If you are new here, create your account below.
Regarding a grenade cap. The assumption that a huge score equals a huge amount of grenades is false. I know many players that can put up a score between 5-7+ million on a single bait round with only a handful (under 10) of grenades. Having a ton of grenades is not going to help much if ya don’t have the weapons to back it up. So I’m gonna be in the no grenade cap camp.
That tournament was a lot of fun. Me and my group enjoyed it, discussing lineups strategies, teasing each other
- competition format was good, 2 days for each round is enough. there’s a bit of randomness as some groups are harder than others obviously. but in the end, the 6 rounds divided the players in divisions related to their cards power and abilities imho (and for some, purchasing power lol, but as I’ll explain later, spending $ isn’t enough).
- you were able to play and compete with players and friends from other teams.
- it can be used as free bait for some board tiles.
- sending your own group rewards that you earned for them (agreed that the range of players being able to do that could be expanded a bit)
- rewards at the end are great for the highest ranked players but could be enhanced also on other tiers.
- Multipliers were quite hard depending on the rounds and added some balance. So did the zombies lineup, fats and slims being not optimal for the best bait weapons.
- Obviously your max baseline score is mostly related to the weapons power in your lineup, the higher, the better you may perform and reach a higher wave, and in the end a higher division.
- So I like that this encourages some reluctant players to finally upgrade their weapons, taking advantage of the floor/PPL changes. And saying everybody should start with the same cards power feels a bit weird in a card collecting game, as it is the point of the game to upgrade your cards. (Spoiler : pink is the way)
- The most strategic element is defining your lineup cards combos. Some are way better than others and Your baseline score can swing widely depending on the combos you are using.
- elephant in the room is that if you farm or buy extra grenades over the 29 limit, it gets you more points if you can throw them long enough, which ain’t a given.
I didn’t buy any until the last round tho. With only free nades I couldn’t have passed 27/28m last round imho, so I bit the bullet and bought one big grenade pack (for the first time ever lol) because I was having fun. This allowed me to get over 32m.
But to achieve a really high score and full potential on all those premises, it does requires skills in the end, just throwing nades randomly and tapping wherever won’t get you that high. Those doing great scoring in baits should have gotten the rythm more easily. Good timing and headshots is key and precise grenade throws are not that easy. And the strategy in choosing the lineup matters the most imho. So if you just dump nades on a bad combo, thx for paying for Ng salaries I guess
Consistency in getting a great score on all 3 rounds is also hard. so second elephant in the room, more tries obviously may help you achieve a better score. I only bought one ticket during the tourney, and just saved my tickets on the earlier rounds when I didn’t need to do a better score.
All in all a lot of fun thx
Hoping there will be another one !