NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Community Manager, Staff Posts: 574
edited December 2020 in General Discussions
Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Survivor Masters Series" in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the tournament, as well as the final opinion after participating in it.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it do not help us to understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into.

The FAQ of the Survivor Masters Series can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Discussions section or the Bug Reports section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!
Ayla_Blu_PirateQueengrimorisLeeO

Comments

• MaeLDuiNMaeLDuiN Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2020
    Agreed with Trumpf, except that it needs to have capped weapon power as well.

Someone with 400+ power Epic guns is going to automatically be "better walker slayer" than someone with 300 or say 200 power guns. There's no skill involved if you can simply close your eyes, tap screen, and everything dies, for a couple of minutes. Or you throw 300 grenades and call it a day.

I got 3 times more score than the 3 people below me, playing 1st stage only. And that doesn't even reflect my skill one bit - it only reflects the power of my Shotgun, quite literally.

Just random ideas to make it fair for every player:

Grenades capped, and doesn't use grenades from your own inventory. Say 5 grenades, or 10, whatever, as long as you cant throw 100 grenades and ensure a billion score.
    Groups based on Levels. Power Level, Heroes total power, Weapons total power, anything. It goes without saying that there is literally no chance in hell for anyone competing against "about" same level players they are, which makes it not competitive. Someone automatically gets higher score than someone else because he has bigger guns - nothing competitive about that. I want Trumpf at the same Group, JZom, and others who got about the same power of guns and heroes as me. Not guys 20 levels below me, or guys with maxed epic guns.
    If making Groups based on level/power/etc., isn't possible, then cap all guns at some power. Something that makes it fair for lower level players to actually show their skill - not the power of their guns.
    Make hero choices matter, make them score for you. Now I just pick up the tankiest guy (who doesn't kill all the walkers is a bonus) and get the best possible score - that's not very innovative.
    YoboMixiRellik_DaedGladiator
  • TrumpfsoloTrumpfsolo Member Posts: 3
    MaeLDuiN said:
    Agreed with Trumpf, except that it needs to have capped weapon power as well.

Someone with 400+ power Epic guns is going to automatically be "better walker slayer" than someone with 300 or say 200 power guns. There's no skill involved if you can simply close your eyes, tap screen, and everything dies, for a couple of minutes. Or you throw 300 grenades and call it a day.

I got 3 times more score than the 3 people below me, playing 1st stage only. And that doesn't even reflect my skill one bit - it only reflects the power of my Shotgun, quite literally.

Just random ideas to make it fair for every player:

Grenades capped, and doesn't use grenades from your own inventory. Say 5 grenades, or 10, whatever, as long as you cant throw 100 grenades and ensure a billion score.
    Groups based on Levels. Power Level, Heroes total power, Weapons total power, anything. It goes without saying that there is literally no chance in hell for anyone competing against "about" same level players they are, which makes it not competitive. Someone automatically gets higher score than someone else because he has bigger guns - nothing competitive about that. I want Trumpf at the same Group, JZom, and others who got about the same power of guns and heroes as me. Not guys 20 levels below me, or guys with maxed epic guns.
    If making Groups based on level/power/etc., isn't possible, then cap all guns at some power. Something that makes it fair for lower level players to actually show their skill - not the power of their guns.
    Make hero choices matter, make them score for you. Now I just pick up the tankiest guy (who doesn't kill all the walkers is a bonus) and get the best possible score - that's not very innovative.
    Ranking with weapon & hero power will be achieved as the top players will improve their rank each second day.
    In each game where you have some kind of competition in terms of PvP it needs some time to establish a ranking where you are facing opponents with comparable strength.
    Furthermore there are great rewards that will be handed out based on your performance. This will help players, that have strong epic and rare cards (this will make them climb to high ranks) to improve their legendaries. This is perfectly fine.
    What should not happen, is that some player purchases 500 grenades and bombs his way to victory. This is not based on any skill or any hard earned card rewards from regular gameplay.
    Marbo417Höckelebömmele
  • АнунахАнунах Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2020
    Grenades can be capped at your Abe's weapon crate card limit. This will encourage you to upgrade that card (I know some folks keep it low, since there's no big difference, but upgrade cost is big enough). Also if the cap is per whole ticket - it will add some strategy - on which stage and how many grenades to spend. 

fumpiMarbo417
    Also regarding the grenades in general. Not sure one can use 300 grenades per battle. For me on baits it is very hard to spend all 29 (my Abe's crate is maxed at 29 grenades). I usually got killed earlier with some 15-25 spent. Or maybe my skill is just not good enough haha. 
    Ayla_Blu_PirateQueenvicsark
  • fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
    I like this feature and I really don't know if there should be a cap for granades or not. As this feature counts to the board, granades are very helpful, but on the other hand if you only look at your personal score and not your group, there should be a cap.

