Whisperer encounters

StewartStewart Member Posts: 49
Hi All

Anyone else experiencing issues with the whisperer encounters ? Sometime after my 1st shot or grenade the game freezes and just closes itself. 

The most annoying thing is they cost 3 energy and when it closes itself, puff 3 energy down.

I've reported this to support on numerous occasions and before someone says log as support ticket i have but they just sweep it under the carpet and recommend the usual rubbish, uninstall game, clear cache, blah, blah, blah which I've done loads of times now and it's still happening but doesn't happen on everyone one of them.

It doesn't matter which hero or weapon I use so it cant be down to that.
BigGunJeff1

Comments

• Jeronetj3Jeronetj3 Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2020
    The game demands quite some physical stress from the phone, before starting a whisperer maybe first restart the game so it stresses the phone less and maybe the game won’t crash on those encounters, that’s the only advice I can give now.

And report ingame too, maybe they can find a fix for it happening...
    Texas_Ranger
  • StewartStewart Member Posts: 49
    Thanks Jeronetj3 but if you read the message properly you would see I've contacted in game support numerous times about this issue...restarting the phone every time you want to complete a whisperer encounter is not a solution.
  • NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Community Manager, Staff Posts: 416
    Hello @Stewart. It's odd that your game crashes when playing Whisperer Encounters, could you please contact our Player Support when the issue occurs again? It will help understand what could be causing it. Thank you
    Thanks NG, Player support has been contacted numerous times and it doesn't crash as often as it did in the past but it is still happening costing 3 energy and grenades if I throw that first.

• NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Community Manager, Staff Posts: 416
    Thank you @Stewart. Please download update 14.1 and check if you encounter the same issue. If yes, please let me know.
  • taintnuttintaintnuttin Member Posts: 4
    Mine does the same thing even after the update, and restarting does work, but very inconvenient.

However I've found a workaround. If you don't do anything, your hero will look back at you. Keep waiting and they will look back a second time and motion with their head to do something then face the walkers again. Now go nuts!

Another way is to pause it, hit continue, then shoot the ground first but that only seems to work about 75% of the time.

Clearing the phone memory often doesn't hurt either.
  • Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 85
    Gee, that's must be a very annoying bug.  personally, I desactivated the "gore and blood" thing on my game because it was too demanding on my phone. It made my game crash too.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,049
    This sometimes happens for older devices or if something isn't updated ios/android, etc.  Best bet is to contact in game support.
    Still happens even on the latest version but not as often. I'll try the other tricks mentioned above and see if that helps.  Game support has been contact numerous times but the same response it received...it's been looked at but has been ongoing for 8 months now.
    Still happening and has for more than a YEAR, support say shot at the floor first which I do but that's not a solution really.....

Playing on latest version and always have so thats not the reason and it doesn't happen everytime so issue isnt a device issue either