Legendary Cards and level 31 players

So all my rares are 315. My Epics are 382+ (or can be upgraded there) but my highest legendary is 275. 

Based on my current speed of 1200 legendaries a season I can expect to 297 all my legendaries in 1.4 years. At that point they won’t even compete with my 315 rares and will be dwarfed by 416 epics. Or I won’t be able to upgrade anything. 
Are there plans to boost legendaries? Or maybe ramp up the number available to level 31 players?

adding 10 another 10 power per level may help.
or giving even more legendaries to 31 players as rewards for season shop. 
Maybe give 1000 wildcards to everyone in the top finishing group each season (900 for second place etc)

do you have any plans in the works?
YoboLeanniejoJZombieSlayrBostonLvrАнунахvicsark_Jo_

Comments

• LeanniejoLeanniejo Member Posts: 18
    What he said 👆
    JZombieSlayr
  • Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 91
    Mmmm..... Those are all good questions.  I am not at that point yet in my progression but almost all my grey and blue cards are maxed already.  They are by far my most powerfull cards right now.  My epics are starting to be decent and some of my legendary also.   I think that your concerns are valids.  More and more players are now in your situation I have heard  and NG will have to react that's for sure.  But how?  that is the question.  What you are proposing, giving 1000 legendary wild cards to the top finishing team each season,  might be a little too "elitisme" in my opinion. Those teams finishing at the top are already receiving more wild cards than the players finishing lower.  Honestly,  I would like to get legendary cards more often too.  I have started doing more and more whisperers encounters for this reason.  They give legendary cards on a regular basis.  I am wondering why people don't do them more actually.  In my team, I am almost always getting those whisperers tiles.   Shhhhh!  It's my secret.  lol
  • Fah_QFah_Q Member Posts: 30
    Marbo417 said:
    Mmmm..... Those are all good questions.  I am not at that point yet in my progression but almost all my grey and blue cards are maxed already.  They are by far my most powerfull cards right now.  My epics are starting to be decent and some of my legendary also.   I think that your concerns are valids.  More and more players are now in your situation I have heard  and NG will have to react that's for sure.  But how?  that is the question.  What you are proposing, giving 1000 legendary wild cards to the top finishing team each season,  might be a little too "elitisme" in my opinion. Those teams finishing at the top are already receiving more wild cards than the players finishing lower.  Honestly,  I would like to get legendary cards more often too.  I have started doing more and more whisperers encounters for this reason.  They give legendary cards on a regular basis.  I am wondering why people don't do them more actually.  In my team, I am almost always getting those whisperers tiles.   Shhhhh!  It's my secret.  lol
    Lucky....I very rarely see a legendary card from whisperers. And I do a ton of them lol. I just have crap luck in the game 🤷‍♀️

As far as the original discussion...I agree something needs to be done. I've heard talk about something being done, but never what or when. I haven't been playing as long as a lot of people. Only hit a year playing in Sept, I'm level 27 right now. I considered myself lucky for a long time, because I had been able to keep my legendary cards in line with the rest of my weapons. But my rare cards are now way ahead of legendary, and epics are getting up there too. So I'm starting to see that this will eventually become a problem for everyone. Unless I just don't upgrade ANYTHING at all, my legendary weapons will become...not so legendary.

Hopefully there is a plan in the works. Especially for the higher level players who currently have issues with this, and have for a while now. Legendary card pool is huge, and even getting 30 WC for EOS isn't making much of a dent when you need 400+ cards to upgrade again.
    Leanniejo
  • LeanniejoLeanniejo Member Posts: 18
    It's becoming a huge issue with upper level players. They need to advance or they will lose players big and small that see advancement does them no good.
  • CalaveraCalavera Member Posts: 99
    Leanniejo said:
    It's becoming a huge issue with upper level players. They need to advance or they will lose players big and small that see advancement does them no good.
    Yup. When I hit that wall If nothing has changed I’ll probably quit. And I’m purposefully going slower these days. 
    JZombieSlayr_Jo_
  • MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 82
    I remember back during the summer they said legendary encounters were coming soon, yet here we still wait.....Please pay attention to this post NG as this is becoming a huge issue.  In fact I would challenge you to make the weapon classes truly reflect what they are called.  As a longtime player I (and I’d be willing to bet many) feel this is what the cards should really be called

Grey - Meh...only use on the first 5 boards of the season when commons are needed
    Blue - Sometimes/Often most powerful available weapon group 
    Purple - Better power than blue cards but very average
    Yellow/Gold - Just slightly less worthless than grey because Negan’s SMG is in this group. Otherwise vastly underpowered and highly undesirable to use compared to previous 2 tiers.

I’ve argued for quite a while, there is virtually nothing “Legendary” about the yellow cards except when considering the amount of personal financial resources one must commit to making them viable.  Please address this or rename the cards or something!