Because of this dilemma i like the idea of @Анунах to cap the nades to your abes weapon crate. This is fair for those, who are playing for the board and also fair to the players who play for their own.
  • Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 91
    edited December 2020
    Discussing with my teamates, the question that comes out the most is how your rivals are determined?  Is it by region?  or it's just random?

Grenade caping is essential I think in this kind of tournament.  I don't want someone who is too loose on his purse to just wins his place by buying tons of them.  

People are a little confused at start with the opening screen.  I don't know in english because my game is in french... but instead of being written  "etape 1" "etape 2"  "etape 3"......  it should be written "equipe 1"....3.   Or "selection 1" ... maybe  . It should be clear that this is where your choose your 3 teams for each wave of the upcoming fight.  

Because this gives the impression that you have to fight through step 1 and 2 and 3  before pushing on the green "start" button.... I don't know if I am being clear...  probably not!  lol
    Rellik_DaedLeeO
    @Marbo417 it's actually not like that. you don't have 3 teams. After the 1st stage you get into the random group and you are in the same group until the round ends (round is 2 days). For the next round you will have another group. 
  • I think by "teams"  Marbo meant their hero/weapon combo.  Анунах said:
    @Marbo417 it's actually not like that. you don't have 3 teams. After the 1st stage you get into the random group and you are in the same group until the round ends (round is 2 days). For the next round you will have another group. 

Marbo417
  • IsgrimIsgrim Member Posts: 1
    Remove all grenades. Otherwise a fun idea.
    Marbo417CarnagexxmollyxxGladiator
    edited December 2020
    In my board,  I was first all day with a score of 6,9M.  Everyone after that was in between  2M and 5M.... and suddenly someone same level as me, came and did 22M!!!!!!!!!!!   If it's going to be like that it won't be fun. 
  • trabant72trabant72 Member Posts: 1
    What about selection of heros/ weapons vs. score multiplier? I got better result with best hero/weapon and multiplier 1.75 than multiplier 2.75 and required type of hero/weapon? What was your experience?
    Jessisthebest8297
  • DirtyBridgetDirtyBridget Member Posts: 14
    I have heard all good things from my teammates! Everyone is happy how no major glitches or server lags. So I say good job NG! I think we all complain when things are bad. Just want to put some positive here. Also loved the last two events!! Well done well done
    Ayla_Blu_PirateQueenvicsark
  • LeanniejoLeanniejo Member Posts: 18
    Regarding grenades being capped:
    1. It is possible to collect grenades over cap or Abe’s crate limit ftp by bag flips, weekly challenge, ads etc.
    2. A player with higher weapons/people will need less grenades than a player with lower ones. 

Knowing those 2 things a cap won’t help much. You buy grenades or you don’t 🤷‍♀️
    CarnageAyla_Blu_PirateQueenJZombieSlayr
  • CarnageCarnage Member Posts: 21
    @Leanniejo I absolutely agree, capping grenades is simply restricting the game, this game wether people like it or not is a game of choice, you are not obligated to buy but doing so will greatly improve your advantage in the game, but that’s the same for any game wether on mobile or console etc... NG has no obligations to make it “easier” for non payers it only has to make the game options the same for every participant which it does, I don’t spend a lot so I don’t therefore expect to achieve a lot at a quick pace but that’s my choice not NGs failing! As long as stuff works then I won’t complain and this concept, idea and early implementation works so I say great job, I would like the option of searching players to compete against or create your own team to compete against rather than random generation 
    LeanniejoAyla_Blu_PirateQueenJZombieSlayrNecro
    edited December 2020
    @JZom
    As with everything though, the more money spent in game gives the highest advantage, an advantage that can not be overcome by non spenders. This would be another violation of “fair play”. There is nothing fair about a game that advertises its product as free, but markets the gameplay and advantages to the Over-Spenders. Be better NG 
    NG can’t take responsibility for the amount of money people are willing to invest in their own personal game?
    the game has 2 basic constructs - F2P or P2P the only responsibility NG has in terms of fair play is to ensure the game has exactly the same “options” for all users, if you choose not to use those options it does not prevent you from participating or playing the game the same way as someone who does, it simply reduces your chances of obtaining higher levels or scores but that’s the same in any game that any developers create? Fortnite is only half decent if you invest but it’s still the same game if you don’t!!! Stop criticising basic development and criticise something constructive, every post has to be a direct swipe at NG and it’s simply uncalled for.

