Epic Encounters - why so much?

MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 52
Top of the morning to our gracious overlords at NG.  I just wanted to see if there was a reason for the energy requirement for epic encounters to be 5 energy and everything else in the game (including epic outposts - which I hesitate to even bring up in fear of it being "re-evaluated") only costing 3.  As it specifically pertains to this event, with the current encounter cost you're looking at over 2,800 energy to clear the shop (or 574 individual Maggie encounters).  Could you guys please re-evaluate the cost of these encounters to bring it more in line with what is required for all the other epic missions - ESPECIALLY considering the event is only supposed to be gold difficulty.  Thanks so much for your consideration.
RedsWorld

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,145
    @Miggz it's a gold difficulty, it's meant to be a little hard but usually the goal is for players to unlock Legendary Maggie which would take 67 epic Maggie Encounters in one week, or about 9-10 epic Maggie Encounters a day.  The difficulty isn't related to unlocking everything in the shop.

• MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 52
    I got cha Zbot and I'm totally with you.  Cleaning out the shop was just a chance to apply my math.  I'm more wondering why epic encounters cost 5 energy to do when EVERYTHING else (rare enc, rare infest, epic infest, epic base , epic outposts) all only cost 3?  I honestly didn't know if had ever been discussed and was genuinely curious about the question re:that difference in energy cost

sixfive
  • FiriFiri Member Posts: 16
    Gold is 3/5 for diff.
    This event is not casual friendly at all. As usual, any average player will not find enough epic mags to unlock Leg M, unless they use massive amounts of maps. There just isnt enough of them spawning anywhere -- That doesnt even count the 300e+ required for just 2k tokens.  Groups not in the top 100 do not flare everything they see.

So I guess thats working as intended. 

NG really needs to re-evaluate their diff scale, but thats a whole nother topic
    LorachelRedsWorld
  • MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 52
    Again circling back, the meaning of my post was to ask why do epic encounters cost so much energy the 5 energy vs 3 for everything else (except legendary encounters which we've been promised are coming back for over 6 months now and still no sign of them).
    intruderruud