Question for NG

Once you finish restoring accounts from this past weekend disaster, could you update us on what actually went wrong? Given the fact that so many players spend money on the game and trust it enough to track our location while playing, a brief explanation seems reasonable. Also, it would be nice to know if measures are being taken to prevent it from happening again. 

I understand that game crashes are par for the course, but other recent issues such as player accounts being maliciously overtaken makes me very skeptical about the way that problems are being managed.

Also, in my opinion, relying on forum moderators to handle you PR does not help instill confidence. 

RosieNuLorachelCarnageW30LeeO

Comments

• ScanScan Member Posts: 71
    edited February 18
    No they won’t 🤣🤣🤣 read through the thread someone is playing on my account to see how useless ng are 
    LeeO
  • RosieNuRosieNu Member Posts: 34
    I have to say I completely agree with this post. It has been a shambles from the moment it happened. I have now thankfully got back in my team through no help of NG really and feel totally left out in the cold by their handling of this. I really feel an in game announcement would have and probably still will help players going through the same. Our team mates who were not affected had no idea what had happened.
    I get they are fixing issues but to have little communication during the issues and really no info about situation is disgusting.  I am amazed quite frankly the mini is going ahead, like nothing ever happened and yet still no update on why or what even happened.

Lorachel
  • LorachelLorachel Member Posts: 9
    RosieNu said:
    I have to say I completely agree with this post. It has been a shambles from the moment it happened. I have now thankfully got back in my team through no help of NG really and feel totally left out in the cold by their handling of this. I really feel an in game announcement would have and probably still will help players going through the same. Our team mates who were not affected had no idea what had happened.
    I get they are fixing issues but to have little communication during the issues and really no info about situation is disgusting.  I am amazed quite frankly the mini is going ahead, like nothing ever happened and yet still no update on why or what even happened.

I remain stuck in no mans land regards groups.  I am listed as a mere of my group but the app is saying I am not in group.  Unfortunately my group is full so not able to select join to see what happens.  Lost all the rewards I spent so long earning.  Because I am in no mans land I have no way of communicating with any fellow members to kick me out and let me rejoin so the 'solution' offered won't work.
    W30LeeO
  • LepLep Member Posts: 4
    Same boat as Lorachel. Still occupying a spot in my group but not able to access it, missed my season end rewards that I spent the last however many weeks working for, not to mention the money spent. The compensation offered is basically wasted since I can't access my group, there isn't even really incentive to play if I'm not helping my group clear boards, so my "free" week of bike is basically going unused. And there basically being radio silence on the issue other than "LOL maybe you can try to fix it yourself?" Just all leaving a very sour taste right now...
    LorachelW30
  • FonsoZoriFonsoZori Member Posts: 12
    I had a group member that was having account issues, couldn't access account or something on those lines. 
    He couldn't access the flares we were setting up when he got access to his account back.

He asked to get kicked out and then came back in this morning and it is working fine for him I believe
    LeeO
  • FonsoZoriFonsoZori Member Posts: 12
    edited February 18
    I had a group member that was having account issues, couldn't access account or something on those lines. 
    He couldn't access the flares we were setting up when he got access to his account back.

He asked to get kicked out and then came back in this morning and it is working fine for him I believe
    FonsoZori said:

Unfortunately the fix relies on being able to contact the group leader - when you have no contact details for any of the group outside the Chat in the app how does one ask to be kicked out?
    LeeO
  • LivingDeadGrrlLivingDeadGrrl Member Posts: 7
    Lorachel said:
    FonsoZori said:

Unfortunately the fix relies on being able to contact the group leader - when you have no contact details for any of the group outside the Chat in the app how does one ask to be kicked out?
    This is part of what makes things so frustrating. It’s a group game, and things went completely down hill at the end of the season. It put a huge amount of stress on remaining players as far as energy, flares, and everything else, and with little to no compensation! Not only that- we have to then help fix the game by making space and kicking people?!? I’m sorry but that’s ridiculous. They didn’t even shut off the darn cooldown during all of this!!!

I can’t think of any other game that wouldn’t shut things down entirely and fix it proper, and then provide GENEROUS COMPENSATION in an attempt to restore faith.This is just so unprofessional. 

W30LeeO
  • W30W30 Member Posts: 3
    Lep said:
    Same boat as Lorachel. Still occupying a spot in my group but not able to access it, missed my season end rewards that I spent the last however many weeks working for, not to mention the money spent. The compensation offered is basically wasted since I can't access my group, there isn't even really incentive to play if I'm not helping my group clear boards, so my "free" week of bike is basically going unused. And there basically being radio silence on the issue other than "LOL maybe you can try to fix it yourself?" Just all leaving a very sour taste right now...
    I’m in the same boat as the two of you.  I would appreciate some sort of a general announcement \ progress update from NG to all players. 
    Lorachel
    NG have acknowledged the group issue and will begin the fix on 25 Feb.

Unfortunately no info on whether those impacted by the group issue will receive the rewards from last season that they earned (8 wildcards, days gone by tokens, plus other goodies for me!) and the inability to take part in this present mini season with the group.
  • JbbutterfreeJbbutterfree Member Posts: 2
    W30 are you from Thanatos? Let me know I can send a message to kick you so you can rejoin.
    W30
    W30 are you from Thanatos? Let me know I can send a message to kick you so you can rejoin.
    Yes, it is me. Ask Mortis to kick me and I will rejoin. Thank you!
    Jbbutterfree
  • JbbutterfreeJbbutterfree Member Posts: 2
    W30 said:
    Ok sent! Will be glad to have you back!
    W30
    W30 said:
    Ok sent! Will be glad to have you back!
    Thank you!