Ability to Cancel Rally Flag

Sometimes I place the flag in a spot where I'll have my troops get splash damage by TNT Sally, and placing a new Rally Flag doesn't quite allow my troops to move them in the method I want them to. Due mostly to the fact that they'll keep on going a few more spaces where the previous flag was placed before going to where the new flag is located. I think if we had the ability to cancel the Rally Flag it would allow for some better maneuvering of our troops when an unwanted flag is placed. Perhaps a key just on top of the Rally Flag key would be convenient for fast easy access. Thanks!
EKW514

Comments

• EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    I agree, and I believe this has been raised before.

Please moderators, if you want to avoid wading into all of the negative posts, at least let us know you are still passing our suggestions on to the dev team.
  • ReumsterReumster Member Posts: 49
    Feedback!

I agree good idea.
    EKW514
  • KellyGreyKellyGrey Member Posts: 93
    Howdy partners! Thank you! It's great to hear your ideas and I am going to pass this suggestion on to our developers!
  • xCF97xxCF97x Member Posts: 25
    I hope you passed on our suggestions about Dr Waltz!
    I have partner @xCF97x !
  • FacelessFaceless Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for getting back to us on this issue also Kelly! Much appreciated :smiley:
  • xCF97xxCF97x Member Posts: 25
    Thank you Kelly
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    The "take back my flag" option would have to be available for only a very short time for any given flag, and you should only be allowed to cancel a flag once or twice during a given battle. Otherwise players would abuse it by dropping a flag, letting their troops move toward it for a few seconds, then take it back, then place it again, then take it back, over and over, getting a large amount of free troop movement without using up any flags. Those restrictions should still let people correct the occasional mistake.
    @Xanthippus, for my part, I wasn't thinking you would get to re-use the cancelled flag, you would merely shut it down so that newly placed sidekicks aren't drawn to it.

I accidentally drop flags when I mean to be deploying new sidekicks, lol, I don't really expect to get those back either though.
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    Ah, so the flag is still used up, but just doesn't sit there pulsing for as long. A fair point, which would preclude the exploit I was picturing.
    That's correct @Xanthippus. Another possible "fix" would be to steadily reduce the length the flags are active. Generally the first 2 or 3 need to be of longer duration but later ones don't, so you could cut down the activation time with subsequent flags. Not as elegant, but that might work too.
  • hashbrownhashbrown Member Posts: 62
    Great idea and much needed.
    I am loving these suggestions about the flag, duration and limited ability to cancel flags are great points for us to work on!