Update 2.2 - Feedback and Discussion thread

Comments

• xCF97xxCF97x Member Posts: 25
    Did CPW make the healing time of the medicine wagon longer?
    lurchjon
  • bullelkbullelk Member Posts: 5
    I believe they did yes, and the troops also seem to die exponentially now, my average wait time used to be 5-10 minutes, now is 30-45 minutes. I am thinking if this event doesn't blow my mind I am done with this game......
    lurchDesperado_Dan
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    I tried to get my kid to play the game. He started coming along then after this update he says "this game is a waste of time". Well... it use to be fun son.....

I hate the reduction, but also where am I to put the new cards? You now have cowbell and gold rush for essentially the exact same event.
    lurchjonJasper
  • BigTexBigTex Member Posts: 1
    I think I can echo a lot of whats being stated here. Dr. cards are now worthless and i am deleting them because i have to make room for two additional card types (miner/bigfoot). Throw me in with the others that think the reduction on the doctor cards will have a negative impact in play-ability. (tons of other games out there)

I understand the why, but it sure seems like in terms of the balance equation, its very uneven. There wasnt much to off-set the healing reduction.

Additionally, if you are going to introduce two additional card types - i would have liked to see something in terms of balancing our camp capacity. Either increase the capacity of the camps or reduce the number required for merging. Personally, i would love to see a reduction in merge requirements.....make them all three rather than increasing the camp capacity.
    bullelkDesperado_Dan
  • AzizAziz Member Posts: 67
    @Nekobasu in total no one like the change time for dr waltz cards... This is fact now dr walts useless .. And not help player ...

I recommend that should fix the time back or give us another 1 upgrade for doctor wagon its will be fair
    No one she can take....
    lurch
    They need to bring back the normal times for the regular rugged and veteran cards and reduce the notorious. I never understood why it was eight hours.

@Nekobasu there isn't one positive comment here and you guys are getting hammered on Facebook. You need to act on this one.
    lurchDesperado_Dan
  • woewoe Member Posts: 66
    Dr waltz cards all but useless now & now we have a new card for gold rush? Bring back heals, & make a universal card that can be used for cattle battle & gold rush. Or substantially boost camp capacity. Think ahead next time developers, you're not newbies at this, you HAD to know this was gonna blow up in your face. Think its bout time to go back to playin wow full time again.
    lurchDesperado_Dan
  • AlphaAlpha Member Posts: 45
    woe said:

Dr waltz cards all but useless now & now we have a new card for gold rush? Bring back heals, & make a universal card that can be used for cattle battle & gold rush. Or substantially boost camp capacity. Think ahead next time developers, you're not newbies at this, you HAD to know this was gonna blow up in your face. Think its bout time to go back to playin wow full time again.

I like the universal card idea for pens. Camp space is scarce. Making it worse will not generate more income.
    lurchLucky_Charles168Jasper
  • lurchlurch Member Posts: 104
    WOW sounds good to me:) try for the idea
    woe said:

• RamRodherasRamRodheras Member Posts: 33
    As our posse finally gets within reach of the next event reward CPW decides to go for the gold and raid our saddle bags!! Gee Wiz partner give us a break. All us prairie people have put up with a lot of bugs and we were very patient with CPW while you fixed them. Sure seems like you put the boot to us town folk with every update. With all the options for different games in the app world, one would tend to think that you just don't care how we feel as long as we are buying diamonds!!! I think you have almost every nail in the coffin. Very soon we will be able to pronounce this game dead. !!!!
    FatmanlurchDesperado_DanLucky_Charles168
  • HighlanderHighlander Member Posts: 38
    Be nice to hear some sort of response from the developers.
    Even if it's to reinforce their decision, then we can accept it or move on as we see fit. Surely they can't just ignore the negative feelings this has caused, can they
    lurchDesperado_DanLucky_Charles168
  • BoogyBoogy Member Posts: 1
    Well done ... Probably the best way to ruin a great simple game. What you trying to do, have you had an offer from supercell?
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 188
    I agree that having one combined card for cool down speed up would help camp crowding. As would combining Frank Fort & Caleb Carpenter into a single card.

Though I feel cheated by loosing so much accrued healing time when my Dr. Waltz cards were drastically devalued. It is still proportionally the second most valuable entry level of all the 'town cards'.
    Goods and Gold regular cards are 1/1000th the value of notorious cards
    Caleb Carpenter regular cards are 1/216th the value of notorious cards
    Sam Steele regular cards are 1/200th the value of notorious cards
    Dr. Waltz regular cards are 1/90th the value of notorious cards.
    Both cooldown regular cards are highest valued at 1/60th the value of notorious cards, but the high steel merge costs make them 'expensive' to merge.

