New Haunts Event - Money grab getting totally ridiculous!

AsynjaAsynja Member Posts: 58
So, this "New Haunts" event.. Only thing haunting about it is the way NG is trying to reach into our pockets.
This time it's getting totally ridiculous!

These missions are so specific, it's not even funny. Just ludicrous! 

Not only do we need to find Epic Encounters, but they have to have spikes in them.
Not only do we need to find Rare rescues, but they have to have heavies in them.
Not only do we need to find Rare Whisperer Skirmishes, but they have to have spikes in them.
Above that, we need to find Epic Ambush AND we need to pay 200 gold to buy a bait so we can get 2(!) measly fatties in it!

I usually buy those event passes for E and flares but this time it seems it's gonna cost me a lot more than I would gain with all the compasses, flares, energy and baits needed every 8hours.. Not to mention all that time just compassing around looking for very specific missions....

Come on, NG. It's often obvious you don't play your own game, but you could at least pretend to?

FFSMasterwarNewr0ticRedEye52RedsWorldZompulaPandaSMWGórnyŚlonskscottmag14DESTROYEROFM3N

Comments

• FFSFFS Member Posts: 36
    Agreed, these are just silly. I started out trying to do them but realized I will burn much more resources in the process than I can gain.

I have similar missions but slightly different. The fact they are different means there is no idea to help as a group to flare an epic spiked encounter for example.

And the 8 hour time means most Europeans have a very hard time to finish the one starting midnight ETC is they want to sleep. And of course similar for other places around the world unless you are lucky with time zone timing.
    Newr0tic
  • MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 145
    edited February 28
    Not only that but the spike in normal skirmish one dosen’t even work for me and some other teammates.

Once again releasing content that hasn’t been tested/debugged and expecting us to pay for it.  But any constructive positive ideas that don’t make them more money are quickly brushed aside.  I’m about done with this.

ABSURD
  • MasterwarMasterwar Member Posts: 3
    Ahahahahahahaha
    This is an event?....?....?

edited February 28
    This is my result:  Heavy walker in skirmish whisperer battle with any assault rifle, not counted and not to appear nothing weapons as choice. Good work NG. 
    Spiked walker in rare encounter? 😂😂😂
    Slim walker in rare rescue mission? Yes of corse
    2 regular walker in bait ahahahahahahaha
    This is ridicolous
  • HowgeeHowgee Member Posts: 25
    This event is really ridiculous! I searched for 2 hours to find a specific epic encounter with rotten. When I found it the missions reset. I most certainly do not buy this event pass.
    Masterwar
  • DOLFADOLFA Member Posts: 4
    I totally agree with you Asynja, NG has definitely gone crazy, this is my last season.
  • RosieNuRosieNu Member Posts: 59
    Totally agree, I've ranted all day in my group, I'm sure they're fed up but come on NG, why, why why are you doing this. The whole event works against the board, the different tasks for each player means it's difficult to help each other. Totally obscure requests, 8 hours resets, how does that work when your sleeping or working. 
    This whole season in fact is rediculous, these new whisper camps are clearly designed to use energy and take up spaces of infests. Asynja is completely correct, it's obvious your development team don't play the game,  why you think putting higher numbers per tile is more fun and challenging is unbelievable. It isn't, it's grindy AF and getting boring. You really need to rethink your motives or your going to loose more players. 
    MasterwarRedEye52RedsWorld
  • CarlseyeCarlseye Member Posts: 129
    NG hasn't cared about their customers in a long time.   I understand you need to make money as a business, that's the plan obviously.   But some good customer service,  and listening to your players goes a long way too. 

NG only puts out stuff to gain as much money as possible.   You don't need to enjoy the game anymore, just give them money
    Masterwar
  • NG_FilipeNG_Filipe Member, Community Manager, Staff Posts: 665
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing your Explore Quest: New Haunts event experience.

I appreciate that you could share your constructive feedback and your suggestions to make the gameplay system better. I'll pass your feedback onto our team so they can take it into consideration and think of the best way to improve the event in the future.

We, unfortunately, can't do any changes during the event, but we're gathering all the player feedback for this new quest type and we'll take it into consideration for the next one.

I'm happy also happy to inform you that all quests requesting Whisperer Skirmish with which you previously experienced problems should be fixed since yesterday.