_Jo_
  • BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    @Miggz , 'member PvP? xD

Regarding those, it's a known concern since before seasons. First steps are made already: I guess that's what PPL changes were about. I still encourage you to sound the alarm actively to make sure this issue is high on priority list though :)

So if you're reading this and have the same problem, please support the discussion on this thread :)
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
    NG_Filipesasbalas
  • MaeLDuiNMaeLDuiN Member Posts: 39
    edited February 10
    Bemxuu said:
    Regarding those, it's a known concern since before seasons. First steps are made already: I guess that's what PPL changes were about.
    PPL has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is, that I much rather use common (lol), rare or epic weapons than Legendary, regardless of my PPL. It should be quite the opposite, and that is how it is with every single other game I have ever played. Legendary is your default choice, unless something either prevent's its use, or you need a quest or some other form of mission done with something else. It makes absolutely no sense that there is a card with "legendary" status but it has half the power/damage than a rare or epic weapon has. Most of the Legendary weapons even have worse perks than epic OR some of the rare weapons, which shows exactly how many ducks NG is giving regarding the situation. And the perks are original ones from day 1, and nothing was done to them :flushed: . I mean, which gun would you prefer at same power with the current perks - Vulture or Condor? The answer is bloody obvious. What about Conqueror or Warrior? Again, there's no need for a poll, every single one would pick the one with better perks, Conqueror.

There are so many quick and easy solutions to the problem, while NG thinks about the final adjustments to the weapons for the next 2 years. We have now complained for.. 2 years (?) about how useless these Leg guns are, and we still haven't seen any changes done.

Give Leg guns a few more power per level, upgrade their perks to something more powerful, halve the amount of card required for leveling them. Three simple solutions, any one of them alone would make them at least slightly more comparable to rare or epic weapons, and at least a little better than common weapons.
    vicsarkАнунах
  • АнунахАнунах Member Posts: 39
    edited February 10
    Have the same issues. My epics next season will overcome my rares. And my commons are still better than my legendaries and this will remain the same for most cards for probably 2 more seasons. Commons 260, Rares 297-315, Epic 315-348, Legendaries 231-255. Changing PPL was good temporary solution to make legendaries a bit more playable, but I'm 1 upgrade away from raising my floor from 22 to 23, it's almost where it used to be before PPL adjustments. 

Agree with MaeLDuiN about easy steps he described - all those could (temporarily?) make legendaries playable. But there's one more fundamental issue. It's a card collection and upgrade game. If even top3 best players and spenders need 100-200 years to upgrade cards - something is definitely broken.   

In general I think we need 3 things:
    1. place to farm legendaries (like epic outposts/bases for epics now) 
    2. adjusted drop rates for high-level or/and high-PPL players from ALL sources
    3. adjusted amount of cards for high-level and/or high-PPL players  from ALL sources

Currently rewards are in 99% cases the same for everyone. They should be scaled either per each level or per each X levels. For example:
    legendary cards event reward is:
    players lvl1-10 as is
    players lvl11-20 should be x2+
    players lvl21-30 should be x5+
    players lvl31+ x10+ 

Took the numbers just as an example of progression, but it should be times, not some 10% or something. I'll take newly introduced epic heroes as an example - they are at 212 power, while top-players' epics are 300-400, so again - reward should be scaled or new cards are simply unplayable. I'm not saying that Ice or Nem should receive already maxed new cards, but when all your cards are maxed and you need to upgrade a new basically from 0 receiving coins in 95% of cases - is at least boring. Same for legendaries, upgrading them from 0 while other cards are already at 253 and it took 2 years to get them there - is depressing.

Board rewards should be also cumulatively better (e.g 2nd run on tier25 should double the reward, while rewards from boards should also be scaled to player level and should be at least 10x-100x from what they are now for high-level players). Final season reward is a joke with hundreds hours spent you are getting <5% of what you got during a season, it definitely should be equal to cumulative all boards rewards with some multiplier for the speed-run or place on the leaderboard (=thousands of cards not dozens). 

I think Legendaries, same as other cards should be upgradable within a few seasons (at least until they catch up other cards) and for current situation they should jump in +50-100 power very quickly for high-levels (we are talking about dozens (hundreds) of thousands of cards total) simply to make them playable like LEGENDARIES and not like "let's bait those 90k walkers and play board with normal weapon" (or wait! is it the reason? to sell more baits? haha).

Honestly saying only legendary encounters with 1 card drop per ±10 energy won't solve it. It will at best double the current upgrade speed, so it will take 10 years instead of 20 to catch up rares and 100 years instead of 200 to catch up epics. Mission still gonna be impossible. I think scalable rewards is the only long-term solution, but introducing (returning?) legendary missions would be cool of course. 
    vicsarkJZombieSlayr
  • vicsarkvicsark Member Posts: 32
    Leg raider bases (fixed level) and OPs (adjusted to PPL).
    make it 15 or 20 raiders each stage, but scalable leg rewards.
    JZombieSlayrАнунах_Jo_double_tapCalavera
    vicsark said:
    Leg raider bases (fixed level) and OPs (adjusted to PPL).
    make it 15 or 20 raiders each stage, but scalable leg rewards.
    Legendary Raiders is basically the best idea ever. 
    JZombieSlayr
  • _Jo__Jo_ Member Posts: 9
    Thank you Calavera, well said. Some kind of increased in game legendary payout is long overdue. Legendary raiders sound fun 😊
    vicsark
  • double_tapdouble_tap Member Posts: 56
    I've only been playing a year and already have multiple epic/blue cards that have overtaken my leg counterparts.  I was looking through my cards the other day and wishing that i could ditch half over half of my leg cards as it would not change my play and increase the chance of getting a useful card. If i can't clear shop *cough, supposedly silver lvl target practice*, I'll prioritize epic cards knowing that i can't enough leg cards to actually make a difference. 
    Another potential solution is the completely revamp the scale of weapon power. It is insanely steep where each level adds >50% to the damage.  If that were more like 5-10% it would matter as much that one weapon was much higher level than another 
    JZombieSlayr