Group Gifting Feedback Thread

Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,601
edited December 2020 in General Discussions
No just no with these prices. It doesn't matter that you get 10,000 Gold... you don't give it to 1 person. 

Imagine if I have 5 members in my Group lol do I need to spend 50 bucks to gift each one 400 gold  :disappointed:
Just a comparison in TWD No Man's land a Group gift is 400 Gold for the whole Group and you can also write a custom message. For Christmas now the Gifts are just 100 Gold so for 50 bucks I can gift the whopping 75 Gifts to every single members so that would be 1425 Gifts in total!

This comparison might not be the best one since I am comparing NML’s Random chance Group Gifts to OW’s guaranteed reward Group Gift.

I hope we can also see Packs with chance of drops so then they are cheaper since chance is cheaper than guaranteed from what I have seen.

Also I hope we can have the option to use Gold too since some of us buy gold deals with cards and have spare Gold. 

The prices will need to be looked at, the cheaper they are the more people will by them simply because it's giving to your friends and group mates. NG should look at how much is given per member not how much is given overall.

Share your feedback guys!

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
AK_SlayerAncientBobdbltapOWTWD1583Lucky_BruffSheva69

Comments

• AncientBobAncientBob Member Posts: 5
    I love the idea, and honestly I'd really like to buy one for my group. But the prices are insane. They're seemingly set as if you were buying 25x contents of each gift just for yourself... which implicitly assumes a) you're in a full 25-person group, b) none of your group members will miss the 48-hour window to claim a gift, and c) you consider any teammate receiving items you purchase just as valuable as receiving them yourself.
    In many cases a group gift could end up costing more than the combined list price of everything received from it.
    Anyway, even if we were to accept the reasoning behind the pricing scheme, why are the advertised "discounts" no better than offers that pop up regularly in the weekly rotation? Shouldn't team-oriented purchases be incentivized with better than usual price breaks?
    They could stand being discounted far, far deeper than any other offers - because since the purchaser only directly receives a sliver of the benefit, group deals wouldn't supplant regular shop items. At least not until the entire team is buying group deals. But I'd think that's the type of behavior devs would want to encourage. Are they afraid of making too much money or something?
    Pain WalkerdbltapOWTWD1583Sheva69
  • OWTWD1583OWTWD1583 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2020
    These prices are a joke. I initially loved the idea, until I saw the prices and rewards and just went: LOL.

I regularly spend money on the game and have a great group all in my local city. We're even planning a real life meet-up. But no way would I spend these kinds of amounts on such terrible gifts. Nobody else in my group has either.

If you could get something decent for $10 or so, I would definitely have spent the money. Instead I spent $0.
    Pain WalkerSheva69
  • centerpunchrcenterpunchr Member Posts: 23
    I think the keep on moving crate was a good value and I loved being able to pump the team with E when folks were getting capped. Gifting to team members I think is an awesome feature and I hope it stays around. It adds a new aspect to team play and strategy.
  • Lucky_BruffLucky_Bruff Member Posts: 19
    The Group Gifting has been wonderful!  It certainly promotes more play time within the Guild.  The prices could be better and the packages could be tweaked a bit.  But a good first try.
    Sheva69
  • Ayla_Blu_PirateQueenAyla_Blu_PirateQueen Member Posts: 12
    Personally - I LOVE being able to gift my team!   

While I do understand the reasoning behind the pricing (ie 400 gold x 25 people etc...)  I still feel under general public, especially since so many are still on lock down, going back on lock down, unemployed etc... the pricing does need to come down.  This would generate more buying most definitely I feel, and make those who's team is not a full 25 feel it more worth the purchase.   Tho in the latter it does make me want to ask why you don't have a full team (even tho I know there could be a plethora of reasons for that - so really a moot point IMO) 

I also like the idea of being able to pay for it with existing gold or coins!    

AND I like the idea of possibly further tweaking this thing to where maybe gifting to specific people is an option.  Even if this option is just for team leadership to utilize as a reward for top players, or to use as a reward for a team challenge etc...   So being able to gift the team OR an individual.  

