Compensation

This latest hiccup is an inconvenience to say the least.  We are on 20.3, trying to get to Ultimate and are now down 7 players.  I think they can possibly still contribute to the board, but definitely can not contribute to any of the many levelized missions that are on this tier.
While those 7 are directly affected, the team as a whole is hit pretty hard as well.  7 is a lot for one team to lose on the final week of the season. 
I don't know what is planned for compensation.  I also do not remember the exact issue(probably server problems where no one could log in) in the past, but at one time NG lumped a bunch of events together, as they mentioned something in the game stops them from extending the season by a day.  I don't remember what all was lumped in, but I am pretty sure it was something like 1 minute energy, 15 minute rescue/encounters, and 30 minute infestations.  Maybe someone remembers better than I?
Either way, whatever you guys send out for compensation, I hope you guys think about added in some of, if not all the items above, and maybe more if it is beneficial to the players.  A lot of us spend real money on the game to get this far, and this is a fairly large inconvenience.

Thanks for listening
JZombieSlayrhardtofindnameBostonLvrSheva69

Comments

• hardtofindnamehardtofindname Member Posts: 5
    I'm hoping for at least some Community Comp even if problem is not Next Game's fault
    Sheva69
  • BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    @Carlseye oh, I remember that!

You remember it right that it's impossible to alter round time after it began, and I remember that "catch up" compensation event that was held. The difference is, it was indeed a log in issue that lasted two days (Friday and Saturday), and they ran that event for the remainder of the round to let players catch up on lost progress. Now, however, we have 3 days left and a mountain of tickets to go through. I don't think everyone will be back on track in time to make use of the event and make up for lost playtime. If there is a compensation, it cannot be in the form of that event.
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
  • joergzdarskyjoergzdarsky Member Posts: 2
    Why would it not be NGs fault?
    Sheva69
  • BemxuuBemxuu OW Moderator Posts: 52
    @joergzdarsky there are many systems that work together to make TWD:OW what it is now, not all of them are under NG's management. For instance, if you buy something in game using your phone, you are using a device manufactured by company A with software by company B (or a division of A) to run a transaction through company C's platform to make sure your bank D receives and processes the issue of funds towards the platform' which in turn forwards some of those proceedings towards NG. It's different when it comes to logging in, but I am sure there are multiple sides even in that process.
    "Bemxuu way is the only way" (c Filipe 2021)
    Sheva69
  • sasbalassasbalas Member Posts: 22
    Winslow event will be compensated? 
    Sheva69
  • Sheva69Sheva69 Member Posts: 20
    The only compensation I really care about is a percentage of the boards being nerfed. We were on for completing tier 25 for the first and probably last time. I have spent a small fortune helping us get to this point and to now contemplate that because of this, every single penny I spent was wasted!

If they do not nerf the boards ASAP, they will lose a lot of players. Some have already left the game and others are waiting patiently and hoping, with their finger hovering the delete button. Personally I will not play this game ever again if we do not finish tier 25, as planned!!!!! That is all I have to say.

Thank you.
    Sheva Beaver - RevelRRy 
    CaitlynGrace8thedoonerjohn_dempsey
  • RemorahRemorah Member Posts: 78
    edited February 15
    You personally see their fingers hovering over the delete button... interesting... as much as I have issues with NG and the game at times I do know for a fact they weren’t sitting there Sunday morning planning the incident that happened nor did they personally cause it...and being this serious of an issue I’m sure they not happy about it as well... one day down will not affect one tier being completed... so let’s see what the day brings 
    CaitlynGrace8Sheva69
  • HuskyAtakPakHuskyAtakPak Member Posts: 15
    Actually one day down WILL affect a tier being completed for many groups. Our group has ground to a complete halt due to this. We needed to compete board 2 yesterday so we had enough time to finish board 3 by the close of boards. We will not have that time now. Many of Our biggest achievers on the boards have been reset to level 1. They have no sniper rifle, no SMG, can’t do epics, don’t yet get spikes etc. Now they cant do anything on the boards. 

So, this mess has affected individual players AND groups. Entire groups will not complete tiers now due to this. So there needs to be individual compensation to individual players affected AND group compensation to all groups affected. As well as fixing people’s accounts back to where they were with the cards they had. 
    And the compensation needs to properly reflect the seriousness of this mess. A tiny amount of gold, 1 flare and a few coins IS NOT suitable compensation for how seriously this has affected people’s games and the aggravation this mess has caused. So, NG needs to dig really deep in their pockets for compensation this time and recognise them seriousness of this mess and the compensation that is needed to properly make up for it. 
    Responsibility does fall on them. I realise they didn’t plan or intend this mess. However, responsibility for fixing it and providing proper compensation is their duty. They have taken people’s real money for this game, so they stand accountable for proper compensation. 
    MadriusSheva69
    edited February 15
    One day doesn’t and you are complaining and threatening before even seeing what their response and the compensation is... so go get some coffee and save all this headache for when there is or isn’t something to officially be upset about 

