Regarding Player Power Level

MixiMixi Member Posts: 10
If I calculate my PPL to 16.55
will the levels I see be 11 to 18 or 12 to 19?

What I mean is, will 16.55 be rounded up to 17 ? Or stay at 16?

Comments

• MaeLDuiNMaeLDuiN Member Posts: 39
    It is "rounded up".
  • MixiMixi Member Posts: 10
    hmmm
    If I insert my numbers in the "PPL Calculator new 2020" on google drive it don't round up??
    my current stats: weapon: 315,280,280,280,280 hero: 210,187,187,187,187 this give me PPL = 23.35 (with player level 29) that give level spawn 16-25
    if I upgrade 1 of my heroes to 210 that bring me to PPL=23.64 (with player level 29) but still shows level spawn 16-25
    so is there an error on the "PPL Calculator new 2020" documents, or ???
    Also I don't understand why my player level changes the spawn level? with a PPL at 23.35 my spawn levels should be 17-25
    /Mixi
    NG_Filipe
    Do you have time to answer this?
  • NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Community Manager, Staff Posts: 551
    Hi! 

As specked PPL uses normal rounding rules. Floating point math can get interesting in complex systems, but I haven't noticed behavior in the game that would indicate otherwise.

I can't guarantee the result will hold for every edge case instance because the numbers get crunched through both the power level and the mission difficulty formulas on the way to the map, but they do seem to check out on my game.

Hope this helps!
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 529
    edited November 2020
    @Mixi... We did make a small correction to the downloadable PPL calculator found in the OW Community Resources.  https://nxtg.ms/OWCommunityFolder  You should get more accurate results with the most current version of the sheet. 

We have double checked the sheet and the formulas used for calculations to ensure that they are the most accurate that we can get them.  As Filipe mentioned there is no way to catch every edge case instance because the numbers get crunched through both the power level and the mission difficulty formulas on the way to the map. 

Mixi
    Thx 
    now it make sense 
    with weapons at 315,280,280,280,280 and heroes at 210,187,187,187,187 = PPL 23.35 gives level spawn 17-25 

With weapons at 315,280,280,280,280 and heroes at 210,210,187,187,187 = PPL 23.64 gives level spawns 18-25

/Mixi
  • yetanotherusernameyetanotherusername Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2020
  • BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    I noticed there's something edgy with rounding though. It looked like .45 and higher were rounded up, whereas one would expect .45-.49 range to be rounded down.
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
  • fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
    I also talked to Filipe today cause we have also an edge case in our clan.

PL 23,1 should give you a min easy from 17, but our "edge case" sees 16 as well.
  • BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    Oh, yeah, that happens too, but quite rare, right? Like one in a hundred rare.
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
    Well it look likes i know all those 100 people. 
    Other example, same team:

hereos: 239 / 231 / 231 / 231 / 231
    weapons: 303 / 263 / 263 / 263 / 260

PPL: 24,6625
    should see 18, sees 17

My own ppl is 25,05, so I should see 19, but sees 18 as well..

so the calculation is mainly wrong and an accurate calculation of the PPL is with the given information not possible. 
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 529
    @fumpi
    numbers get crunched through both the power level and the mission difficulty formulas on the way to the map,

The issue here is  while the PPL system calculates the mission range  as ________ there is no way to know how that gets altered in the mission system. 
    Bemxuu
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,355
    @fumpi use the PPL system calculation as a guide not an absolute for now as it was recently changed but if you do see issues, please contact in game support and they should be able to look at your account.
    Sorry for making trouble, but then you should write this into the calculation post clearly. I mean a lot of ppl, not only in my team, use this formula which you gave us to calculate their min level. Don't understand me wrong: some of them are happy to still see lower missions than calculated, but they are still wondering.

Maybe I contact the support, but will i get an individual answer instead of some automatic phrases?

Don't understand me wrong: I like the change, really!
    Wolfe
    I have the same problem, and a lot in my group have the same problem
    So I don't think its a rare problem