The *UNOFFICIAL* Chart of Progression For The New Challenge System

The first chart details the progression of gas cost and level recommendation per star earned contrasted with the former system. The second chart details the individual reward progression contrasted with the former system. The third chart is unfortunately incomplete, but details the guild reward progression contrasted with the former system. Discuss. Enjoy. Cheers.

DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

antSlickRickakijestermasmith93TheLostOnestheRealBenderVintage_BullcreativeusernamedocfinzenburgOneLessTitan[Deleted User]zosonAvalon8CmlMarkgabriel_lwhJapes87

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    If you discount the several maps that allow you to progress much farther than normal, the new standard maximum will be 54 stars per map (point where it becomes lvl rec 22) allowing for a total of 324 stars per person. For those willing to take a hit to maximize stars, it is possible to reach 56 stars per map for a grand total of 330. Given these totals, high performers will cap out at 7500 TG in personal rewards, or 500 more than previous challenge system...but only once per week.

Addin bonus stars and you could potentially add in another 15 if very lucky. Not enough to reach the next tier, but a good push towards it.

Guilds will be similarly rewarded. Guilds that previously earned 7 rewards will still take in about 7500, those that previously earned 6 rewards will get about 6200 and those earning 5 will get 5000. This means that every guild earning at least 5 will perform the same or better on a per challenge basis, though they will only get it once per week. For the highest performers, this will be a 6500 TG shortfall each week.

System seems to answer the mail for those that were dissatisfied with the time commitment of the old system, but is only about half as rewarding in terms of TG. Perhaps a bump in TG rewards will be forthcoming to make the change a satisfying solution for all parties.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

theRealBender
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    So, under the prior system, an individual earning 100 stars received 4000 TG.
    Under the new system, an individual earning 120 stars receives 3900 TG.

Under the prior system, a guild earning 1,512 stars received 4000 TG.
    Under the new system, a guild earning 1,920 stars receives 3900 TG.

Am I reading that right?
    edited May 2016
    @dale you are reading it correctly, but the individual who previously capped at 100 stars should easily take in closer to 140 stars based on level reqs, bumping them up an additional 900 TG. Guild totals will be similarly increased.

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    I agree with @SlickRick, this is some nice use of Excel @Imfgunnut. I'm sure this is what Bill Gates originally intended....
    lmfgunnutSlickRicktheRealBender
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Too few trade goods for the escalation
    masmith93InspTurbines
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @lmfgunnut

Btw your signature is killing me every time I see it...especially the updated one :)

Oh and back to the topic so I don't go to jail...GREAT spreadsheet!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Ovidmikel
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    Thank you. Your hard work is much appreciated, truly. But why didn't you have it posted this morning?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    theRealBender
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Good job, @lmfgunnut. Don't let @masmith93 's smart ass comments discourage you.
    @masmith93 it was a labor dispute with NG. Seems they haven't agreed to my terms yet. I work for free, they give me a badge...seems fair enough. At any rate, you see I have no badge.

My love for the community finally broke me down. How could I leave so many in the dark about the new system over a shiny, pretty, special, unique, awesome, forum badge?

Ovidmikelmasmith93
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    edited May 2016
    No badge here, but I might be something that begins with ba... ;)
    You and Woodstock have definitely earned badges.

@dale you never have to worry about @lmfgunnut being discouraged by anything I say, we belong to the same club and speak the same language. :)
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    lmfgunnutTheLostOnesSlickRick
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,397
    Thank you for taking the time to make this , I shared with my guilds . I hope they tweak the TG results as well to at least keep par with what we were getting .. less TG per person per week will be the final nail in Outpost's coffin lol
    HUGH_G_BALLS
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2016
    @lmfgunnut the chart is awesome.
    Edit:
    Your effort is commendable!

Since signatures are clearly visible throughout the post and thus clearly on topic, you guys are cracking me up with the signatures!!
    masmith93
    Sad part is that I'm done with this week's challenge....or near enough. Few stars to cleanup from where I dropped a couple to check every star value.

Guess I'll do some XP farming!