As a whole, the community has been asking for the ability to do something like this for a VERY long time - I hope it becomes a permanent thing!!!!!   Im a two thumbs up to keeping this feature!
    Pain WalkerSheva69
  • Nightmare88Nightmare88 Member Posts: 1
    Great concept, i love being able to help and gift my team, Prices were a bit high, but if you've got a full team of 25 then it doesnt seem so bad. I did end up buying the $24.99 energy pack for my team because who doenst need energy lmao 
    centerpunchr
  • JariJari Member Posts: 2
    Great idea, but...

Sheva69
  • Cookie1977Cookie1977 Member Posts: 1
    Another money making scheme for NG we spend money all year at least we could have had a few freebies 
    Sheva69
  • Sheva69Sheva69 Member Posts: 20
    Too expensive. Wayyyyyyy too expensive!!!
  • moneymoneymoneymoney Member Posts: 1
    I believe it was a good start. Joined a different team as I have been lucky to reach 25 a few times before. Gifting to the whole team not only improves morale but keeps the team together. The price was crazy so I only gifted 2x. Sorry it was Xmas time and I’m no grinch 
  • SaramySaramy Member Posts: 4
    Crazy prices for a new team finding its feet. No no no
    Sheva69
  • LeanniejoLeanniejo Member Posts: 16
    I LOVED 😍 group gifting! Great job of bringing it out on trial during the holidays. My group really got into the giving spirit. The pack bought most and what was needed was the energy pack. It was a huge hit. Also one of the more affordable packs. 

IMO and I know I have said it before but here it goes again... prices are too expensive for items. I understand they may correlate with current prices of items but it's to expensive. Especially during a global pandemic. Bundles for $5, $10, $15, $20 would be more appropriate and bought by more players. More players buying means more players staying and playing. 

I would like to see a 5 or 10 flare gift bundle to gift. So many players rely on flares to play now especially in lockdowns. Most families have been affected not only not only by lockdown or just staying in but financially also. 

A grenade group pack and health kit one would be nice also. The mixed ones could be helpful but players typically need 1 or 2 specific items and not necessarily bundled things. 
    Again...just my thoughts 🙂
    MadWhippetPain WalkerSheva69
  • MadWhippetMadWhippet Member Posts: 3
    NG needs to recalibrate its currency conversion! For example the massive group support purchase is A$159.99 which converts to US$125.00. This compares most unfavourably to the price actually charged for US players (US$99.99). This point applies to any of the game shops at any time. All currency conversion coding should be reviewed, and adjusted where necessary, every 6 months or it’s simply highway robbery for all players outside the US.

The crates did not refresh from Saturday (Australia) until this morning - Thursday (Australia) limiting their availability to those of us who wished to purchase.

Any gifts unclaimed should have been redirected to the gifter, rather than disappear into a black hole, as they had been purchased and payment in full made.

The ability to send gifts to individual team members, rather than the team as a whole, would have been beneficial and recognised the different ways team members contribute.

There should have been a small daily gift available for minimum/no cost that would have allowed every player, regardless of their financial status, to have participated. NG should duplicate Niantic’s postcard mechanism.

All in all, the group gift shop is a brilliant idea, but one that suffered badly from exceptionally poor execution.

LeanniejoFah_QSheva69
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,601
    NG needs to recalibrate its currency conversion! For example the massive group support purchase is A$159.99 which converts to US$125.00. This compares most unfavourably to the price actually charged for US players (US$99.99). This point applies to any of the game shops at any time. All currency conversion coding should be reviewed, and adjusted where necessary, every 6 months or it’s simply highway robbery for all players outside the US.

The crates did not refresh from Saturday (Australia) until this morning - Thursday (Australia) limiting their availability to those of us who wished to purchase.

Any gifts unclaimed should have been redirected to the gifter, rather than disappear into a black hole, as they had been purchased and payment in full made.

The ability to send gifts to individual team members, rather than the team as a whole, would have been beneficial and recognised the different ways team members contribute.

There should have been a small daily gift available for minimum/no cost that would have allowed every player, regardless of their financial status, to have participated. NG should duplicate Niantic’s postcard mechanism.

All in all, the group gift shop is a brilliant idea, but one that suffered badly from exceptionally poor execution.

Regarding the price conversion that isn’t something NG does. They just choose the price Tiers and then Apple or Google handle the rest and the exchanges. The other points are good

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction