Donating Old Weapons/Equipment

I'd love the option to help out newer guild members by "scrapping" old equipment to them. I play with a friend who regularly gets rid of armour that's better than my best piece and he's mentioned multiple times that it feels like such a waste.
There should probably be a limit (i.e. you can give one guild member one piece of equipment per week, or no higher than __ level to donate to __ level players) but I think it would be an awesome social aspect and encourage guild participation. You could use it as rewards for active guild members if you're an elder or leader too.
Currently a member of Cowabunga guild -- recruiting active members, no minimum lvl/star count

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    As nice as this sounds between two friends, I guess this could be wildly abused in larger guilds, let alone multi-guilds that could swap out members to keep 'handing down'.
    This could allow some guilds to massivly train up younger players, much more than other guilds could offer.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    It also can lead to selling items for real money. :)
    zoson
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    Thats why you scrap em for xp ... help yourself, its the zombpocalypse ... >:)
  • _sheilador_sheilador Member Posts: 26
    I just find the amount of xp you usually get for a scrapped item isn't much. Especially if you've invested in upgrading that piece. We want to help each other out! It's so sad to see a legendary piece of equipment go in the garbage for a couple thousand xp when it could be someone else's best piece!
    Currently a member of Cowabunga guild -- recruiting active members, no minimum lvl/star count
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Give to the next why not, I like it.
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    no for me.. let the newbies find their own weapon, their own survivors, their own strategies. That's what we all do. so why would you make it easy for them? The easier the game, the faster they will get bored and quit. So let them go through what we all go through..
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    If this gets implemented:

Selling/trading: maxed legendary hunter rifle, level 16, silver lethal weapon, gold large calibre, gold interrupt, 280 attack. Will add a free epic hunter armor.
    $10 via PayPal, or trade to your epic/legendary warrior weapon + Paypal. I'll use my dummy account and join your guild to gift the item to you.

Get it? If there is a way to exploit a system, people will do so. Please learn from other game's mistakes (like Diablo 3's auction house. I earned around $2000 from that game from selling gold/items).
    Teeceezy
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I made a suggestion a while back about a market/trading.

29 replies to date and many shot the idea down, but check out the comment from @Overwatcher on November 27th.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/297/trading-post-market#latest

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!