Does Epic Gear Crate worth to be opened?

BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
As we are getting close to current cycle reset, some of us who playing in outpost will receive some amount of TG for a reward. Thus I need to start thinking how to spend TG in most efficient way. I used to open 500 TG golden crate whenever I have sufficient TG. However, my supply storage is full now and I hate to see another supply tomatoe when I open golden crate. That gives me another option that is to open either 7500 TG legendary gear crate or 3500 TG epic gear crate.
But I recently discovered that the legendary crate provides mostly either scout or bruiser legendary gear at level 20 that I don't want.
Several weeks ago, I remember when I opened epic crate, it gave me very nice sets of weapon or armor I could use.
Those gear are not as good as the legendary ones, but at least they are useful.

So I'm very interested in what kinds of epic gear you got when you opened the 3500 TG epic gear?

My player level is 52 and all of my buildings are maxed out.

Appreciate any feedback.
Thank you.

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I've gotten good legendary gear from 1 of the three epic crates I opened.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Boruto
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @lmfgunnut

Nice to hear that.
    Was it base level 17, 18 or 19?
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    I also got legendary and epic, but below useful level for me. :(
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I think it was 17, but that was the right level at the time.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    edited May 2016
    When I get gear, I'm getting mostly base level 19 gear on 500 TG chest pulls. What I wouldn't give for some base level 18 epic or legendary Hunter or Warrior armour.
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    Oops, I thought you were asking about rare crates. I've gotten some good base level 18 from epics.
  • JAZZZMANJAZZZMAN Member Posts: 318
    @Boruto

I always get epic crates instead of legendary, at more than 2 for the price of 1. I think the gear level is the same (high), and you often get legendary gear for the price of epic. And sometimes the epic gear is fine, depending on your needs and what you already have.
    Boruto
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @JAZZZMAN

Thanks for the insight. Yeah I agree with on epic gear. Sometimes I upgrade epic weapon instead of legendary one because epic one has particular traits I think very important based on my extensive mission/outpost experience.
    Wish best for your WTC.
  • tunkytunky Member Posts: 538
    I doubt its worth it, i havent read the previous comments so idk what they say, why dont you just save a little more and buy legendary crates, or just buy a bunch of gold crates, you get all kinds of stuff out of them