Gold Rush Event

So what do we all think of the Gold Rush? I've sent 10 trains and because I didn't have time to get enough cool down cards before the event started (or have the room to build then up) its 4 hours till I can start round three so I've popped in here to while away the time.

My fIrst thoughts ...
1. With no buildings or towers the battle points you start with are all you have ... hope that changes as the level increases!
2. With no camps there's no way to deploy a second round of troops closer to the target ... assuming you didn't use all your battle points on the initial deploy.
3. While it looks easy you soon find the enemy troops are tougher than they look ... many in our posse have already lost at least one battle!
4. And it's boring ... it looks boring ... and it is boring ... set troops and watch!

Over to the forum ...
woeFellini

Comments

• FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2016
    Zzzzzz

That says it all. Plus hate the white background. Who dogs for gold in snow? Where's the logic there...
    Lucky_Charles168woe
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    It's fine - better than doing the same cattle battles over and over. Big Foot is cool.

My only serious gripe with this last update is what they did to the heal bottles. :/
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    Oh ... and one more thing ... why is it winter with snow on the ground?
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    It must be an alternate universe where Bigfoot is real and we all have no problem buying diamonds endlessly.

Boring game play. Too much down time waiting to heal. Sneaky dr. card devaluation which is not even mentioned in the report on the update.

What to do with all that down time?!?

I know......find a FUN game to play lol.
    Fatmanwoe
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 7
    Well done CPW you've made the game pants
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    Totally agreed Frag boring and hate the white background hard on the eyes
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 8
    Very Boring !! I liked doing the cattle battles much better and the pay off at the end is worthless to be honest . I think they need to rethink this update scrap it and start over . They need to reset the healing bottles back to normal . I like the game used to love it but I think 500 Diamonds to open a platinum pack is outrageous . Personally I think this game has nosedived for the worse . Hope they turn it around . Bigfoot is a joke my troops destroy everything before he decides to show up . Way to slow . And we all know there is no Bigfoot back in the days let alone now so why even bring it into play .
    Lucky_Charles168
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    Frag, I'm curious, still OK with the AI for your sidekicks? Seems to me this is now the George Foreman game, "set it and forget it". The sidekicks almost actively seek out booby traps it seems.

Gazza, one thing is clear, anyone who wasn't already on the wrangler/Merc train is totally screwed! LOL
    All I can say if CPW keeps this boring event every other week , I guaranty the a lot of players or groups will just take the event off during that week, it's worse than watching paint dry. Can someone tell me how they find this fun, interesting, exciting? Zzzzzzzz is right Frag.
    RafemaFellini
    Just under 40k now - and I have to say I strongly disagree with most of the criticism. I like this event and I'm glad it's in the mix, versus the same endless cattle battles. Give me snow, give me Big Foot, challenge me to think of a whole new strategy to get through this. Well done, the game is better for this. And I'm surprised that people aren't welcoming this addition.

Mh only gripe is the the heal cards - that was a big miss by them, driven by greed and I strongly suggest that they walk it back to at least somewhere in-between where it used to be.
    swiftyRafema
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 188
    edited April 2016
    It is a bit dull at 10 gold rush trains in so far:
    1) Release 20 wranglers
    2) put a rally flag on the mine
    3) collect rewards
    4) repeat
    I strongly suspect that the snow is to suggest high altitude, and complement the clearly winter coat of our new Bigfoot/Yeti allies.
    I'm not happy about it, but I understand the downgrade of the Dr. Waltz cards. It brings the first level card in line with all the other fairly useless first level 'town' cards.
    It was unfair to tease us by talking about collecting 'ore', as we can't use it for anything!

We'll have to see if the multi-mine maps require strategy rather then just 'dash & smash' (nope)

..... Much later...

At 40 trains in it's the same.
    Having 26 Notorious Wranglers and 80 Battle Points the strategy is still the same,
    Deploy, Drop Flag.......... Drop Flag.. Collect Winnings, Repeat x3

