Mini Winter Season - No Wildcards Until Tier 4

Last time there was a mini season you got 1 wildcard for the first tier and was it 4 wildcards for reaching the second tier? That was nice. Now with this mini Winter Season you don’t get any wildcards until you reach the fourth tier. Very disappointing and a cheap penny pinching move by the game.  :/

Comments

• DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 354
    @PlayerOne this is not considered a Mini Season...  So the way the Winter Season is designed and the game features involved are different from Mini Seasons. 

Hopefully mini seasons will be included again between  full seasons in 2021
  • PlayerOnePlayerOne Member Posts: 20
    Being that it’s only 2 rounds it’s not a full season either. It’s still pretty cheap of NG either way.
    sixfive
    @Dahlia I mean...you say it’s not a mini season but that’s what the game is calling it 🤔 

sixfive
     :D It's clear someone took their Holiday a bit early.  

Yes it is a shorter season then a full regular season. No it is not a mini season which is 1 week long and has a certain focus and specific features.  Which are different then this Winter Season. 
    sixfive
    😑😑😑
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,601
    Technically any Season under the standard 6 week Season should be called Mini Season wether it’s 1,2,3,4 or 5 weeks  :p

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    PlayerOne
    edited December 2020
    I didn't name the season, nor decide what it would be referred to as. I am just clarifying as to why things are different than single week mini seasons. You can argue the name all you want but you can't argue that it has a different focus  and features compared to the mini season.  

edited December 2020
    They changed the name of the pass after I posted that screenshot here 🙄🙄🙄

YoboAsynja
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,601
    Dahlia said:
    I didn't name the season, nor decide what it would be referred to as. I am just clarifying as to why things are different than single week mini seasons. You can argue the name all you want but you can't argue that it has a different focus  and features compared to the mini season.  

Lol it’s a mixture of Mini Season Pistols and ARs with the addition of Snipers... 🤣 The Mystery Tier Packs are there too we just don’t have hidden tiers. 

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    PlayerOne
  • Fah_QFah_Q Member Posts: 25
    Dahlia said:

I agree...this winter season is 2 rounds, with 15 tiers. As opposed to one round with 5 tiers (plus mystery tier)

So the rewards are obviously going to be different. And the earlier tiers are much easier than a normal mini season, so in my mind it wouldn't make much sense to give wildcards on the first tier this time around. I've actually enjoyed this winter season!
    PlayerOne