Forum user name background story

BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
I know this post is not related to game directly, but I have been wondering last few days about how some of you came about your forum user names.
Since I joined this forum about a month ago, I've met some wonderful people here and I've become very interested in their user names when I read so many threads.
Let me start with mine.
I used to watch some very good Japanese animation series because of intriguing character development and the story.
One of my favorite series is called "Naruto" and it's about the story of an orphan in fictional ninja village becoming a hero at the end.
Unfortunately, this name was taken when I tried to register for the first time so I used "Boruto" name instead.
Boruto is only son of Naruto and he also follows his father's step.

And here are some examples of user names I got familiar with so far.

@SlickRick --- This one is easy, of course Rick is very slick and must be a good looking guy.
@DarkFae -- Hmm, very mysterious. Why Fae is dark?
@LostOnes -- I think he thinks we are lost and he'd like to help us.
@masmith93 -- I guess, Mary Smith and of course too many of them already thus 93 her favorite number.
@lmfgunnut -- ???? no idea
@Ovidmikel -- ??? no idea
@NCDawgFan -- I'm guessing he's somewhat related to U of George because of bulldogs in his thumb photo.
@Terminates -- Cool name
@PimpOfTheDead -- I like this name because it really fits well with NML theme.

Anyone else would be welcome to share their stories as well.
And of course, I respect your privacy so it's perfectly fine with me if you don't want to share your story.

Thank you for reading this post.
Boruto

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @eetu can't sleep?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    BorutoTheLostOnesSlickRick
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @eetu

Haha, sorry. I should do search first.
    That thread will satisfy my curiosity.
    Thanks for pointing out.
  • FurginatorFurginator Member Posts: 97
    @eetu good link to another similar post. Saves me time of explaining my name.
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    @Boruto I wonder about some peoples game names myself lol,
    If u wanted to know the origin of my name, it all started as a young lad in the streets of Alberta Canada lol. Been playing games ever since I could walk to the local store & plug my quarters into the old mz pac-man game & burger time. I would play those till my wrist be sore & do it all again the next day, back then u could only use 3 letters for your name & eventually I got tired of my 3 initials & even putting in a name so intead of leaving it blank, the letters p-m-p were so close together so all those machines top scores would always read pmp all the way down the board lol. Almost all games for intellivision, colleco & Atari when those consoles came out unfortunately u couldn't put in a name on them, so we had a notebook with our top scores written down signed by a witness. I believe it was when Nintendo & sega's came out were the 1st systems with save data, but most were still only 3 to 4 letters still I think? So was pmp or pimp, but stuck with it in the arcade as pinball machines & many other games were reading pimp or pmp across the boards for years lol. Now to sum this up, as many years went by & all the systems grew & expanded, where u could name your players,profiles,handles etc... Basically kept my name the same since a lot of leaderboards were worldwide & my characters wouldn't feel personal otherwise, but used variations of it, but mostly the name expanded to Pimpin or PimpinAintEz but in the last 3yrs expanded once again to PimpOfTheDead & kinda stuck with that lol. Also if you listen to the song called: who do you voodoo, from the dead island video game soundtrack also gave me inspiration for my new handle lol
    Boruto[Deleted User]
    @PimpOfTheDead

Wow, what an intriguing story you have!
    My sincere thanks for sharing your story.
    [Deleted User]
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    No prob @Boruto it all started as a lil pimp lmao, u should google the above song if u never heard it before lol
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Mine is my real first name and the initial of my surname.

Really inventive huh! ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    I was actually hoping @SlickRick was an ode to the famous rapper. Rick the Ruler!
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    L ucky M uther F racker as well as standing for the name my mother gave me. Gun nut...I used this handle to register on gunbroker, an online gun auction house and it popped into my head when the forum required a username.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

BorutoFatty[Deleted User]
    @TheLostOnes

Yes, I was referring you, haha somehow I forgot the "The". Thanks for your story.
    @lmfgunnut

Now it makes sense to me when I see your name.
    Thanks.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited May 2016
    Mine is from the band I play in. As for the origin of the band name...RIP Rob Bironas
    BorutoCarl_s_Hat
    edited May 2016
    @AzBewbs

Hahaha I didn't get the second part and after google it. ;) Thanks. I needed it this morning. Appreciate it.
    AzBewbs
    @Boruto Do you watch Silicon Valley on HBO?
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    @Boruto Glad I could assist :)
    @masmith93

I don't have HBO in my cable TV because I usually watch Netflix. But I've heard about it.
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    This has something for all.

Boruto
    @boruto Ask @slickrick for his login and password for HBO NOW/HBOGo. It's hilarious.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    I wish it was @ant that guy was a phenomenal lyricist!!

@Boruto

Mine actually was a nickname given to me my freshman year at the University of Illinois by my fraternity...it was a requirement for the older brothers to come up with a nickname for every pledge...a lot of the nicknames weren't flattering (one of my friends got Chewbacca lol)...I got lucky with mine though...thankfully I was already friends with several of the brothers...they said they gave me this one because of my propensity for putting in work at the bars and parties :)

It was cool at first but I kind of felt weird walking around with shirts or whatever that said "Slick Rick"...I never had a problem being confident but I've always disliked cocky people and felt like I was close to crossing that line...but it stuck and now I could really care less...so there you go that's my story :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Boruto
    @Ovidmikel

Sorry to hear that. nice of you. Thanks.
    OvidmikelFurginatormcbkhicks
    @SlickRick

See, I knew there must a longer story than just the name said. I knew U of Illinois had lots of fraternities but I couldn't even go to anyone's party because I was always hanging around at EE lounge and library.
    Wish go to back to college and do more parties.
    Thanks buddy.
    SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Boruto

Well I got good grades but you were definitely smarter than I was back then lol

We had some epic parties though...our Snow Jam party every winter was the best I've ever seen...we had a 2 story beer bong we would hang from the patio over our front door and watching people try to hit that was hilarious...and the number of people passed out in our front lawn the next morning was always a great sight...and a lot of stories that can't be repeated on here :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Boruto
    @SlickRick

Now I know why I like that movie "Old School" because I've never had that experience at college.
    Hahaha.
    SlickRick