also if you team has that many people missing key pieces to get the board done with it without the 7 or you are spending a ton of money to get the tiers done you just have the wrong people in your group or aren’t leading effectively and making the best decisions 
    HuskyAtakPak7d8Sheva69
    Plus... one of our group members bought a group valentines gift for the entire group around the time of this whole crash mess. That meant that many of us never got to claim that gift due to having our players wiped. THAT needs to be sorted too and that gift made available to our entire group again once things are fixed. That gift cost real money and was intended for the whole group, so if it’s disappeared and we can’t claim it, I’m going to be having some really pissed off words to say on this forum and in game reviews 
    Sheva69
  • CaitlynGrace8CaitlynGrace8 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry @Remorah but I strongly disagree with your statement that “one day down will not affect one tier being completed”... 

First of all, how do we know it’ll only be one day?

Secondly, my team is trying to finish the game and complete tier 25 for the first time ever. We have been working towards this for the whole season and everything we’ve done so far has been working towards this goal.  

We’ve spent so much money! Spent so much time and energy!

We have lost about a quarter of our team to this issue. All of them are high level players and a lot of the tier 25 tiles a level gated and now can’t help at all.

It is so frustrating that this has happened in the last week.
    Please make things right NG! If you can’t extend the season, nerf the numbers on the boards. Pretty please!!!!
    Madriusjohn_dempseySheva69
  • CarnageCarnage Member Posts: 21
    @Remorah your comment implies that I have insinuated that NG made this happen? No that’s not what I’ve said at all, but it is the 2nd time it’s happened? So where were the lessons learned??? Why is the communication still poor?? As for not affecting teams? I’m sorry?? How do you work that out? I have in my team alone 5 level 29/30 players all reset now to level 1/3 that’s 5 players who can longer contribute in anyway to to tier 18 that we are on, that’s 5 people whom yesterday were unable to visit the 11 flares that were active meaning the remaining 18 players had to carry on? That’s just 1 team in mid tier? Now count the teams tackling tiers higher with higher volumes of lost players??? Your comment is ridiculous 
    babixbluzSheva69
    It hasn’t been 48 hours yet so we will see when they get people back up and going to claim any group gifts as well as you can fill out a ticket for the purchase again you are going on speculation as to what could happen 
    HuskyAtakPakSheva69
    My non Whale team of 29/30 levels more than half affected completed 25 last week because it doesn’t take a full week unless on possibly maybe 25 to complete a tier 
    HuskyAtakPakSheva69
    edited February 15
    @Remorah

Dearest little Remorah. I will complain about this mess as much as I want and I don’t need your ignorant message telling me to go sit down and drink coffee. And there is already something to be upset about and I will say whatever I want to about this mess and I don’t need your permission to say it. Your ignorance about whether groups will finish group boards due to this complete mess is a ridiculously stupid comment. And I will kick up as much fuss as I want to about what compensation I expect out of this mess. Real money had been spent and suitable compensation is expected. I will say that now, I’m advance to make sure that when they think about compensation they are aware that proper suitable compensation is expected and not to give some ridiculous joke compensation to make up for it. 
    So, your ignorant little comments are exactly that. Ignorant. And I have no intention of shutting up and going to get coffee. If that’s what you think should be done... then go do it and save the rest of us having to read your ridiculous ideas and comments 
    babixbluzSheva69Nick37
    edited February 15
    @Remorah oh so let me get this straight so because you and yours have completed the boards and tiers and have basically nothing left to lose the rest of the community can go to hell??? 
    Good team player you are! 
    Look you and your non whales etc carry on and enjoy, meanwhile the rest of us who’ve lost out wether that be because we balance game with life or whatever else will continue to voice our opinions as we are entitled too, I’m not a whale either but I don’t have justify my position to make a stand for those who have lost out! 
    babixbluzSheva69

Sheva69
    Dearest awwww so cute thank you... my team has lost out as we continue again on 25 as well as everyday events and now the weekly ... I just choose not to throw my temper tantrums and hold my breathe and stomp my feet until the true facts or true screw over details are known... my team and NG know that... never said rest of community can go to hell or whatever your dearest mind tries to imply at this time
    Sheva69
    @Remorah
    firstly your post is mixing 2 into one trust me I ain’t calling you dearest!
    secondly there is a difference between a tantrum and asking for an explanation, if you perceive my vocalising as a tantrum then that my friend is your prerogative but I am simply asking NG to suck it up, come and tell those who have lost their accounts why? And to tell the rest of us who have also been impacted how we are going to be compensated? It’s not rocket science and it certainly ain’t no tantrum, as for stating you telling everyone to go to hell read your comment back, it implies in its very nature that as you and yours are ok the rest of us should just put up and shut up until NG say so like good little boys and girls? Erm No, if you build me a house and it ain’t fit for purpose I’m going to tell you it ain’t fit, so if people have invested money into their individual accounts then they lose them making them not fit for purpose they have every right to tell NG it ain’t fit! Now it’s up to NG to explain the how’s and why’s and what is going to happen next! If you don’t like people doing this then i suggest you go into a different thread.
    babixbluz