Take care!
    Masterwar
    edited March 1
    You guys have done it in the past, why is this event different?  Because it takes a lot of work is not an acceptable answer,
  • IrvinIrvin Member Posts: 6
    “We, unfortunately, can't do any changes during the event, but we're gathering all the player feedback for this new quest type and we'll take it into consideration for the next one.”
    In what universe did any of you developers think this event made even the slightest of sense, especially to players who don’t pay to play (a ton of us exist). This is purely your responsibility to fix so ‘taking it into consideration’ isn’t going to cut it. You can’t expect ANY player to waste resources on rewards that aren’t worth the cost and number of medals. Stop deflecting blame and do something about it.
    Braske
  • ZompulaZompula Member Posts: 37
    I completely agree, this is ridiculous and I regret buying the pass - will definitely not do so again if this continues. My pass is surely going to waste because I have not been able to complete even half of the required tasks. Com'on NG!!!
    BraskeRedsWorld
  • StewartStewart Member Posts: 112
    Epic ambushes with heavy walker...7 compasses later and I'm sure these don't exist....
  • HöckelebömmeleHöckelebömmele Member Posts: 36
    I would like my money back, because THAT is an impertinence! I would also like a tip on how to get my team motivated again. Because apart from this shitty event, the missions this season are also an impertinence! NG, including the boss, should pick up their smartphones and complete the missions of this CRAP event on foot. A little tip....take a couple of extra hiking shoes with you!!

@NG_Filipe your community is about to completely shut down on you.  Please give this and the other very good suggestions more consideration.  Yes it requires more work, but yes an in progress event is able to be changed because y’all have done it in the past (even changed entire tier requirements).
    Hello,

We are taking notes of all the feedback shared here and on the other channels (social media, player support, social groups, etc). However, as this is a new type of event, the system doesn't support any changes to an on-going event.

Stay safe.
  • Lily_RogueLily_Rogue Member Posts: 10
    Only have epic spike encounter left

So asked my team for help finding it. First (wasted flare) 

Not gonna happen. I was even willing to map it if the mission would have been low enough. 

But my team is kind  and sent up yet another flare (wasted again)

Suffice to say I won't be able to pass this Haunt....
    AsynjaDESTROYEROFM3N
  • StewartStewart Member Posts: 112
    Throw those 2000+ nades :smiley:
    DESTROYEROFM3N
  • deracine999deracine999 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 4
    My team decided to protest by reducing the amount of charges.

And I sent the following message.

"If you don't respond in good faith and leave us uncomfortable, my team will protest by reducing the amount charged."

You should take it seriously and respond promptly and in good faith.
  • deracine999deracine999 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 4
    I will write more.

Not only was this event forced us to waste unprofitable items, or we were forced to give up on the event itself.
    We had to defeat unwanted levels walkers to clear the event, resulting in higher spawn levels.
    You robbed us of fun, caused us suffering, made us waste money, and even broke our level control.

Entertainment must be fun. And the money we spend on entertainment has to be worth it.
    If you work in entertainment, you should take this seriously and treat it in good faith.
    And you should be proud to make money by pleasing us.

If you are proud, you should return the items we used at the end of this event and reset the Walker spawn level. Then either abolish this event or reduce the difficulty to a realistic level.
    RemorahBraske
  • RemorahRemorah Member Posts: 107
    Well take note that the community is done with you… if you are trying to say your team didn’t realize the outcome of these missions that’s a lie… you purposely create the missions you select to be extremely hard to find already so adding specific into it makes impossible…also you have it set for these missions to pretty much disappear altogether when it’s requirement or need. 
    If you truly try to say you and the team did not know the path this event would lead  you should all be fired as after three years of this game you would claim to not know the outcome of what it asked for…is either hugest disconnect which is totally unacceptable and/or the biggest blatant money grabbing taunts directly in the face of a one of the best communities you could have ever asked to play a game.
    Done with NG
  • CarlseyeCarlseye Member Posts: 129
    This whole season has been a cash grab for them.   The tiers require an insane amount of energy.   Tier 20 is just nuts. 

