Buildings longevity suggestion

Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 91
edited December 2020 in Suggestions & Ideas
Ok first of all,  if you are considering that doing rescues and droping survivors in a safe house is a completly useless task and a total waste of time,  just STOP READING here and go to the next topic.  This post is not for you.  I made a search on the old reddit forums and my suggestion is not original.  It has been suggested many times in the past.  It just means that I am not the only one who cares about that.  Some changes has been made some time ago to increased the amount of time we get to upgrade a building.  And it was greatly appreciated.  But why does it stop at 20 days?  You have the same time to upgrade a level 20 building than a level 50.  It just does not make any sens to me.   So here is my suggestion.  It won't change anything to the people who don't care about building but it will to those who does.  

It is as simple as that:  you get 1 day per level of the building to upgrade it.  Ok , I can already here the comments.... What?!?!  I spent my 10 bulding materials to build this and I have just one day to upgrade it ???   Are you crazy?   And to that I answer:"  You only need 20 survivors...it's nothing!"  And after that you will have 2 days to find 28.... which is still very easy.  And very soon it will get back to what it is right now.  10 days for a level 10 building.   

The fun starts after that.  As you keep upgrading your building... because you like that!!.... you are getting more days for the task of saving them.   

My opinion on the subject that is not shared by many here sadly is that the buildings are the only proof right now that there is activity in your neighbourhood.  For starting players it gives them confidence in the game when they see that the game is alive and that there are people around them playing this game.  If I do a quick comparison with Pokemon Go,  if you open the game, you can see right away all the Battle gyms around you, you can clic on them and see the other players in it.  In Our World, the only visible presence are the blue buildings on the map.  And we should have better ways to keep them alive even if after you have maxed out most of your cards it start giving you only coins. Personally I like that, because I need millions of coins to upgrade my cards.  

So lets see the difference with the present setup and what I suggest.  For my level 50 armory that I was able to bring to level 51, I had 20 days to drop 11 000 survivors.  That's 550 drops per day.  It's almost impossible without a lot of help from your teamates.  With what I am suggesting, I would have had 50 days,  so 220 per day.  It's still a lot but far more easy.  It would not hurt anybody and it would please many.

Another "advantage" of this suggestion would be to get rid of rapidly of all those level 1 buildings we always have to build around us for board missions.  

And finally this is some exemples of what I was regularly getting for droping 5 survivors in my armory.  I think it was worth it. 

here is the comparison

AncientBobMadrius

Comments

• BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    Have you tried making a graph of survivors required per day vs building level for your proposal and current system?
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
  • Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2020
    @Bemxuu In fact i did.... lol.  Yes I am that crazy.  But I was lacking some datas to complete it.  But I am sure NG has already all those datas. 
  • BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    Can you show us your current results?
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
    with the current setup or with my suggestion?  or both side by side?
    You know what I will try to complete it before showing it.  Should not take too much time.
  • AncientBobAncientBob Member Posts: 5
    Marbo417 said:
    [...]buildings are the only proof right now that there is activity in your neighbourhood.  For starting players it gives them confidence in the game when they see that the game is alive and that there are people around them playing this game.  If I do a quick comparison with Pokemon Go,  if you open the game, you can see right away all the Battle gyms around you, you can clic on them and see the other players in it.  In Our World, the only visible presence are the blue buildings on the map.

Just wanted to chime in and agree with this point. Stumbling across buildings maintained by other players definitely stood out to me when I first started playing... I think they have a lot of potential as a multiplayer community feature, but unfortunately that's not encouraged by their actual mechanics. In practice they're more an ephemeral solo activity that (as you described) gets progressively grindier until effectively impossible.
    Marbo417Hydensikh
    edited December 2020
    @Bemxuu Comparison sheet is done.   :)
    edited December 2020
    I made that second  sheet to show the comparison with the current drop setup and what I am suggesting.  The result will be that it's going to be a "little harder" to start a building.... but let's be honest, having to drop 20 survivors in one day for level 1, it's nothing.  And up to 10, it would still be relatively easy to upgrade.  For level 10 to 30, it does not change much the difficulty of saving your buildings. It's when you get to level 30 and up that there is a "HUGE" difference.  I think there might be some adjustments necessary in the number of drops needed to ensure there is a constant progression in the drops/day numbers.  

P.S.:   I still have some holes so if you have the missing data, please post it here so I can update my sheet.

For level 1 to 4,  if you consider that it might be a little too hard for a starter player,  we could give 5 days each for upgrading.  I have no problem with that.  it would give this:

level 1    20 drops      5 days        4 drops/day
    level 2    30 drops      5 days        6 drops/day
    level 3    40 drops      5 days        8 drops/day
    level 4    50 drops      5 days      10 drops/day
  • RedsWorldRedsWorld Member Posts: 107
    edited March 7
    @Marbo417  If we could get a simple change, like when a safe house hits level 20 you have 20 days to level up,  when it hits level 30, it goes up to 30 days, level 40 to 40 days and for your crazy level 50 you get 50 days and so on...  that way you still have to really work thru the 31 to 39, but the reward is worth it to hit 40. And when the survivor level Caps off the days to level up does as well.  I hope you get what I mean...