced when you guys do a make such a significant change?
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 194
    Yes the leaderboard has become more of a rollercoaster then a ladder, but it should be difficult to stay on top. Raven32 makes a very valid point, if you are so disappointed, vote with your feet. If enough people stop playing, you can bet they will make changes. If only the whiners leave, excellent.
    Thanks cpw for fixing the points system
  • TamerTamer Member Posts: 14
    Bundles are great. How about one with a steel bundle?
  • RamRodherasRamRodheras Member Posts: 33
    How about answering Jamesnykorak's question and explain if you can the picture that he posted. Is that a game cheat hack of some kind or what. Looks awful fishy !!!!
    @RamRodheras That was a bug in the game which has been fixed a few weeks ago. There's nothing to worry about there!