Ezekiel's Cane Old Speed vs New Speed Comparison

Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,612
edited September 2020 in General Discussions
Thanks to all who left a comment on forums and expressed their opinion on the recent Cane nerf. NG has looked through the feedback and figured the Cane wasn't as fast so they have boosted it on all levels. The level one boost is now 30% (was 10%) and every level raises the boost by another 10% (was 5%). Check out the table below for full breakdown comparison of the old speed vs the new speed. 

Official Card Resource: https://nxtg.ms/OWCardResource

The old speed maxes at 105% at lv 20 and you can get to 105% with the current boost at lv 10.

Discuss the new changes below!

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
ELIZABETHVALDEZ

Comments

• fumpifumpi Member Posts: 22
    It's nice to hear, that you have the ability for a compromise. As you may see, a lot of players are now a little bit happier. But as you can see in your own annoncement video, the speed is now not the same.

As I suggest in my last thread, 50% initial and 10% per stage seems to be a good compromise because you have 100% on level 6 which everyone should able to reach.

Best regards
    fumpi
    Tracy00Newr0ticmish00000
  • rotagillArotagillA Member Posts: 21
    I agree, not good enough.  I will not spend, and likely done at the end of the season.  I won’t quit on my team mid-season.
    DaniThorn
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,612
    edited September 2020
    @Miggz I disagree. You need to compare the speed with the old advertised speed. The old % on the table is the data released at the same time the Cane came out last Monday via Official Card Resource. There is a big boost to that. 

@fumpi I agree to disagree personally because NG is working on legendary card rebalance and I see it as a way to upgrade legendaries to higher level faster so until I see the change I think it’s fine for now. NG could have easily done this boost to match with the speed you will upgrade legs in future maybe. 

@stanbec I was the OP of that post and I requested it to be closed as per the last comment there because the point of that thread was to get NG to boost the Cane in a way and since they did I figured it has run it’s course  :) I apologize if that discussion should have stayed open

Probably making a video!

• Newr0ticNewr0tic Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020
    Is there something wrong with the base speed? I know, it can feel very differently as we were speeding before the nerf, but i don't think, that i'm moving with 48 km/h at level 4.

Edit: Tested it. Exactly 48 km/h it is, as it should be.
  • fumpifumpi Member Posts: 22
    @Pain Walker where do you get this info from? A way to level Legendary cards faster is a great to hear! 
  • Slayer1Slayer1 Member Posts: 3
    How about we don’t purchase anything else until the devs adjust the speed correctly? I’m at level 4 and it feels like I’m going to same speed I was going with out the perk. If they lose sales they’ll listen to us. 
    DaniThorn
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,612
    fumpi said:
    @Pain Walker where do you get this info from? A way to level Legendary cards faster is a great to hear! 
    I didn’t say anything special. NG has said multiple times they are working on rebalancing of leg cards 

Probably making a video!

• MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2020
    @painwalker My numbers are spot on (I even double checked them this morning).  When you're looking at the breakdown, the distances are how far you would travel in a 5 minute period.  The first number is the first "big nerf" distance based off the speed listed in your chart (or back to the original intended speed), the 2nd distance is the distance you would travel based off the "my bad fam" buff they did.  The original distance and nerf % comes DIRECTLY from Filipe where he told us, pre-nerf, how was the bike was going at lvl 1.

My #'s are correctly applied, its still a way shitty nerf, and I still encourage everyone to not spend another dime on this game till it is reverted.

Once you've opened pandora's box, you can't put everything back just because you don't like what came out......
    DaniThorn
  • DaniThornDaniThorn Member Posts: 2
    What @Miggz said ☝
    It was amazing for like twenty minutes, then it was nerfed and I upgraded it four times and it still feels barely faster than it was 🙄
  • BostonLvrBostonLvr Member Posts: 6
    I realize this isn't going to be a popular post but what about a compromise? Create a perk called Turbo (or something similar) that turbo charges the speed of the compass travel coupled with the cane?
     This could give the option of the faster speeds to those that want it (yes, it would have to be a consumable) and not effect the speed of the cane itself for those that prefer a more conservative speed.

It's been shown that faster speeds are possible.
    Our World why can't I quit you?
    Paying since launch, lvl 30
    BostonLvr