[Old Discussion Thread] Another “short” season with no mythic?

MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 147
edited July 20 in General Discussions
If you’re not going to have a new weapon or hero could you at least give us a longer season to be able to earn more cards?!?!? Please and thank you

Comments

• MorgenMorgen Community Manager, Staff Posts: 297
    edited June 9
    Hey @Miggz, Seasons normally have 4 Rounds, or 5 in very specific cases where the month or planned content requires it, we cannot change much around it or it will mess up the current plan.

I understand and I'm honestly very happy that everyone gets excited about new additions to the game (or most of you at least :)) but we've mentioned before that not every Season will have a new Weapon or Hero and that should be OK. We still need to keep a good balance between performance, quality of life improvements and new content, these are being worked on in the meantime. 
  • ShortyKaiserShortyKaiser Member Posts: 142
    edited June 9
    Wieder keine mythischen Karten.. Bin sehr enttäuscht. Muss ja nicht jedesmal eine neue Waffe/Vorteil oder Held geben, aber die Karten für die neuen mythischen Waffen sind längst überfällig. Schade 😥
  • RedsWorldRedsWorld Member Posts: 180
    Been asking for 5 weeks since it changed.  And after a few seasons they said they were going to and…… nothing 3 seasons later.  And if there’s no new mythic which they put in something somewhere misleading some of us because then I would not have committed to the season.  But a heads up is not what happens here.
    Gambit2204
  • Gambit2204Gambit2204 Member Posts: 7
    Hello NG, what is going on?
    I strongly agree with @RedsWorld and is it somewhat disappointing 
    With release 18.4 you announced a new mythic weapon. This one was supposed to appear soon. But after the mini season and now with the start of the summer season, no new weapon appears. 
    Hi everyone,

@RedsWorld I had to check that with the team since I wasn't around at the time. We have agreed to monitor and revisit this decision in the past - considering your feedback and actual data on players' participation. It turned out that the majority of our players are not actively participating in weeks 5 and 6 of the Seasons, so the Seasons had to remain at 4 weeks to keep the game fun and engaging for everyone. There will always be different opinions and preferences, we are a big community but the aim is to find a good balance that mostly works for all.

As for the Mythic weapon, I can understand where the confusion comes from and I apologise for that. Releases (app versions, such as 18.3, 18.4, 18.5, etc.) are different from Seasons. While Releases are usually the ones to deliver new features and content, there may be several Seasons running on the same release (app version). In this case, the Mythic weapon mentioned in the store for 18.4 and 18.5 is coming with the next Season. We did mention 18.4 contained "preparations for a new Mythic Weapon", and not the Mythic Weapon itself, but this could have been communicated better.

Lesson learned, I talked to the team this morning and we will make sure there are no hints of new features or cards until officially released. 
    Gambit2204
  • ShortyKaiserShortyKaiser Member Posts: 142
    edited June 10
    Sorry, ich verstehe es nicht so ganz... 
    Du sprichst von neuen mythischen Waffen und voreiliger Ankündigung. Meine Frage war aber, warum es keine Karten für die bisherigen mythischen Waffen gibt. Wie sollen wir die leveln, wenn es kein Event dafür gibt?
    Vielleicht kannst du mir das bitte noch beantworten Morgen. Danke Gruß Shorty 
    Hey Shorty, that's the usual event setup. So far the Leaderboards have offered Mythic rewards only when there was a new Mythic weapon introduced with that Season. Perhaps that's something we can improve on, I'll bring that up for discussion with the team.
    Calavera
  • CLAMHANDLERCLAMHANDLER Member Posts: 105
    In NG's defense, some folks from the community use to complain about seasons being too long, BUT that was before unlimited board progression. 

