Mission Rewards rebalanced?

fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
Hey @NG_Filipe

as you announced earlier, the Mission Rewards will be rebalanced. Now I noticed, that you wrote an announcement for the legendary missions.

Are these the only mission rewards that you have rebalanced?

How is the chance of a legendary drop for this missions now?

Comments

• DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 538
    It's a Legendary Mission re-balance.  

What are your thoughts on what your seeing from missions. 
  • fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
    First of all… since yesterday I saw 3 Legendary missions. If you understand this with "Increased Spawn rate of Legendary Encounters" then good night.

Nevertheless… on those 3 Legendary encounters i got on one two legendary cards. So I don't feel any difference.

When I understand you correctly, the other mission rewards (like infestations) will not be rebalanced on higher levels for example?
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 538
    As far as I am aware only Legendary Encounter re-balance has taken place so far.  

I obviously am not privy to what else the NG team has in the works for other mission types.

I am curious where it was mentioned that  Mission rewards over all were being re-balancing. 
  • MaeLDuiNMaeLDuiN Member Posts: 39
    fumpi said:
    Hey @NG_Filipe

as you announced earlier, the Mission Rewards will be rebalanced. Now I noticed, that you wrote an announcement for the legendary missions.

Are these the only mission rewards that you have rebalanced?

How is the chance of a legendary drop for this missions now?
    The legendary mission rewards are re-balanced (yes, they are a lot better now, Im receiving 14-22 epic cards from each battle, which is twice as much as epic encounter) plus a greater chancefor legendary cards. We have had multiple players receiving up to 5 cards from one encounter. I have seen probably 30-40% of time a legendary card, two or three, combined with the epic cards they give, I'd say is worth 5 energy, with this higher chance for legendary card event. If the chance was lowered back to normal, I'd say it's not worth doing them for 5 energy, since you could just do an Epic Outpost for twice the amount of epic cards.

Any other balance has not been done yet, as they are coming with the new season. This is a mini-season.

See the announcement "Upcoming Season & Mini Season", where it's stated clearly that:

"After the Mini-Season, from the 17th of June (noon UTC) onward, it's time to turn our attention to a new Season! This season will have 25 tiers, 6 rounds and last for 6 weeks. The Season and Token Event Shops will bring unique new Heroes! Other exciting updates include: Player Levels being increased to Level 35, Mission Rewards being rebalanced, new talent/mod for Hero Princess and Bow weapons, the introduction of a new Mission type - Raider Ambush, and more!"

I hope this answers your question.
  • АнунахАнунах Member Posts: 39
    I've seen up to 7 legendary cards (from lvl40+ spiked leg encounters). Assuming big leap in chances and amount of cards - this is a step in the right direction. Although without any transparency on drop-rate, spawn-rate and how mission level and/or player level influence it - it's really hard to make any estimates. Yes, it's fantastic to get 7 cards killing a mission only 1% of user-base can probably complete. But if spawn-rate decreases after the event, drop-rate decreases - we can end up with a few additional legendaries per day, which top level players won't even notice. 

My thoughts are: 

I would prefer 100% chance to get a legendary with the progression based on mission level and player level. E.g 100% to get 1 card (at least starting from a certain point like mission level 20 and player level 20 for example), and if you're high-level player (31+) and it's a high-level mission (40+) - you are guaranteed to get extra X cards (and maybe even more than 7). It's very demotivating when you are spending time to free roam, spending money on compasses, energy and grenades and then getting nothing in return or like 1 card and you need 350 thousands of cards so your legendaries become truly legendary (it's only power 400+, I'm not even talking about maxing them). 

Spawn rate is extremely low. It's 0-2 mission per 9 minutes free-roaming in high-density areas in my experience. Should be 2-3 times higher at least during special events like this. And I think it used to be higher during the event when Leg.E. were introduced for the 1st time. Prior the event it was like 1 Leg.E. in a few days, which is simply useless. Normal everyday rate should be at least as it is now IMO or those missions won't make any difference. 

In general I like this change and I hope this is only the 1st step of legendary rebalance, because Leg.E. alone won't fix legendary cards problem all active players are facing after 6+ months of active playing. All sources should give higher amount of cards obviously.
    vicsark