I would say it may be time for the players to protest by not spending money again.   It's the only way they've actually ever listened to their customers.  But with the Netflix move,  they may not care anymore.   May just assume it's someone else's problem now
  • RaceskarDriverRaceskarDriver Member Posts: 4
    Why is it that the event is supposed to be going on until 0800 UTC, but at 0215 UTC, it's no longer available?  I'm hoping my in app support request brings a reasonable resolution. I know new events are doomed to the scrutiny of the masses and, clearly, the masses think this one is a big bust. I'd be content with receiving the rewards I'd have been able to get if the event hadn't disappeared before it was over.
  • RaceskarDriverRaceskarDriver Member Posts: 4
    It's hard to finish if there's no missions there.
    Hello,

After analyzing all the feedback, we are doing these changes for the next Explore Quest event:
    • Remove the Bait and Legendary mission completely
    • We’ll keep the specific enemy type requirement but only for the ‘common’ type missions. So all rare and epic types will be only against regular walkers
    We hope that the future Explore Quests will be more appealing.

Stay safe!
    MiggzMarbo417Asynja
  • HowgeeHowgee Member Posts: 25
    Thanks you for your reaction :) I suggest weekly missions with goals and not 8 hour cycles. Thes 8 hour cycles are frustrating for most of the players. Many of us do not have the time to play 7/24. A weekly mission board is much more motivating and fun without the unnecessary pressure. Thanks for your reacting to feedback!
  • Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 171
    I am the kind of player who can get very obstinated when everybody is saying that something is too difficult to complete.   Did I complete that event?   Yes!  Was it frustrating by moment?  OH YES!!  Did I used a lot of my accumulated ressources (baits, compases, maps) in order to make it?  Totally!  My biggest regret was the last 2 rewards for completing that tremendous task.... 10 cards of ezekiel's cane.  Disapointing to get just that for all those efforts.  But overall,  I can say that this was by far the most challenging event ever in this game. One of the best part of it was that it made all our teamates work together to help each other to find our missing missions.  We even elaborated a system of abreviations to ask quickly what we needed.  Exemple:   I need  RES r S,   which meant  I needed a "rescue rare with spikes in it" .  or ENC e A   = encounter epic armored...   and it went very well.  It was very satysfying to help find the right mission at the last minute for a friend... and vis versa.  We scheduled the bait at the beginning of each 8 hours cycles in order not to waste too many of them.   But the down point was that we totally lost the focus on the board missions and we lost around 20 places on the leaderboard ranking (from 30 to 50).  I think that Filipe's answer with the 2 changes will make a huge difference.  Some specific epic missions were VERY hard to find even with half the team looking for them...lol.     
    DESTROYEROFM3N
  • AsynjaAsynja Member Posts: 58
    NG_Filipe said:
    Hello,

After analyzing all the feedback, we are doing these changes for the next Explore Quest event:
    • Remove the Bait and Legendary mission completely
    • We’ll keep the specific enemy type requirement but only for the ‘common’ type missions. So all rare and epic types will be only against regular walkers
    We hope that the future Explore Quests will be more appealing.

Stay safe!
    Thank you Filipe, appreciate you listening!

Also look forward to next event knowing I won't have to spend 24/7 roaming and neglecting boards in order to complete it! :-)
  • AsynjaAsynja Member Posts: 58
    Marbo417 said:
    I am the kind of player who can get very obstinated when everybody is saying that something is too difficult to complete.   Did I complete that event?   Yes!  Was it frustrating by moment?  OH YES!!  Did I used a lot of my accumulated ressources (baits, compases, maps) in order to make it?  Totally!  My biggest regret was the last 2 rewards for completing that tremendous task.... 10 cards of ezekiel's cane.  Disapointing to get just that for all those efforts.  But overall,  I can say that this was by far the most challenging event ever in this game. One of the best part of it was that it made all our teamates work together to help each other to find our missing missions.  We even elaborated a system of abreviations to ask quickly what we needed.  Exemple:   I need  RES r S,   which meant  I needed a "rescue rare with spikes in it" .  or ENC e A   = encounter epic armored...   and it went very well.  It was very satysfying to help find the right mission at the last minute for a friend... and vis versa.  We scheduled the bait at the beginning of each 8 hours cycles in order not to waste too many of them.   But the down point was that we totally lost the focus on the board missions and we lost around 20 places on the leaderboard ranking (from 30 to 50).  I think that Filipe's answer with the 2 changes will make a huge difference.  Some specific epic missions were VERY hard to find even with half the team looking for them...lol.     
    I agree with at bit of a challenge being fun, but this was just ridiculous. And if your team lost 20 places on leaderboard in order to do that event, you made a bad choice. You would have gotten way more rewards if you had focused on board instead. That was kinda the point of the complain, the event cost way more than you could gain. Do the math next time, save yourself the time and money..
    DESTROYEROFM3N