After my first reaction, I understand the devaluation of Dr. Waltz as a balancing effort. Though I would have appreciated getting a better trade in for my old cards then 1:1

Desperado_DanLucky_Charles168
    Now that ive run a few mining trains, wth???? Its stupid, a lot of posse members are only gonna make our min which is a low 15k, theyre disgusted by the new event, heals hit, Etc. I wonder if the developers are hiding under their bunks after this latest & worst yet blunder!!!
    Lucky_Charles168
    I think they got run out of town on a rail ahead of the tar and feathers...
    Lucky_Charles168
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    I think they came up with this after work at the local bar after a few too many tequila shots lol
    Wingman300Lucky_Charles168jon
  • AlphaAlpha Member Posts: 45
    Frag said:

I think they came up with this after work at the local bar after a few too many tequila shots lol

Nope, this time they decided to try the expensive club downtown and realized the drinks are too expensive. They made changes to be able to pay next time :)
    jonJasper
  • bullelkbullelk Member Posts: 5
    Our posse members are dropping like flies.... Developers need to respond to something, YOU ARE LOSING PLAYERS!!!!
    lurchWingman300Lucky_Charles168jon
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    OK CPW, let me see if I understand this correctly, when all of us good settlers moved West, we were confronted by that mean Mr. Orville Driller and his exploitation of the frontier. We were plagued by cattle rustlers and horse thieves and took up the good fight to rid the West of all of these outlaws and create a place to prosper.

Now we are no longer correcting a wrong, we just seem to be "good fellas", and gals, raiding mines and taking whatever we can get our hands on!

Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that the whole point of raiding these mines is to bring justice to the miners, or their big, hairy friends.

There used to be an attempt to provide a narrative that explains why we are doing what we're doing, but I can't see it anymore.
    lurchLucky_Charles168CalamityJane
    It was explained as ore recovery, so Orville's cousin 'Goldie Miner' must be claim jumping our prospectors digs high in the mountains (disturbing traditional Bigfoot nesting sites).
    Desperado_Dan
    With the Cattle Battle Events skewed towards Gold over Goods at 3:1 train cars (rewards) it might be useful for Gold Rush Events to be more balanced at 2:2 train cars or perhaps 3 Goods to 1 Gold if it is easier to program.
  • Nose66Nose66 Member Posts: 1
    While I am a new player, most of my posse is not. And ALL of them are complaining about the Dr W. Update. A few have quit the game completely and the rest are talking about it.

It is a pure money grab by the developers to try to force people to use diamonds more. They may make more money in the short term, but I expect they will lose money on the long ten as many customers just stop playing.
    Lucky_Charles168jon
  • Georgia_TexGeorgia_Tex Member Posts: 162
    The change in medical card value is awful. The event is worse. This event must be geared for high level players. It's not that hard for me, but most of the lower level players are having trouble. Let's think about this. Higher level players with lots of battlepoints will be able to go longer without being able to add more troops. Low level people with few battlepoints, not so good. This event is geared for the top posse's on the leaderboard. In no way is it fair to the average player. At least with cattlebattles there is a hint of skill involved with game progression. Could we get an explanation of what y'all were thinking when y'all came up with this?
    I may be mistaken, but i don't remember the dev teamsayin anything after any of the blunders, brain farts, & out & out disasters. It'd be nice to hear SOMETHING from the team to explain the reasoning, or apologize for the blinders. Guess they think we're all mushrooms. Keep em in the dark & feed em bs
    Lucky_Charles168
  • acjacj Member Posts: 2
    My posse normally produces 450k. Not stellar but we have fun.
    This event we have 220k .
    Low level players cannot meet our minimum , so we decided to suspend it for this event. Higher level players did not bother simple because it was not an interesting event. Same for me . I plowed through the singles using brute force wrangler approach and when I hit the doubles I decided I was done.
    Same for most of my fellow players.
    Hoping that by the time we have to do this one again, it has either been pulled or totally reworked so their is some excitement in the battles.
  • clintclint Member Posts: 24
    My rant against this update continues. This is terrible CPW. No rhyme or reason to attack, I made two mine level and tried route from each side using legendary and noto wranglers and legendary gatlins which posse said was working for everyone else, I got destroyed each way and never hit mines because i flagged around them. everyone wiped out. amazed i could flag around them because all troups act like they lost their mind and just ate a bunch of peyote!
    woeLucky_Charles168lurch