🗣️ 19.0: General Feedback & Discussion Thread (Pro Patch 19.0 & Missions)

Comments

• PandaSMWPandaSMW Member Posts: 6
    edited September 14
    NG is going to have to ramp up their mission populating. I don’t have the time or want to waste an entire compass if I’m sneaking in a few missions on a break or right before bed or other times I have just a couple minutes. 
    I can’t even do my daily requirements now. I have one rescue and one encounter within range. Why bother even playing at this point. 
    SherwoodT
  • RemorahRemorah Member Posts: 112
    edited September 14
    I would also like to point out that the missions in ones home spot even change from missions to crates and back when coming back from flares… there are no missions there are no crates everything is pretty much gone… map server change or not this is not acceptable.  Not only this now the spots we have been playing for ever with history and the buildings kept there will fall…. You have literally destroyed what’s left of what we had here 
    SherwoodT
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 663
    Thank you for your continued feedback.
    CLAMHANDLER
  • Carl_twdCarl_twd Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone knows where I can read about Google maps no longer providing its map services for location-based apps? I played other such games but had not encountered this change issue. 
    RageBringerpaul3009SherwoodT
  • Marbo417Marbo417 Member Posts: 171
    Anyway... if ever there is a planetary zombie apocalypse.... Just come to my town in Quebec.  Zombies don't seem to like it.  You will be safe! 😅
    RageBringerLootSpawnCLAMHANDLERSherwoodT
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,903
    Thank you for everyone’s feedback!  NG is aware of the issue! 

Hopefully there’s a quick fix soon.
    CLAMHANDLERSherwoodT
  • ShortyKaiserShortyKaiser Member Posts: 141
    Ich werde jetzt definitiv mehr Zeit für andere Dinge haben... Denn so macht das Spiel kein Spaß wenn sich da nichts ändert, meine Lieblingsorte inklusive Unterkünfte sind weg. Mal sehen, ich denke, das Geld, was ich bisher ausgegeben habe, stecke ich in die Strom Abrechnung Ende des Jahres! Das macht mehr Sinn 
    RageBringer
    Lässt euch bitte was einfallen, wie ihr unseren Spielespass wiederherstellen könnt. 
    Ich befürchte, hier wird es sonst viele Spieler weniger geben in Zukunft. 
    Wir brauchen unsere Hotspots!!!
    Viel Erfolg 
    Gruß Shorty 
  • fumpi_the_secondfumpi_the_second Member Posts: 18
    @ShortyKaiser wie @zbot hier -> https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead-ow/discussion/50931/no-playable-missions-since-map-provider-change#latest geschrieben hat, ist sich NG dem Verhalten bewusst und hofft, dass "es bald einen fix" gibt.
    ShortyKaiser
  • RemorahRemorah Member Posts: 112
    I would like to add that even those that have updated the game can’t see the same missions flared by others updated… I set a rotten and an armoured rescue and both could not even be found by other updated players… I would also hope you can talk to your support team so they can better support the tickets we have sent asking for resources back that were wasted and extra that had to be used to try and handle this mess 
    SherwoodT
  • RageBringerRageBringer Member Posts: 15
    Carl_twd said:
    Does anyone knows where I can read about Google maps no longer providing its map services for location-based apps? I played other such games but had not encountered this change issue. 
    I have been searching, cannot find any mention of this from Google.  Maybe this is more of NG thing than a Google thing?
    edited September 15
    Here is the link to the deprecation announcement:

https://developers.google.com/maps/deprecations

@zbot any updates from the dev team yet?
    The new map still sucks cause there isn’t much to do..
    RageBringerEoghan
  • CatbirdCatbird Member Posts: 19
    We are also having the issue where people who have updated are not seeing the same missions. This is a really serious issue that causes wasted resources, especially during a season with very specific mission requirements like slims only in rescues and heavies only in encounters. If I go use compasses and flares that I have paid for to find these missions and share them with my team, it’s ridiculous that they aren’t seeing them. 
    RemorahJaycayduss_Jo_Noodles
    Wofür hat man ein Teamspiel, wenn nicht alle das gleiche sehen???
    Liebes Team, ihr müsst euch langsam mal äußern, ob an einer Lösung gearbeitet wird. Unsere Spieler sind unruhiger als die Zombies... 
  • lolocopter24lolocopter24 Member Posts: 32
    Game is done in its current format, players will leave in droves.
    Try using the same map supplier as Pokémon Go?