Two of us in my posse have 100k +, everyone else without a hoard of Wranglers is struggling to get off the ground.
    Gazza
    Snowdrift what do you score weekly? Try doing this for 150 trains x 4 battles in each...ya 600 pointless boring battles :(
    I do 100k plus... Btw, if you haven't gotten to the 2's yet, you need a completely different strategy/troop mix.
    What I don't get is why people think this is more boring than doing the same cattle battle every single event?
    I am well past the 2's there is no strategy needed, drop and watch....fun :|
    Okay, James, but my point is how is this any different than the monotony of cattle battles... I assume you've been above level 61 in cattle battles? And assuming you have, that is arguably easier. Are you upset about that, too?
  • piyushpiyush Member Posts: 4
    I don't mind the new scenario. However dr. Waltz cards degrading takes the fun out of the game. I am pretty sure most of the users won't pay the high price for the diamonds and that too at regular intervals. Appreciate developers need to make money. But I strongly feel most users wouldn't mind paying if prices were lower like a dollar. In the end developers would actually make more and everyone would be happy. If things don't change I don't think I will continue playing this for long
  • BreckingBrecking Member Posts: 1
    Gold Rush.... Not a fan. If this continues on a regular rotation I will probably tell my Posse im on vacation. Very boring. I don't ever post but thought I would give my two cents on this one.
  • RexDogRexDog Member Posts: 4
    Gold Rush! What a stupid thing to incorporate into the game. I have tried 6 times and have been defeated every time. Too hard.
    My Posse has already lost some players because of this stinking change!
    NOT HAPPY JAN!!
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    So it seems like high level players with lots of wranglers, mercenaries, and battle points are able to send a big cavalry group straight to the objective(s), making the event trivial and boring. Low level players without those assets have to slog through an open battlefield while getting shot at from all sides and dropping flags every three seconds to keep their troops from splitting off in every direction. For them it's very difficult.

I think both problems stem from the almost complete lack of terrain features on the battlefield. Did someone make the programmers push this out the door in a hurry? They really need to take it back and spend some time on decent level design, like the regular map encounters have.
    Lucky_Charles168FizzyPinot
    As I said in another post ... Now that I've got the hang of how my troops behave when there's no towers about and which ones can trample over a booby trap without suffering too much this event is quite easy to play ... but based on what my fellow posse members are saying and doing, you are in a spot of bother if you haven't maxed out your camps, battle points and flags! Apparently it's not that easy for players on lower levels.
  • briscobrisco Member Posts: 3
    I hate the latest 2.2 update to put it simply. Wish it never existed. A great game is now ruined.
    Dave
  • AzizAziz Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2016
    bigfoot is useless , i dont use them cuz very very slow, cattle battle more better cuz i feel boring playing goldrush easy easy easy hate score points like that ,all lvls like a same ...

Hope cpw cancel this event and this mod
    Cpw congratulations u make this game so bored
    No one she can take....
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 7
    Unfortunately I dont think that CPW will do anything about this event, it's another blatant attempt to get people to spend money on the game. It's a shame that the game is heading in this direction as it's making the divide between the higher and lower performing teams greater (in my humble opinion). I mean £15 to buy a legendary Ranger with a few hundred diamonds.. Some will disagree and that fine. I like many others am being put off playing as a result of these recent upgrades
    Oblio said:

Having 26 Notorious Wranglers and 80 Battle Points the strategy is still the same,
    Deploy, Drop Flag.......... Drop Flag.. Collect Winnings, Repeat x3

Two of us in my posse have 100k +, everyone else without a hoard of Wranglers is struggling to get off the ground.

Amen Oblio ... level 37 plus and this event isn't much of a challenge but for lower levels it's a real dog ...

• TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    edited April 2016
    This event is easy for me as I have mercs and wranglers. If you don't. Possible but harder. I like this. Seems quicker and allows me to contribute more to the posse. I normally can go 100 to 110 in cattle battles. Now I can put up 200k and help others. I like this. It's a change so people will not like it but I think it's good.
  • FelliniFellini Member Posts: 10
    Gold rush is hard to do to help point wise also boring & having tried many different combos of sidekicks I still get defeated & end up with empty or only part full trains leaving my camp.....a bad idea for a new event ......new event would be welcome but not this!
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    Trever said:

I like this. It's a change so people will not like it but I think it's good.

That's cool that you're enjoying it, but if you're suggesting that people don't like it just because of the normal human tendency to dislike change in general, I'll have to disagree. I'm seeing some very specific reasons being given here that go beyond the event just being new and different.

I think the question of how extensively the developers playtest their own changes is a valid one to ask here. Did they really run this event themselves internally hundreds of times in a row by sending 20 cavalry straight to the objective and not wonder if it might seem tedious?

Well folks ... we will be doing it all over again next event ... despite stating clearly that the gold rush and cattle battles would run alternately, they have given us all the finger and are now running gold rush events back to back. First we get robbed ... now lied to!
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Anyone got a good face/Palm meme?
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!