Gamecenter Authenticating to Wrong account

MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 72
edited November 2020 in Game Issues
Is there an issue with Game Center authentication?  I recently had to get a new phone and when I turned it back on this afternoon after updating the account that it authentitcated to is NOT mine.  I realized this quickly and logged out before using any resources or compromising this other person's account, but I am concerned that I am not going to be able to log into my account all weekend....dose anyone know of a fix or workaround for this? (just fyi, in iPhone 11 pro max and everything is up date (no outstanding updates for games or phones OS).

Thank you for your help!
Miggz

ComicKitsch

Comments

• NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Community Manager, Staff Posts: 541
    Hello @Miggz . Please send a message to our Player Support so that we can investigate this with you.
  • ronaldjames517ronaldjames517 Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2020
    I have same issue when i log in to my Game Center i have different people accounts, people are playing on mine account somehow
  • YakoBayYakoBay Member Posts: 8
    I have had the same problem for more than one week now.
    And with support using hours and days to respond to chat messages its very frustrating for me and my group.
    The other user is leaving my group, changing playername and avatar and joining his group.
    Then when i come back i have to reverse it and wait for cooldown again.
    Have send all screenshots in support chats and even dokumenting all my purchases the last year (dont know why that was necessary - only showing that I use to much on the game).
    Have been investing a lot of time into the game and my group and now it seem wasted.

Hi @YakoBay. I understand your frustration, but unfortunately, we have multiple players with this issue so it takes us some time to go case by case. We will help you as soon as we can! Sorry!
  • MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 72
    just curious.  After what time will it typically be the next day before hearing from someone (because of end of the work day).  Being in the US, our time doesn't line up well with customer service so it seems like we're basically getting once correspondence per day.  Just wondering cause I feel like I'm really close to having this situation rectified but I would really like to get it done sooner than later (and would prefer to not have to do it in the middle of the night, but I will if that is what is needed).  Thanks for the feedback @NG_Filipe
    I have been paying out monthly and more to enjoy this game. Ending up spending a lot more on this than a fresh high quality PS4 game cost. And then have to wait 24-35 hours for next response from support? I got the first response from support on november 5. and the issue is STILL not sorted?? WTF
  • Fah_QFah_Q Member Posts: 30
    This is happening to multiple people using iOS. Accounts are being hacked into, people have had their coins spent, etc. I have a teammate who was hacked and didn't get his EOS and had his coins spent. Changing your password and setting up two-factor authentication might help. Or you can try this, which someone suggested as a fix...

settings - iCloud - turned off game centre - turned my device on and off - went back in and toggled game centre back on - back to settings - Game centre and signed back in.
  • Fah_QFah_Q Member Posts: 30
    NG_Filipe said:
    Hi @YakoBay. I understand your frustration, but unfortunately, we have multiple players with this issue so it takes us some time to go case by case. We will help you as soon as we can! Sorry!
    @NG_Filipe I sent you a dm with some information about a teammate of mine. 
    edited November 2020
    Hey @Fah_Q im ronaldj im having the same problem too
    edited November 2020
    @Fah_Q People are using my Game Center i had 1500 gold gone down to 1310 gold mini season tokens gone and some of my flares and safe houses. @NG_Filipe
    Fah_Q
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 516
    @ronaldjames517 this issue can only be handled through in game support. If you have not already reached out to support in the game please do so. 
    DirtyBridgetronaldjames517
    edited November 2020
    just curious.  After what time will it typically be the next day before hearing from someone (because of end of the work day).  Being in the US, our time doesn't line up well with customer service so it seems like we're basically getting once correspondence per day.  Just wondering cause I feel like I'm really close to having this situation rectified but I would really like to get it done sooner than later (and would prefer to not have to do it in the middle of the night, but I will if that is what is needed).  Thanks for the feedback @NG_Filipe
    I believe your case is being handled early morning, please create a new account as Kyle requested so that they can move with the rest of the process. Unfortunately, I can't share more as this needs to be handled via Player Support and your case is unique.
    Fah_Q said:

settings - iCloud - turned off game centre - turned my device on and off - went back in and toggled game centre back on - back to settings - Game centre and signed back in.
    Hello @Fah_Q  

Please note that these quoted steps do not work for everyone, until now, we only had 2 cases that it worked, but thank you for sharing it.Miggz said:

This issue being reported please contact us through Player Support, we can only help you through there and please be patient as we have other similar cases being handled.

