WARNING - PLAYER NAME - PEAKYBLINDER

We had a player called PeakyBlinder join us for this challenge. They got 200 stars and left suddenly.

I trawled the internet and see PeakyBlinder does this a lot, joins guilds and leaves mid challenges in other games too.

Beware of accepting PeakyBlinder

So we are recruiting for one player to join us at TribalUK2

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    Could be the Diablo guy in disguise?
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    @johnnydives Did you promote him to elder?

@jester I would hope that NG banned him from the game but maybe not.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • DramaDrama Member Posts: 39
    Wow that's a bit extreme @masmith93. Maybe just wasn't happy with the guild. He could just be a teenager with ADD, at worst an asshole, but no reason to ban him
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    I'm not in a guild so maybe I am missing something obvious.
    But who cares if he leaves? Why is that an issue that requires a warning?
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    Hey @masmith93

We have had the same policy from the start that once a player reaches 150 stars then we promote to 'elder'

Although promoted they did no damage and didn't BANISH anyone, just left suddenly. I trawled the internet and found evidence of them doing this befoe in other games though so thought it prudent to post here so people who use the forums are at least aware. Those that do no use the forums unfortunately will not be aware so not sure what the answer is. The player didn't do anything wrong or cause our guild any problems except will of course be approx 300 stars down for this challenge and when you are pushing for 2nd place in the GB local table that does us no favours.

On discussion within the app chat, we have now amended that to 200 stars which a player must sustain that star count over 3 consecutive challenges.
    edited May 2016
    I'm glad no real harm was done and hope the person jester mentioned is no longer an issue. But it's good to be wary. People like that have a hard time walking away. Nothing speaks louder than the events of the last 24 hrs.
    I wouldn't automatically promote anyone unless I trusted them.

I've seen it happen on a small scale and heard of it on a large scale.

@drama - you've misread the post.
    blynknzlmfgunnutSlickRick
    @jester got it now. Still wow
    She was referring to Diablo. He would join guilds, get promoted then banish everyone. Created a lot of havoc.
    Yea I read about that guy. We should ban everyone who don't play how we want then.
    jester
  • _wendy__wendy_ Member Posts: 171
    If it had been Diablo you wouldn't have a guild left. Don't promote unless you trust them
    masmith93
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    Agreed. Think we dodged a bullet
    _wendy_
  • tunkytunky Member Posts: 538
    That is awesome
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @masmith93 so if your an elder you can banish someone just by hitting the banish button without other elders agreeing p.s. I may be looking for another guild we have a couple freeloaders in ours the leader being the biggest he hasn't gained any stars in 3 weeks and I think it's wrong how he can get all rewards for nothing hell he only has 780 stars EVER I hate leaving because of several guild members that Ive really grown fond of
    @Ovidmikel Elders can boot anyone except the leader. It also doesn't tell you who did the banishing. Your best bet if the leader is MIA, is to start your own guild and try to get as many active in your current guild to follow you - or leave to join another active guild.
    OvidmikelTheLostOnesSlickRick
    Yea I wasn't gonna try and banish him anyway I just think one elder being able to banish someone is a lil crazy seems like it should take more than one too agree to banish someone especially if it doesn't even show who did the banishing
    @Ovidmikel The guilds need a lot of work. :)
    OvidmikelTheLostOnesSlickRick
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    edited May 2016
    @jester @masmith93 @Ovidmikel @johnnydives
    Props to name!!
    Peaky Blinders is a GREAT F'ing series on Netflix!!!

Highly recommended. Shitty part is, for some reason, there are only six episodes per season.

Drunk edit:
    First two seasons currently on Netflix and end of May for all of season three.
    masmith93
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    Too bad he left you with 200 stars :wink:
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    @johnnydives this thread isn't exactly my business or have we really talked in 1 yet directly lol, but as I've been promoted in my guild to elder after a month & been there roughly 5 to 6 months or so, 1st of all the title of elder really means nothing lmao,
    But it does & in most cases seems to be & shows a sign of respect towards some players.
    I personally with all due respect, never promote a player due to the amount of stars they get or consecutively get over a certain amount of challenges, as that means nothing & yes especially in this game would be able to go postal whenever they want lol & banish the whole team just to b an a-hole.
    Most teams over time, get to know their players & develop different bonds through continuous gameplay, team chat, forums etc.....
    So my suggestion on promotions is only to promote the player after getting to know them through these above options & respect as a player not only for their star count, but on how much they overall participate in team chat, & their demeanor from interacting with the rest of the team as well, & respect they've earned by being helpful with tips & being informative to other players, the way they might even give words of advice & even encouragement to others with a positive attitude, not only the fact that they are able to get & keep a high star count on continuous basis but are they constantly keeping that star count at the same rate as for example your top 10? In order for everyone to collect larger amounts of tg all at once, instead of in spurts lol. There are a lot of factors in games & in real life that need to be considered in order to be a good leader or someone that the rest of the team will look up to & respect. Maybe the game needs more guild titles for players to shoot for, if it really means that much to people lol ??? But just like your gear a person needs multiple traits in order to be trustworthy enough lol, & things like banishing won't happen, not just a player that can jump at a moments notice but throws money at an app from time to time lol
    Ovidmikel
    edited May 2016
    @PimpOfTheDead I was in my guild about a month when I was promoted to elder for what that's worth our guild has only a 40star requirement nothing we have a few players get over 200 every week and most get between 150 200 what was cool is over half of us joined within a few weeks and we're all noobs and have progressed together theirs a few freeloaders in my opinion the leader being the main one and I'm not here bashing not that important at all Ii have been considering looking for another guild but hesitant because I enjoy and have got to know other members. The kicker is maybe a month ago the leader was bringing up we had decreased our star count and we may have to get rid of so and so for not making enuff stars when I don't remember him ever getting over 50 and alot of weeks none just made me feel like hey wtf that's sure the kettle calling the pot black seems like you reaping all the benefits and wanting everyone else to PLAY for it lol oh well Its my choice I've thought about seeing how the other members feel about starting another guild AND NO I CARE LESS ABOUT BEING THE LEADER and don't want to change our casual atmosphere most our team get along great we chat and have a good time chatting and joking quick makes the game that more enjoyable who else can I show a pic of the legendary rusted shovel with gold arc all excited like I won the lottery without them thinking I'm nuts lol.