Group Points Balancing

fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
Hey out there,

this new group point feature is nice, but it is very unbalanced. 

For example tier 8.3 tile 1 and 18
both will give you 600 points, but for tile 1 you need to clear 35 infestations as lone wolf
for tile 18 you only need to collect 15 crates. 
I think this might be one of the extrem variants, but there might be many more examples. 

Sadly I don’t know how to fix this issue, maybe bind the group points to the needed energy?

what do others think about this?

best regards 

fumpi 

Comments

• MaeLDuiNMaeLDuiN Member Posts: 39
    edited June 18
    As soon as I heard about the feature, I knew it was going to work exactly like how it does now. And it works poorly at best.

First two boards are alot easier than third board, but you get almost same amount of points from first board, or from second board, as you do from third board. This means you could just play first two boards, hoard a ton of points, let others do third board, and wow, you seem like the best player in the galaxy with your massive lead in points!

Also, if you simply pick up pile of crates when board flips to a new one, you usually get most points from 2-3 different crate tiles, might even get a big chunk if there's a lone wolf. And again, you end up getting probably more points than the guy who goes the 100 infestation lone - and you haven't played a single mission.

These different kind of tiles should be worth different amount of points. 500 crates lone cannot give the same amount of points as 200 infestation lone. 3 energy missions in general should give more points than 1 energy missions in general.

There are so many different small things that are so wrong with the points system that I really am not even checking the points anymore and the feature has been up only for 24 hours..
  • FFSFFS Member Posts: 29
    Yeah. And there are more issues with this, for example: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead-ow/discussion/comment/439342/#Comment_439342

So it tells far from a complete picture. But better than nothing I suppose
  • lolocopter24lolocopter24 Member Posts: 17
    Pretty useless feature as it is now, as has been mentioned, if you are online for flips, especially for starting board 1 or 2 you can hoover up all the easy points, Lone Wolf tilesx are equally as bad.
    To be honest you could have spent the time introducing this feature that I'm pretty sure no one actually asked for, to sorting out the balance on Legendary weapons which high level players have been asking about for months.
  • fumpifumpi Member Posts: 46
    The simplest way to fix this fast is to calculate each tile point in energy (which is the only currency besides time..)

so for example: 
    Rescue Mission, encounter - each one point
    for each specific walker killed - one point
    for each infestation or raider base round 3 points 
    crates… maybe one point each ten. 

With such a simple calculation you will give us a simple overview how much energy (and time) each player throws into a tier, which will be way more helpful then this current… useless… thing. 

To be honest: I was very excited when you announced this feature, but you really messed it up. 
    Hopefully someone from NG will respond and fix this this season (just make a simple migration…)
    asiatiki
    Hello @NG_Filipe,
    any feedback from you or someone else from NG would be very nice…
  • LeginmaxLeginmax Member Posts: 23
    I quite like it it created more competition within group and yea there are easy tiles so hit them first 
  • АнунахАнунах Member Posts: 39
    This new feature is extremely unbalanced as was described above (also some tiles on board3 on tier25 is up to 15 times more difficult than board1). Another thing is that it can add unnecessary drama to the teams where someone will play for points not for the boards. 

The only positive thing is that you can clearly see who's not playing at all without the need to wait until the week's end to calculate weekly stats. 

IMO this feature should be either heavily balanced or dropped completely. In its current form it is close to useless. 

IMO this feature should be either heavily balanced or dropped completely. In its current form it is close to useless. 

Totally agreed. I don't understand, why NG doesn't respond here.

And another thought: There are those Alexandria players with access to the beta. Are this players either players who doesn't play much and don't understand, what the playerbase want, or ignores NG their feedback too?
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 538
    NG is aware of and taking note of player feedback. 

As with any new feature it will take some time to get feedback and internal data about the feature to make determinations about how the feature functions and ways to improve the feature. 
  • GymSnatcherGymSnatcher Member Posts: 12
    Can anyone tell me do you have to finish in the top 10 to get points? 
  • David12David12 Member, Staff Posts: 16
    Your feedback above is being taken in to consideration as we look to improve this feature
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 7
    I agree with all the feedback.  I appreciate the idea, but the approach and implementation are off.  Basically, just complete the low end lone wolfs like build or upgrade buildings and you'll be racking up points, meanwhile, you'll have another member at the bottom maybe spending hundreds of energy completing missions across the board.
  • HughJarsolHughJarsol Member Posts: 9
    I just got 2700 points for building two buildings. The biggest points giving tile on the board. What’s that all about? How much effort does that require?!?

it definitely needs to be rebalanced.