Winter Holidays? 🤔

Fah_QFah_Q Member Posts: 25
edited December 2020 in General Discussions
So....this might seem silly. But I had a discussion with a teammate about the use of "winter holidays season" in the new update info.
For context...she lives in Australia...which is in the southern hemisphere. These winter holidays would actually be summer holidays for half of the planet 😂🤣
We're just going to ignore the entire bottom half of the earth!? 😱🤨🌏

MadWhippetАнунах

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,051
    @Fah_Q I'm pretty certain that it's winter in Finland.

• MadWhippetMadWhippet Member Posts: 3
    Definitely summer here as my younger whippet only swims when the temperature is over 30c!  But the real point of the discussion is that it isn’t winter in the Southern Hemisphere which, believe it or not, is half of our world aka our earth. If the Southern Hemisphere continues to be left out of Our World’s seasons then maybe the game needs a name change 😉
    Fah_Q
  • MadWhippetMadWhippet Member Posts: 3
    PS F it’s debatable as to the Southern Hemisphere being the bottom half of our world 
    Fah_Q
  • Fah_QFah_Q Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2020
    PS F it’s debatable as to the Southern Hemisphere being the bottom half of our world 
    So you're telling me that the southern hemisphere is the TOP half of the world!? 😱😂
    zbot said:
    @Fah_Q I'm pretty certain that it's winter in Finland.

Well technically, winter doesn't start in the northern hemisphere until December 21st. But we are talking about the fact that the seasons are the opposite below the equator lol. 
    I can't debate facts. You have the biggest brain in all of Australia, possibly even the entire southern hemisphere 😁😘