I do agree with caitlyn grace being on tier 25 was a tough one so a day could affect you and hopefully they take you into consideration as I know what it was for the team do it their first time and for those that join and complete first time as well... this was the toughest 25 tier they have done and worst which is why we are doing events this week instead of repeating  several times
    Sheva69
    Sip coffee and wait to see what happens 
    Sheva69
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 514
    @Remorah @Carnage @HuskyAtakPak @CaitlynGrace8

Thank you all for your thoughts, opinions and feelings on this matter. NG is working as quickly as they can on this issue and doing all that they can to return players to their pre-reset accounts. 

Open discussion and disagreement is acceptable and welcome, though it desolving into attacks on other players will not be tolerated.  Everyone is frustrated and everyone's ability to handle frustration and how they respond is different. Let's extend each other some grace and empathy. 
    RemorahSheva69
    @dahlia I have at no point attacked anyone in this thread so I do hope that isn’t directed at myself? 
    Secondly whilst I do appreciate you taking the time to come out and give your statement designed to reassure us all is in hand but you are a player and a mod and not an NG employee, therefore it carries or offers no reassurance at all, why can’t someone from NG come out and explain what’s happening, what’s the plan and how it will be resolved? 
    I am in no way trying to create conflict here I am simply asking why this can’t be handled by NG themselves, this is an extremely serious matter that requires some explanation 
    Sheva69Remorah
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 514
    It was simply a reminder to everyone to not let your comments and responses get out of hand and be aware of where other players are coming from. It was not an insinuation that anything had crossed that line or even would cross that line.

NG will update as soon as they have concrete information to share and update. At this time every hand is going to be focused on getting players back to their accounts quickly. This includes Filipe.  

Personally I would prefer time be spent on getting players into their accounts than giving me an update that likely isn't going to be concrete as each case will have different factors involved. I know that isn't everyone's feelings as some  people want answers first.... I prefer results and then answers.

Remorahjvg3
    Well said dahlia thank you
    Sheva69
  • john_dempseyjohn_dempsey Member Posts: 8
    After spending 5+ weeks and way more money than I care to say to finally beat tier 25, this has literally robbed us of the chance. I get this was some kind of accident, but players who have spent time and money playing your game are now facing the very real likelihood that all there hard work was for nothing. The only way I will consider paying to play this game again is if the event boards are suitably changed to reflect that many if not all teams have lost vital players at the most crucial time. Our particular team was well on track to beat 25.3, before a handful of our higher level players were no longer able to play, we literally lost 50% of our ability to complete missions at level 23. On top of this we have also lost out on the coin energy, 24 hours or more (so far) of being able to collect crates for energy, and the shop offers for energy etc, I also have 175 energy to claim from the whisperer event, have the tokens remaining to purchase it but was being saved for when needed (don’t know when the event shop closes)
    i already know players that have quit, and know if you do not resolve the concerns of those remaining that many more will do the same.
    Sheva69
  • coleseecolesee Member Posts: 1
    Our team saints&sinners. Is on board 23/3. With 4 left.  We lost approximately 6-7 players due to this.   I missed out on my Hershel by 100 points when he first came out.  I had 102 wilds saved for upgrading Hershel this time.   How are they even going to get close to what I had.  Level 26 maybe 27.  All my tapping yesterday and mid tap the hack screwed my game.  Our team was working tier 23/3 and I was hammering infests and had 230 ish on tile 14.  This means my team is punished.  And I’m punished more as I lost everything.  I lost my original game when this game first came out.  I was level 11 and my second account was level 5.  One was android and one was Apple 

im almost a day 1 player.  And I have accumulated so many cards. And it’s been ripped from me.   Now I stand to loose my wild cards.   And what I have missed out on since this hack.   I kill 18000 plus.  So imagine the cards I have now lost.  

BrettsGunN4U
    Sheva69
  • MadriusMadrius Member Posts: 42
    I hope that NG will quickly fix the bug and impacts. Each hour increases the problem, make players leave definately the Game. It’s bad for players and for groups (8 players impacted in my group include me).
    perhaps the end of this Game if too much players leave...
    we will see! 
    Sheva69
This discussion has been closed.