Stay safe!
  • DratDrat Member Posts: 4
    Same problem here. I found myself over night into a foreign group with changed avatar and spended coins and gold. Right now somone else is using my account at the same time. Both of us had already contacted the support with no answer yet!
    Last message from support was monday 8:29 AM and I have returned all requested information without any response back yet.
    What else than complain here can we do?
    Hello @Drat and @YakoBay. Please be patient, we will help you as soon as possible, unfortunately, as you can see, you are not the only ones affected, so it will take some time, but we will help you out.
    Who ever is using my account please stop using it 
    edited November 2020
    NG_Filipe said:
    Hello @Drat and @YakoBay. Please be patient, we will help you as soon as possible, unfortunately, as you can see, you are not the only ones affected, so it will take some time, but we will help you out.
    Hello everyone,
    the support has contacted me with a solution whose success seems doubtful to me. Therefore my new request. 
    After I collected and posted all my purchase receipts, I was disconnected from my account and should report back to the supprot with a new account and a ticket number. The new account starts as usual with a tutorial, which you have to finish before you have access to your new profile and support. While I was waiting for feedback from the new account, I was searching for my group and found my old account. 
    This means that while I was waiting in a new account, the second person could still use my old account to its full extent: my heroes, my perks, my level status, my coins and my gold.
    Unfortunately, when I finally restarted the new account/game, I missed the short display with a message from support. But I was presented with two profiles to choose from. Stupidly, I logged into the wrong profile and was only in the new profile again and after restarting the game I was back in my original account.
    Means: I share MY account in MY group with a second person at the same time. Again.
    My questions at this point: If I get disconnected from my account again, log into the game with a new profile and then the assignment of my original profile works, what happens to the second person who is still in my group using my account? Will this person then be automatically kicked out of the profile and group? Or will this person keep the parameters of my original profile and stay in my group and only have to change his name and avatar?
    Some clarifying words would be helpful, thanks.
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 516
    @Drat this is best directed to in game support as this is unique to your individual situation and case.  What applies to someone else's account even in a similar situation might be vary different from yours. 
    Dahlia said:
    @Drat this is best directed to in game support as this is unique to your individual situation and case.  What applies to someone else's account even in a similar situation might be vary different from yours. 
    Thanks for the quick response. It is only important to me that I can continue with my original account in my own group...
    My game was restored today and all seemed fine. BUT now i get "Another Connection Detected" Status code: GaaS 8
    And no access to the game.
    Is my account still hijacked??
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3
    @YakoBay
    Yes. Nothing will fix it until NG does something to get rid of the issue. It's happening to me over and over. Just take lots of pics of your stuff and send it to support.
    Yes indeed. This is very familiar to me. The status code: GaaS 8 is indicating that another person is using your account at the same time...
    How can we trust this game again?
    Will hold my purchases until i get compensation for my losses and time lost.
    Have lost season end bonus and also tokens that could be claimed.
    Also daily tasks have been done/claimed before i could.
    Dont know what else have gone.
    I will ride my bike the days i have left but will not buy a new period until they can guaranty its solved.
    @NG_Filipe ... so much for being patient. Now I just got thrown out of my saved game and had to start from the beginning. And someone else is playing my saved game where i have been purchasing several times since the beginning of the game. No message from support have been given now when disconnecting me. Next will be that i am removed from this board to? I have supplied documentation of my purchases in 2020 and can give more prove if needed. Also my group can show screenshots of my profile. Many of us have been playing together for a long long time now. Is this a way to treat paying customers?