PSA:Weekend Event: Increased Chance of Epic & Legendary Survivors! (NOTE: STARTING TIME UPDATED)

124»

Comments

• Basil4952Basil4952 Member Posts: 10
    What rubbish, I've used 60 radios (4x15) and got rare only. Out of 4. Scam.
    BigSnafu
  • BigSnafuBigSnafu Member Posts: 26
    The RNG was not kind to my guild or me. I spent 180 radios and got 2 epic survivors and 10 rares. What a load of crap! I'm thinking you guys sent the notice, but forgot to toggle the switch. C'mon, that's awful RNG!
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @SlickRick or anyone what time does the event end tonite
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @Ovidmikel

1 AM EDT Monday or 10 PM PDT Sunday. So you got about 7 more hours to burn your radios, buddy.
    OvidmikelSlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Ovidmikel

Sorry @Boruto is faster than me :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    BorutoOvidmikel
    @SlickRick he is quick on the draw. One of my guild mates just pulled a leg assault on a 1 radio call he had 3 left and tried it and whammo lol
    BorutoSlickRick
    edited May 2016
    @SlickRick and @Ovidmikel

Yeah I'm very fast and impatient. Haha.
    But I have a dilemma now.
    I still have 1030 radios left and the question is to pull or not to pull before the event expires.
    Here is my situation.
    I already got a legendary warrior(8/18) and another shooter(9/19) from my earlier two tries. But my only legendary bruiser is maxed out at 18. And I pulled an epic bruiser(11/19) from this event but he doesn't have gold dodge nor gold shield unlike the other bruiser. So should I pull again hoping to get another legendary bruiser with max level 19? Or don't bother the bruiser because he's not that useful.
    What do you think guys?

Oh I forgot to mention that I also need another legendary warrior that can be maxed to level 19.
    @Boruto @SlickRick @NCDawgFan just pulled a max lvl 19 epic hunter yes bought a bundle did the calls got a EPIC max 19 bruiser and some rares played got 13 radios couldn't wait so paid the gold for 2 more hit the button saying PLZ hunter hunter lol there he was I named him LUCKY LOLnot the best traits or a leg but hell def do. To answer your question boruto heck with 1000 + radios if you need something now's your best chance not sure when or what the radio tower change will bring but I can't save radios either lol
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Boruto

If you're looking for something that specific I would say your odds are going to be pretty low...but you'll always get more radios between now and the next event so I don't see the harm in burning them if you want to.
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    OvidmikelTheLostOnes
    edited May 2016
    "To be or not to, that is the question."
    - Shakespeare

"To pull or not to pull, that is the question."
    - Boruto
    edited May 2016
    @SlickRick and @Ovidmikel

Haha 4 minutes to go but I decided to save my radios for next event. I want to keep good feeling from this event.
    So you can say I chickened out. Haha and you can call me @SummerChicken. Hi @SpringChicken, Aren't you happy now that you have another chicken buddy in this forum?
    OvidmikelSlickRick
  • FearlessFreepFearlessFreep Member Posts: 52
    For all of the fan fare and hype about the allegedly increased percentage of epic and legendary I can honestly say it was pure unadulterated male bovine excrement. I burned over 260 radios last weekend. Out of that (and almost all were 15 radio calls) I got a total of 2 legendary survivors. One was a scout which was instantly trashed, the other was a assault which I kept. I had better luck with legendary and epics last year before the changes. If there was an increased chance of those two coming up I sure as hell didn't see it. The sole legendary assault I got on a single radio call

So far I have kept track of radio usage for more than a couple months. I have used almost 400 radios total and that was to try and get hunters. This last weekend using over 260 radios I succeeded in getting 3, rare hunters. So far that is a ratio of 100+ radios per hunter. By far the most common survivor to show up has been scouts followed by bruisers. Least common were assaults and certainly hunters.

Whoever has developed the algorithm for radio call choices has a severe recto cranial inversion, IMO.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637

I burned over 260 radios last weekend. Out of that (and almost all were 15 radio calls) I got a total of 2 legendary survivors.

That's actually not too shabby! We need to wait for OneLessTitan/blynkz totals from the data collection thread, but this might well be above average.
    TheLostOnes
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @FearlessFreep yeah, you were pretty lucky!
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Borutomasmith93TheLostOnes
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    eetu said:

I burned over 260 radios last weekend. Out of that (and almost all were 15 radio calls) I got a total of 2 legendary survivors.

That's actually not too shabby! We need to wait for OneLessTitan/blynkz totals from the data collection thread, but this might well be above average.
    For a normal week, sure. But for an "event" we only get to see every couple months, if we're lucky? C'mon ... seriously?
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    I understand Free to Play games don't want to give away the farm, need to encourage a few sales to keep the coffers humming - but some games do it right ... look at Candy Crush, fun to play without spending a dime but they are making money hand over fist, mostly from the "+3 turns" boosters. Others take the "milk the cow until it's dead" approach. After this last event, guess which one I'm starting to feel NML is taking?
  • Maximus_GrimesMaximus_Grimes Member Posts: 4
    Wasted 120 radios doing 5 and 15 calls with a level 8 radio tent... Didn't see a single legendary survivor. Saw one epic survivor that was a level 10 scout (virtually useless to me unless I want to spend a few million XPs to bring them up to remotely where I need). The rest I got were common, uncommon, and a rare or two. But again, anything I got better than common was 5 to 6 levels below where I need them to be.

Just kinda feel like they REALLY wanted me to buy radio bundles, put my money in the survivor slot machine, and hope it came out in my favor.

Disappointing. Maybe just really bad luck? Maybe something else... Who knows. Either way, really frustrating.