Coins for cards event discussion

CalaveraCalavera Member Posts: 98
We don’t quite know details yet so I won’t start a rant. But I hope I’ll be able to hit 0 coins. :)
Dahlia

Comments

• DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 529
    Well I hope it won't start a rant but one never knows... given how many coins you likely have plus the Double Scavenger activation possibility and Double Trading Post coins output I have a feeling you might not hit zero coins. Unless you avoid extra coins. 
  • MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 75
    Why cap it at 4 purchases per card?  Why not make make 4th offer repeatable?  That way
    If someone wants/needs a higher amount of
    one card they have the opportunity to
    purchase enough of them to make a difference?
    vicsarkАнунахamosamos
    still awaiting answer 
  • CalaveraCalavera Member Posts: 98
    Would also like to comment that is is weird you have multiple tiers for offers but the last tier is 21+. There is no bonus for being even higher level. You should have a 31+ level as well. 
    Serikavicsark_Jo_amosamos
  • NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Community Manager, Staff Posts: 552
    Hi guys!

If all goes well, this won't be a 1-time offer, we will take your feedback into consideration for the future! These offers are a cascade, so you will be able to get a lot of cards, not just 1 or 2.

Stay well guys and keep an eye on the shop! Really cool offers soon!
    vicsark
  • vicsarkvicsark Member Posts: 32
    edited May 24
    This game really lacks a coins dump for late game and a coins for cards shop looks like a good solution.
    I’m awaiting this event as a level 31 with full coins and no more pending upgrades :(
    I’m hopeful that coins for cards becomes a permanent shop, at least for higher levels who have that particular issue. And unlimited selected cards probably  would be needed at some point, pricing tbd ofc to keep a balance.

Without surprise, it’s not motivating to play without any coins nor cards rewards for most of my battles.
    And no more pending upgrades is not for lack of cards, but with:
    - all commons and rares maxed 
    - 22 out of 31 epic cards maxed (!)
    so basically I’m not getting any reward from most of my play, except for board rewards, and the 1 out of 3 chance on epic battles and the low random leg give outs.

Lots of other players are also maxed coins as a choice to manage their PPL more carefully. They don’t get coins but at least they get cards form their gameplay.
    And they most certainly would be happy to see a permanent coins for cards shop.

This also could kill two birds with one stone by allowing selected legs or wildcards to be bought with coins and help solve the leg imbalance. We’ll see

So yeah I will give you feedback lol :)

amosamos
  • RaceskarDriverRaceskarDriver Member Posts: 2
    So.... isn't this supposed to be starting today?
    edited May 24
    Cards for Coins are only available on 3 Random Days during the week. So today starts the week in which the 3 random days will occur. So today may or may not have a Cards for Coin options.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead-ow/discussion/47478/coins-to-cards-week-24-may-through-30-may
  • CalaveraCalavera Member Posts: 98
    Wow two days of the event without any cards for offer? Glad I forgot to max out my coins :)
    Yoboamosamos
  • YoboYobo Member Posts: 24
    Why not just make this event 3 days ? 
    amosamos
    @Yobo

Because that is the draw of the event... the mystery of when and what will be offered. 
    amosamos
  • SerikaSerika Member Posts: 6
    edited May 25
    The mystery kind of went when the timeframe and details was announced, now it's just unnecessary wait..
    Yobovicsark
    I can’t wait to use my coins to buy a card I have already maxed and get less coins back 🤣 
    amosamos
    Aka, they announced the event before they checked to see if it worked….
    Yobosixfive
  • fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
    Well... thank you for 12 Cards. Now I am at 56 from 400. Felt like a bad joke :-/ 
    vicsarkSerikaamosamos
  • FFSFFS Member Posts: 27
    Yes, bad joke. It didn't make much difference in the full coin wallet. Better than nothing, but I had hoped to empty the 9.5+ million coins and have something to play for again.
    Serika
    edited May 26
    Lol thx I guess, it was cheap.

