Account banned??

Like many other people I lost all my progress and am back at level 1. I have had a message on the game saying that my account is banned but also that maintenance are working on recovering my account. Saying it could take a week? So am I banned or is everyone who lost their account getting the same message?
DESTROYEROFM3N

Comments

• double_tapdouble_tap Member Posts: 49
    Everyone is getting the same message
  • babixbluzbabixbluz Member Posts: 6
    I got the same damn message too and im super duper pisses off and angry.  I spend way to much money on this game in the in app purchase store and for them to ban us without an explanation or even a warning is not cool at all.  Now we have to wait until February 22nd to play and we are all gonna miss the new mini season and probably the beginning of the new regular season after that.  You know in the midst of everything going on in this world with this pandemic I'm sure this game is an outlet for alot of us when it comes to staying sane.   I know it was for me.  Now what do we do...!!!!  Sincerely angry gamer
    LeeO
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 514
    edited February 15
    No one's account is actually banned. 

This is just the system process that is used to suspend access to players accounts so that they can be restored.  The weeks time is just a default time frame and is used to ensure that the accounts do not become active during the restore process.  

Everyone will have access to their accounts as quickly as is safely possible once the restore has been completed. 

Notification of accounts being locked was sent out via push notification by the game to all players. 
  • PlayerOnePlayerOne Member Posts: 23
    Dahlia said:
    No one's account is actually banned. 

This is just the system process that is used to suspend access to players accounts so that they can be restored.  The weeks time is just a default time frame and is used to ensure that the accounts do not become active during the restore process.  

Everyone will have access to their accounts as quickly as is safely possible once the restore has been completed. 

Notification of accounts being locked was sent out via push notification by the game to all players. 
    I’m crossing my fingers that it works. I was at level 29 with a lot of cards collected. I would be devastated if I lost everything. 🤞🤞
    DESTROYEROFM3N
  • ShortyKaiserShortyKaiser Member Posts: 35
    Ich habe noch keine Nachricht bekommen wegen der Sperrung.
  • jvg3jvg3 Member Posts: 9
    Es ist eine Push Nachricht und nicht im Support chat zu lesen. Die arbeiten gerade alle Support Tickets in kleinen Mengen ab.
    ich denke, erst wenn alle Betroffene gesperrt sind, geht’s dann ans wiederherstellen. 
    @ShortyKaiser @jvg3

They are working on restoring accounts now.  Please check this thread for updates 

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead-ow/discussion/46577/our-world-server-issue-player-profile-info#latest
  • DESTROYEROFM3NDESTROYEROFM3N Member Posts: 27
    Like many other people I lost all my progress and am back at level 1. I have had a message on the game saying that my account is banned but also that maintenance are working on recovering my account. Saying it could take a week? So am I banned or is everyone who lost their account getting the same message?
    Snap here. Banned like I cheated
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,326
    @DESTROYEROFM3N read the 2nd part message, no where does it say you’ve been banned for cheating but it’s to recover your account.

The banning process is necessary to recover your account.

• DESTROYEROFM3NDESTROYEROFM3N Member Posts: 27
    Thank you zbot. Maybe need to work on your customer service a bit lol
    @DESTROYEROFM3N players were informed through push notification via the game about accounts being locked and the message was communicated both there and on the in game screen once the account was suspended. This was also communicated on the forums.  

They worked quickly to recover accounts and used the systems already in place to do so. They also could not make changes to the game as it could effect their ability to recover accounts. 
    DESTROYEROFM3N
  • RemorahRemorah Member Posts: 79
    @Dahlia can you find out from them when they get passed some of these other issues if we will be able to fill out tickets for tier completion items missed as well... for instance my group completed 25.2 shortly after issue happened and those affected missed out on heavy bag and 25.2 completion reward 
    I will see what I can find out on that @Remorah
    Remorah
  • RemorahRemorah Member Posts: 79
    @Dahlia few other points thought of as well are
    those not able to complete weekly as it reset this morning I believe and also the daily yesterday as it happened pretty early they should take into consideration for compensation as well specially the xp
  • SffreBlueBerriesSffreBlueBerries Member Posts: 5
    Dahlia said:
    @DESTROYEROFM3N players were informed through push notification via the game about accounts being locked and the message was communicated both there and on the in game screen once the account was suspended. This was also communicated on the forums.  

The push notifications did not go to everyone. So there is an issue there as well. 
    @SffreBlueBerries did you follow the instructions and contact support?
  • SffreBlueBerriesSffreBlueBerries Member Posts: 5
    zbot said:
    @SffreBlueBerries did you follow the instructions and contact support?
    For that, no not yet. Staying out of game until they figure out how we get back into our groups (that I did report).
    Mein Account war bis jetzt nicht gesperrt !!! Keine Wiederherstellung, keine Antwort, gar nichts !!!! 
    Ich möchte mein altes Account zurück, ich habe nichts falsch gemacht !!!! Es wird höchste Zeit, dass dich jemand meldet auf mein Ticket!!;;
    Shorty
    Level 24
    InstantZombie

@ShortyKaiser if your account is currently telling you that you are "banned" check the message under that text. I would say that NG is currently working on restoring your account.  When restoring an account they have to make sure no one is actively on the account otherwise you risk overriding your account and losing it for good.  

I know your frustrated and angry. Let's allow NG the time they need to carefully restore your account for you. 
    Alles wieder gut Dahlia, danke noch mal. 
    Bin mit altem Konto zurück in meiner Gruppe und alles ist noch da. Danke !!!!
    Glad to hear everything went well @ShortyKaiser