What did I just “opt in” to?

PlayerOnePlayerOne Member Posts: 22
When I opened my game just now there was a new screen with a message that said something like “Help us with the game” and there was a blue button that said “Opt In Now” to push. I couldn’t get past it to play the game so I clicked on the blue button and then the game opened normally. Now I would like to know: what exactly did I opt in to?

Comments

• GymSnatcherGymSnatcher Member Posts: 11
    Only appears to be on iPhone can only assume it’s to get round Apples new iOS 14.5 privacy 
    PlayerOne
  • PlayerOnePlayerOne Member Posts: 22
    Only appears to be on iPhone can only assume it’s to get round Apples new iOS 14.5 privacy 
    Oh I see. Thanks so much for that info. You were more helpful than anyone at NG 🙂
  • RedsWorldRedsWorld Member Posts: 79
    I didn’t agree.  To follow me on what websites I go to.  No thanks
  • NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Community Manager, Staff Posts: 475
    Hello guys,

We have turned on an “Ask-to-track” popup (ATT) for all players on iOS 14 and higher.

With iOS 14 update, Apple is giving users the choice to block the IDFA identifier (Identifier for Advertisers) at the app level. What this means is that the iOS 14 update will require apps to ask users for permission to collect and share data.

Please feel free to check this post for more information about IDFA: https://tinuiti.com/blog/data-privacy/apple-ios-idfa-guide/

Stay well!