Lock the doors !!!

Hi here is another great suggestion for all the building builders out there.

BostonLvrdreambear

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,382
    @Marbo417 let's say you were a player in that area and couldn't leave the house and had no way of building another safe house because someone built all these around you and it's locked and you need to drop off survivors for your board, how would you feel if this happened to you?
  • Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2020
    Mmm... if one of my buildings is locked... the 3 others would be generally open and are near.  And i built a level 51 armory. In that building i had over 50 000 drops. I check yes there was some passerby drops in it... 5, 8,  10.... someone even put 22 in it!!!!  Wow.    All the others are from teamates. So excuse me to be selfish but i think i won't be considering  those random drops as very significative. 
    it's a very strange question you asked me considering that most of the players are in teams and most of the teams always have at least a couple of flares active in wich they can probably find a place for droping their survivors.  And from what i saw in many teams i played with,  doing rescues is not very popular since it does not give much in return compared to other kind of encounters.  You would deprived me of an opportunity of saving my buildings in which i have invested a huge amount of time and ressources for just a very specific rare case that someone without any building materials on him, without a team would by any chance once in a lifetime get near one of my buildings.    
    I'll finish with this... if by any chance i  find myself in such a siituation, i would use one of the many other options the game offers me.  I could use one of my flare to get a little further and build myself one.  Or i would take a compass to explore a little and find a spot.  But the easiest way would be to write in the game chat :" hey, i need a place to drop my survivors,  anyone need some?"  And i would say that 98% of the time, a flare appears !    
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,382
    @Marbo417 expand the area and now imagine all the good flare sites are like this and now in addition to trying to find a place to drop off survivors you have a turf war due to locking down safe houses.  I see more abuse by groups to capitalize on prime flare spots using lock down.
  • BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    So, let's assume there's a player in my area I don't like. I catch a moment his buildings drop (say, he went on a vacation), build stuff around his house and lock the doors on everything. How do you think will he like it?
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
    Carnage
    I think you are completely out of the reality of what is going in the game. Seriously !.  Players Buildings are the only proof when you open the game that there are still players playing this game. They are landmarks.  When you clic on them,  you can see all the players who have dropped survivors in it. Generally  the bigger a building is the more people there are inside.  I don't understand your fears concerning my suggestion.  First, you are basing your argumentation on the case of  someone who can't go out wich is in total contradiction of the core goal of this game.  This is a game based on exploring your neighborhood  not staying at home.  Even with the current world situation, i have been able without any problem to keep doing it.  And from what i see in-game, almost each player is "king of his own turf" . Every time one of my teamates make a flare at his home, there are only his own buildings there.  There is no "war" for ground control. At least not at all the places i have visited in this game yet.  Maybe it's different in other parts of the world.  i am only asking for a way to help me and all the other players who like keeping their buildings, to have a certain control and you are answering me with hypothetical situations that i have never witnessed in the game.  Like i suggested, only the founder could put a TEMPORARY lock on one of his buildings.  Only ONE!!!  come on !  You are seing this in the total wrong way.  There used be many players playing this game in my town,  but it seems i am the only one now.  I don't know how it's going in the other parts of the world but here, this game is dying.  
    Your statement that there are no wars for territory is not entirely correct. There used to be, I remember some. And neither of us two has the data to claim there would be none if more or less reliable methods of messing with other people get introduced now.

I understand and share the feeling of frustration when someone upgrades the building you wanted to keep where it is either to buy more time to maintain your other buildings or upgrade it when the board requires it, but is this really a necessary solution? I have been keeping my highest level buildings @ 30 to upgrade - and no one simply passing by accidentally leveled them so far.

P.S. I forgot to mention, but that's a very impressive mock up :)
    Marbo417Carnage
    edited November 2020
    @Bemxuu thanx for your comment.  It is constructive.  And you are right, there is no way to know what negative impacts my suggestion could bring.  I am probably one of the rare few who still have interests in buildings. Must be my architectural background!  I will come up with other ideas. 😁
    @JZom ha ha ha. You are totally right. I have started the game last week. My only hero is Michone and I am using only the wildcat smg.  Doh!!!
    Carnage
    @JZom you are correct that there might be people who couldn't care less about the buildings anymore as they have hit the limit on all the rares and epics (at least to match the legendary wall), but I highly doubt it's the majority. For majority, an improvement to buildings is important and worth discussing :)
    Marbo417
    If i understand correctly what JZom is saying... with my limited knowledge of the game   it's that any suggestions made here that are not solely directed at taking these level 30 and up bored players out of their misery will be turned into derision.  These 200-300 something players in the the top teams are all that matters. Who cares about the thousands of others who still have tons of cards to upgrade and are still buying flares... But it's ok. I will try to put myself in their skin for my upcoming suggestions.   
    JZom is providing a different perspective on the same subject. Both are valid.

This game is not made of clones of the same person. We are drawn here by different aspects of the game, we play it differently and enjoy all the different parts of it, but there are two things we all agree on:
    1. The game must be interesting for everyone - from a newbie still hoping to see his first legendary to a battle-seasoned survivor halfway to his tenth million walkers killed.
    2. Social cooldown suxx.
    Marbo417