• oh and before I get backlash I’ve been developing apps and successfully published them on iOS and google play for years •
    LeanniejoAyla_Blu_PirateQueen
  • MaxxxxxxMaxxxxxx Member Posts: 1
    Sorry for the bad English, I use a translator.

I think that the opponents should be of the same level. Otherwise, the whole meaning of the game is lost. A level 10 player will never beat a level 30 player.
    Above, it was proposed to limit the power of weapons and heroes. This cannot be done! If a player tried hard and spent a lot of time on the game, invested money, he cannot be equated with those who played little or poorly.
    For example, if I am level 20 with a power of, for example, 300, I will be thrown to level 25. But not all my weapons have been pumped as at level 25, respectively, he will win.

You need to collect a team of opponents of the same level, as in other games.

PlayerOneYobo
    @Carnage What you say is totally true. I can't contradicted anything you said.  And I realy like this new feature also.  The only problem I see and that's why I am in favor of grenade caping, it's the way that this new feature was advertised and presented to us.   " A true test of skill" "A chance to measure your skills against the best players in the world"  etc , etc....  I know that this whole game is a based on a  "Pay to win"  concept.  And I have no problem with that.  I do spend a lot of money myself.  But for once,  a lot of players were expecting to have at least one feature in the game that would be a "real"  competition not based on the amount of money you put in.   That's why many are suggesting to cap the grenades at your Abe's cards level.   But I do understand also that Next Game is not "The Salvation Army"  and they want to make money.  And yes,  this  grenades buying to get to the top is certainly going to bring them a lot of it especially in the last 2 rounds...lol 
    edited December 2020
    @Marbo417 I understand what you are saying with regards to the grenade situations but if a cap is placed on them then that is inhibiting the paying customers so it’s a catch 22, also as a community we have spent I don’t know how long demanding NG don’t put caps on things, now because it’s all unrestricted and no holds barred caps are being requested, we can’t have our cake and eat it and we must really be careful what we ask for, it’s ok saying we want caps but when implemented and everyone is capped I can guarantee everyone will hate the fact it’s capped, I’m capped at 20 nades but I can get more in other ways as outlined by @Leanniejo everyone has the exact same option in which to improve their own grenade counts without spending, I do get why people are saying it but I absolutely 100% disagree with it, caps kill the fun! 
    Marbo417
    @AK_Slayer
    absolutely spot on! I agree with what you have written word for word. 
    Ayla_Blu_PirateQueen
  • PogMoThoinPogMoThoin Member Posts: 5
    Points aren’t always coming across. Is the going to be a fix for this? Also after every round the app crashes
    TheJakinator
  • TheJakinatorTheJakinator Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2020
    Points aren’t always coming across. Is the going to be a fix for this? Also after every round the app crashes

Twice I’ve had my points not added. Not very motivating to keep playing....
    PogMoThoin
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,382
    @PogMoThoin @TheJakinator

Your leaderboard score will be the highest attempt score of all played attempts in a round. 

TheJakinator
  • taintnuttintaintnuttin Member Posts: 5
    zbot said:
    @PogMoThoin @TheJakinator

Your leaderboard score will be the highest attempt score of all played attempts in a round. 

That's what I thought too, but it is only counting the first attempt. I've done 3 attempts this round and the last 2 should have put me in 6th place but I still remain at 12th from my first attempt.
    TheJakinator
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 538
    edited December 2020
    @taintnuttin @PogMoThoin @TheJakinator

For 1 ticket you get 1 attempt. An attempt consists of 3 stages. 

The sum of all 3 stages are added together to give you a score which determines your place on the leader board.

Each attempt  counts as an individual score  they are not added together.  If you play your first attempt as 1,500,000 that is what determines your Leaderboard spot.  If you spend another ticket to play a second 3 stage attempt the score of that attempt stands alone. If that second attempt score is higher then your first attempt then you will have that new score determine your Leaderboard position. If it is lower then your first attempt then your first attempt score remains the determining score for your Leaderboard spot.

Your player grouping for leaderboard and the Leaderboard rest after each round so you will end up with a different group of players and a fresh Leaderboard spot.

If this is not happening on future attempts screen shot the 3 stage screen that gives you your total attempt score along with your Leaderboard spot before and after playing an attempt and reach out to in game support for assistance. 

I hope that answers your concerns, if not please feel free to reach out to me in DM  and I will try to answer additional questions

TheJakinator
    @Marbo417
    it takes a noble man/women to admit when they are wrong, I applaud you for going public with your findings too 👏🏼 Thank you for your feedback as it may help dissolve the dispute too.

Marbo417YoboAyla_Blu_PirateQueenNG_FilipeJZombieSlayr