Glad everyone can get 12 legs for a cheap coins price. 
    But you mistook the issue, we need a huge coins dump for the 9.5m+ stashes for folks without upgrades or not wanting to upgrade and getting FULL on coins.
    i bought the 12 cards and am still over max coins.
    Coins for cards is a great idea,  but we need a real coins dump for thé 10m+ coins stash.
    you defo could add more way more expensive offers for levels 31+, even on a cost per card basis.
    lot of folks not really caring about the price as getting FULL is just throwing coins to trash anyways.
    We’ll see the rest of the offers but not hopeful lol

amosamos
  • fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
    I understand that they have to find a balance -> if they offer more than this small amount of cards, low level players get a huge boost, but this also shows the issue of the card collecting: at first it is very easy but after you reach the 200 mark its very hard to level any legendary card.

I mean one way to do it could be to level gate more offers, add offers for level 27,28, 29, 30 and maybe an unlimited or multiple offer for level 31s.
    For those additional offers, they could also increase the coins price per card so it becomes more an opt in on an expensive offer for those wanting to dump coins and not just a cheap card handout.
    CalaveraRedsWorldamosamos
  • HughJarsolHughJarsol Member Posts: 9
    I only got three offers for ricks pistol. The event description says you should get a fourth offer if your account is level 21+. Mine is level 31. 
  • Full_pickFull_pick Member Posts: 11
    edited May 26
    Me2, only got 3 offers (12 cards), hope the 4th is ”coming soon”.
    edited May 26
    They just added another 24c for 800k
    so total 36c for 1.2m
    better but I would want something to get my coin stash to zero :)
    just add 120 cards for 4 million and 240 for 8 million and I’ll be happy 😝
    All those that are saying they should have big coin dumps for high level accounts are living in a dream world. 

They’re not going to start giving you loads of legendaries for coins. Those cards are what make them money.
  • FFSFFS Member Posts: 27
    edited May 26
    After the fourth pack was put into the game I retract the "bad joke" statement. Still not as good as I would have wanted, but OK.

Problem remains it would only take one active day of gameplay until I only get "Full" again
  • Full_pickFull_pick Member Posts: 11
    If you add 48c for lvl 31+ (we should be rewarded...) at a cost of some 2m I will never whine again...
    Thank you for the feedback. I know NG will take the thoughts and suggestions into consideration when deciding on future events.  This is a first time event and balancing out all the different areas it effects can be difficult. 
    vicsark
    edited May 26
    HughJarsol said:
    All those that are saying they should have big coin dumps for high level accounts are living in a dream world. 

They’re not going to start giving you loads of legendaries for coins. Those cards are what make them money.
    Not really, I doubt the high level folks are the ones buying legendary cards. I don’t. What’s the point once they have xx/200 xx/400 or xx/800 for the next upgrade.
    I would guess most of those buying leg cards are the lower level who can get to 10/10 20/20 or 50/50 with a few cards.

Tbh, What I really want is just a permanent way to use extra coins. 
    I don’t care much what they offer (or even the price, don’t shoot me) as long as I can use my extra coins on anything and not get FULL all the time, coz that is the worst and completely demotivating.

So I’m game for any items like flares, compass, maps, energy, grenades, epic cards, heck introduce epic wildcards (why not) and not just legendaries or wildcards.

But offering more legs to high level is another way to also address the legendary imbalance issue for folks with 315+ Rares and epics.

Asynja
    vicsark said:
    HughJarsol said:

Not really, I doubt the high level folks are the ones buying legendary cards. I don’t. What’s the point once they have xx/200 xx/400 or xx/800 for the next upgrade.
    I would guess most of those buying leg cards are the lower level who can get to 10/10 20/20 or 50/50 with a few cards.

Tbh, What I really want is just a permanent way to use extra coins. 
    I don’t care much what they offer (or even the price, don’t shoot me) as long as I can use my extra coins on anything and not get FULL all the time, coz that is the worst and completely demotivating.

So I’m game for any items like flares, compass, maps, energy, grenades, epic cards, heck introduce epic wildcards (why not) and not just legendaries or wildcards.

But offering more legs to high level is another way to also address the legendary imbalance issue for folks with 315+ Rares and epics.

That’s exactly my point though really. By handing out leg cards easily, lower level players won’t have the incentive to buy them with cash. 

I do feel your pain though. I’m not far off from maxing rare cards myself. Then i wonder whether i’ll still be motivated to play…….
    They should start offering perks that you can buy and apply to any weapons or heroes you want. Like increased damage, increased health etc…
  • BuranBuran Member Posts: 15
    why does the cost of one card increase with each pack? =)