Maybe if timing permits it, you could test 1 more longer season to get a sample of player retention? I don't believe we've had an unlimited season longer than 4 or 5 weeks.
    Remorah
  • AsynjaAsynja Member Posts: 61
    The New Beginning Season almost a year ago was six weeks and it was awesome! Finally a chance to get what everyone wanted - more leg cards!
    But just as happy as we were we got it, just as quickly NG took it away.  And game is constantly loosing out heavy hitters since. There’s no incentive to play hard anymore 🤷‍♀️
    Remorah
  • CalaveraCalavera Member Posts: 113
    As a high level player I’m really looking forward to getting more cards for my mythics.  345 power means most missions are above the range where I can use them. And I only need 8 or 13 more to upgrade them. 

So it would be awesome to add some more cards for them to the prize pool. 

And having no mythics in the leaderboard reward is a straight cut to prizes. So increasing leg rewards in seasons with no mythic (or adding old mythics) would be appreciated. 
  • RedsWorldRedsWorld Member Posts: 180
    edited June 12
    Only the dedicated play the 6 weeks. And those are the players who spend money.  NG has done everything they can from keeping teams from reaching tier 100 because we were finally having awesome fun collecting legendary cards. 

The first 2 seasons of unlimited tiers were 6 weeks and the first 4 weeks was hauling butt to get up there and week 5 and 6 was when we were coasting getting 81, 85, 90 leg cards a flip.  Felt like you were finally taking care of us spenders.  Feeling like we can upgrade a leg card in a season or two instead of 5 years down the road.

Now it’s back the same BS leg pay outs.  And NG propaganda of player participation fall out.  They just don’t want to give leg cards!  Always fixing what ain’t broke.  For every great thing they do they take away 5.  So glad I don’t spend a dime on this game no more.
    Alright, we heard you! :) 

You may have seen the news - due to popular demand (being your demand and reviving similar threads :smiley:) we are giving this a try and bringing back the 6 week Season! The new season has just started with 6 full rounds. We will monitor closely to see how it performs, hope you enjoy it in the meantime! 

Any feedback is welcome as usual, have fun and stay safe!
  • HowgeeHowgee Member Posts: 33
    Morgan, you do a great job!
    Morgen
  • MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 147
    Thank you Morgen.  There’s quite a few noticeable changes that are not always the “big, flashy” changes that grab attention but show that finally, there are resources being re-committed to the.  Extending the season back to 6 was a nice change.  I realize the 4 week season might have been “easier” but it was a great source of frustration when some of the top end teams realized they were loosing up to 2500+ legendary cards those 2 weeks that were removed.  So, thank you again for at least being willing to give it another shot.  
      Secondly, something that has been missed for quite a while was the season breakdown where you let us know what events are coming.  While its a small thing, its a great tool for leaders to help plan the season for their teams.
      Thanks for all the hard work that you guys have put in and can’t wait to see what the future has in store!
    RedsWorldMorgen
    Thank you, it's great to hear the changes are appreciated.
    Keep the feedback coming and let's see how this Season goes :)
  • MiggzMiggz Member Posts: 147
    @Morgen if ya’ll could look into one thing….With the addition of the Whisperer Rescue Missions, the Skirmishes have become harder and harder to come by (I just spend an hour roaming in high spawn areas and through 14 flares and found a grand total of 21).  I think the ability to get rescues is a welcome addition, but the apparent reduction of regular skirmishes is making it extremely difficult to appreciate them.  Is there a way that the spawn could be reduced or even better, credit given as regular skirmishes as well?
    MiauCalavera
    edited July 20
    Hey @Miggz, to be honest, we went over that already before making the change and it was concluded that since the Whisperer Rescues are shared with both Whisperer Skirmishes and Rescue missions (and count as both Whisperer missions and Rescue missions) it shouldn't impact the frequency much. We could look into the tasks that require Skirmishes specifically, let's see. I'll share the feedback with the team and see if we can improve the algorithm. 

Let's keep the feedback relevant to the threads. This one is an older thread now that has already been addressed so I'll close it for the time being. For additional comments, please either post in a related thread or create a new one if there are no existing discussions. Thanks and stay safe!
This discussion has been closed.