• paul3009paul3009 Member Posts: 7
    Dahlia said:
    Unfortunately as was mentioned in the Patch Notes for 19.0  Google has discontinued services for location based games. This means that Our World would be completely unplayable by anyone as there would be no maps to play.  This is not a decision that NG had any control over.  This also means that the maps will look different as they no longer use Google map points and data. 
    Then how come my other phone without the update works fine and I got the photos to prove it.
    If your gonna lie your gonna get caught
    Carl_twd said:
    You are right isn't it strange that only this game has the issue yet our friend dahlia lied about it
    Dahlia said:
    Thank you for your continued feedback as well as images of what you are experiencing between 18.5 and 19.0.  

NG will continue to look at feedback from the forums and through Support as they make decisions. 
    Wierd because I am playing using 18..5 it works fine with Google still, could it be your lying to us
  • DahliaDahlia OW Moderator Posts: 663
    @paul3009 I am sorry that you misunderstood what I said, so I will clarify it.  

First NG does not immediately disable previous versions of the app the second that the new version comes out. They allow 2 versions of the game to exist at the same time to give people the time to make the transition as the updated app does not always arrive to every regions App Store at the same time. After a bit of time the old version will be disabled and everyone will have to update to 19.0. 

Secondly Google has discontinued services for location based games. This does not mean that the second that they say that it is discontinued that it ceases to exist. They give developers  a window of time in which to make the transition to alternative services.

Thirdly NG is making sure that they transition to new map services ahead of the cut off date in which Google services would no longer work. They want to make sure that everyone has a functioning game and no one wakes up one morning to find a blank screen with no map. 

I hope this clarifies my earlier response and helps you to understand why your phone that is still using version 18.5 of the game still has a functioning map. 
    paul3009
    I might repeat myself, but… any updates on this possible hotfix?
    SparkleBears
    Dahlia said:
    @paul3009 I am sorry that you misunderstood what I said, so I will clarify it.  

First NG does not immediately disable previous versions of the app the second that the new version comes out. They allow 2 versions of the game to exist at the same time to give people the time to make the transition as the updated app does not always arrive to every regions App Store at the same time. After a bit of time the old version will be disabled and everyone will have to update to 19.0. 

Secondly Google has discontinued services for location based games. This does not mean that the second that they say that it is discontinued that it ceases to exist. They give developers  a window of time in which to make the transition to alternative services.

Thirdly NG is making sure that they transition to new map services ahead of the cut off date in which Google services would no longer work. They want to make sure that everyone has a functioning game and no one wakes up one morning to find a blank screen with no map. 

I hope this clarifies my earlier response and helps you to understand why your phone that is still using version 18.5 of the game still has a functioning map. 
    Garbage, they didnt want to pay, shall I go ask a friend of mine who works for google! 

You lot have screwed up fix it and stop making excuses
  • SparkleBearsSparkleBears Member Posts: 10
    This is SO bad guys!!!! Fix it!!! Up the mission count. Things are way too spread out. Can’t find any awesome groupings to flare. The bike price needs to come down if you want even a sliver of the average players to stick around. For the diehards: we are not happy!!!! I don’t like to complain, but you need to understand this is not ok long term. Listen to us and figure out how to fix this for everyone involved. Once a new player opens this game… they will delete it! This is complete rubbish! 
    RosieNuLootSpawnPeterMS_Jo_