TheLostOnes
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 544
    @lmfgunnut wow 66K gold. You put fort knox to shame. After buying a couple of survivor slots last event, I just cracked 100 again. lol.
    @creativeusername I don't know about nicer. @Teeceezy was able to get the forum to behave and accept formatting to post a chart during the last system change. Mine was all lumping together so I moved it to excel to keep it readable.

I bet there is an html tag for formatting a comma delimited string into a table. Once upon a time I knew enough BBCode to do a thing or two...but that may have been in the previous millennium.

edited May 2016
    @SgtSalami I keep hearing commercials on talk radio telling me to put my money into gold to protect it. Never realized I would find such an opportunity inside a video game, but who am I to question fortune. I'm cashing out my kids' college fund to buy more to act as a hedge against financial collapse.

TheLostOnesSgtSalamimasmith93
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    lmfgunnut said:

@creativeusername I don't know about nicer. @Teeceezy was able to get the forum to behave and accept formatting to post a chart during the last system change. Mine was all lumping together so I moved it to excel to keep it readable.

I bet there is an html tag for formatting a comma delimited string into a table. Once upon a time I knew enough BBCode to do a thing or two...but that may have been in the previous millennium.

Fair enough your modesty is duly noted. I was still really impressed with your effort @lmfgunnut
    lmfgunnutmasmith93
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    I don't mind to get less TG per week for me more important is 2 days break and overall less rush getting stars.
    Mystique
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    The new reward system is only good for high level players...thx NG :neutral:
    masmith93
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    @inv
    "..who previously capped at 100 stars should easily take in closer to 140 stars based on level reqs, bumping them up an additional 900 TG. Guild totals will be similarly increased"
    Amiga said:

@inv

"..who previously capped at 100 stars should easily take in closer to 140 stars based on level reqs, bumping them up an additional 900 TG. Guild totals will be similarly increased"

I´m personal maxed out at 140, sometimes lower...before this meant 5000 tg...now about 3900 tg.

My guild breaks even about 2280 stars and some more...before 5000 tg, now about 4900 tg :wink:

• SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 544
    @lmfgunnut lol....don't make me laugh...you just made me hurt my bruised ribs : P
    lmfgunnut
    @Invader under the new system you should be hitting 180 stars, so your reward will not be much less. However, is only once per week.

lmfgunnut said:

@Invader under the new system you should be hitting 180 stars, so your reward will not be much less. However, is only once per week.

Might be...but since there is only one challenge the rewards will be less then half :wink:
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    great work @lmfgunnut ! I only wish your mission car was a Prius so you could save some gold on gas costs!

As for NG, not so great work. The way I figure, I'll get between 9,000-10,200 Trade Goods over 5 days of challenges; having to play more missions and spend more gas to get to the RSL 20 and above missions to get the super slim chance of pulling Equipment that I can actually use, and only doing so once per week. Maybe I can squeak out another 1,200-2,500 TG by getting more stars if the grinding through all these lower level missions doesn't crush my will to play challenges.

Previously, I was easily getting 17,000-18,000 Trade Goods a week over 6 days of playing missions, and I'm not in a "professional" Guild so only 4,000-5,000 of those TG came from Guild Rewards. Maybe my math will be wrong, we'll see. On initial inspection, this new reward system blows for me, although I guess it may be slightly better for early-mid level players?

I feel like King Hippo, and NG is Little Mac....

Invader
  • krosslekrossle Member Posts: 51
    postet it already in the other thread

the old system compared to the new system, how much tg you got when you where able to do missions up recommended lvl X

yes if you where able to get 140 stars in the old system you should be able to get to 180 in the new one but this will give you only 4900 tg compared to 2*5000 tg in the same time in the old system...
    Invadermasmith93
    There is no doubt that trade good rewards are reduced, but I feel it would be poor form to begin the complaints already. This change was in response to months of begging by so many people that we go back to 1 per week. They did. Not NG's fault that we got hooked on bigger rewards in the meantime. Wish has been granted.

Mystique[Deleted User]
  • CrazyDCrazyD Member Posts: 456
    Awesome job @lmfgunnut Very helpful!

(Re)tired
    Mystique[Deleted User]