Yeah! Rifle Bundles are here!

Comments

• JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    @EL34xyz you can play the waiting game too if you want. It's all your choice. I played the waiting game with weapons and I still do now at high levels

I went from a leg 16 hunting rifle to the leg 19 hunting rifle. Then soon after that I got both epics that I use now

My shooter went from a leg 11 to leg 14 to leg 17 to leg 20. I wait for the "perfect" weapon and armor
    @EL34xyz you can play the waiting game too if you want. It's all your choice. I played the waiting game with weapons and I still do now at high levels

I went from a leg 16 hunting rifle to the leg 19 hunting rifle. Then soon after that I got both epics that I use now

My shooter went from a leg 11 to leg 14 to leg 17 to leg 20. I wait for the "perfect" weapon and armor
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Can't wait, I need a new rifle now :)
    SlickRick
    @SlickRick I agree with you. I have 2 leg assaults. I can either have one at 55% dodge/luck combo and the other at 45% or I can go for 40% and 60%. I prefer the former combination when using both together over the second combination
    SlickRickmongo911
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @SlickRick

Many thanks for your free consultation.
    And you seemed to be very logical so I'd like to give you another nickname, Mr Spock.

Mr Spock,
    What's your advice on how to take care of those L23 walkers heading to our ship?
    SlickRick
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    I don't believe the software allows the Dumb Outpost Defender to know which attacker has a better up leveled weapon...

Victory is in relatively equal shots...

( if your stronger attacker in a Outpost raid dies, before you get the Flag/Kill, than the others, you have left, really are disadvantaged... )
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @JVC_TWD

Yeah there's really no right or wrong way and a lot depends on what kind of team you're carrying into that specific scenario...I tend to always have 2 hunters so I prefer a balanced aspect...especially at level 21 or higher where chances are greater they're both going to be in the middle of a shit sandwich :)

@Boruto

My ears aren't that big...gee whiz you're mean :)

My advice on the level 23s is shoot and pray...then dodge and pray
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    zoson
    I finally found you, @TheLostOnes.

Hey @NCDawgFan guess what, now we are one happy triplets in NML world.
    SlickRickTheLostOnes
    @NCDawgFan

I know you didn't find your "golden goose" in a reward per se...but I swore I would buy Kleenex stock when you got your rifle and I'm a man of my word...now I just need to find Kevin Spacey's phone number so he can help me with setting up my ETrade :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Boruto
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    I think da Dawg will now be painfully happy...

And continually gloat, the way all Georgia Dawgs do... Sigh...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

SlickRick
    @SlickRick I take 2 hunters as well. My main 5 survivors all have interrupt. And the lowest dodger is 45%. Only 2 of those survivors are legendary and they're both assaults
    SlickRick
    @JVC_TWD

That's like tailor made for the higher levels :)

Obviously all legendaries would be nice...but I've always thought a lot of people make too big a deal between something epic and legendary at the same level when the difference isn't all that substantial...I guess you're the "proof is in the pudding" for that theory haha
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @SlickRick who needs etrade. Just give my broker in Nigeria a call. He only takes money orders though.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRick
    @lmfgunnut

Whew close call...I almost dialed Kevin!

I totally forgot about your super-secret, extremely reliable, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the Nigerian prince...I'll call him ASAP with my bank routing info and checking account number!!

Good looking out for a friend...I owe ya :)
    i mainly want the legendaries for the extra trait not really the extra 50+ power and 60+ defense @SlickRick

I just can't seem to get a legendary hunter or shooter. I found like 3 scouts but retired them all.
    SlickRick
    @SlickRick My pleasure, friend. Hate to see people pay those high transaction rates online. According to my last statement, my Nigerian Prince broker has quadrupled my money in just the last 6 months! And he only charges half a percent annually. It was a bit difficult setting up the international direct deposit so I could put money directly from my paycheck into my account with him. I didn't even know that my company had a fraud detection unit...at any rate, I assured them it was perfectly safe.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRick
    @JVC_TWD

Yeah I agree that extra trait is FAR more important than the ratings difference!!

I'd send you one of my extra hunters and shooters if I could...but I hear they frown upon that behavior and I have to be good! Keep the faith my friend...you just need to breach that floodgate :)

@lmfgunnut

As soon as you forward me the email with incoherent and broken English I'm in :)
    I get mad when I see ppl with multiple legendary hunters and shooters lol. But my epics have great traits. Both have dodge and luck @SlickRick
    SlickRick
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Boruto said:

@SlickRick

Ohh I see. Now I know why people like luck over interrupt. But, if your survivor has no dodge trait yet, then luck will not help dodging in that case. So I came up with perfect solution for my 2 hunters.

Give Clint the rifle with interrupt since he has no dodge trait yet.

Give Johhny the rifle with luck because he has dodge trait.

What do u think?

Thanks, and you are always wise. Are u born with wisdom? I bet you have multiple wisdom teeth.

Survivors have a base chance to dodge and a base chance to crit. So even if you don't have dodge or crit on any items, luck still gives you 15% bonus to those two things.
    SlickRickTheLostOnes
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Johnbert said:

the .388 with silver interrupt would be perfect!

I agree with you. Silver interrupt, Gold luck and gold wide caliber. That one I would buy.
    zoson
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @LadyAquila That's the best possible rifle. I can't fault NG for NOT making the best rifle something you can buy. That's really rubbing salt in the wound of F2P players. I think this reasoning is probably why none of the items ever given to us were the 'ideal' trait composition.
    edited May 2016
    I have 1 lvl 21 rifle with silver interrupt, gold luck and gold wide caliber. It is the reason I'm not buying a bundle right now. My other two hunters are toting lvl 20 rifles, but I'm holding out on updating those because they are perfectly fine and I have a few lvl 19's in the queue for when that is possible.

zosonSlickRickTheLostOnes
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Yeah, you're probably right, @zoson, but it's hard to spend real money on something that is not "perfect". (Although by this thread there are many ideas of the perfect rifle.) I lucked into a 18/21 legendary rifle with 2/3 characteristics in a gold box on a deadly mission, so I can afford to be picky on this one. ;)
    zosonTheLostOnesSlickRick
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    zoson said:

Survivors have a base chance to dodge and a base chance to crit. So even if you don't have dodge or crit on any items, luck still gives you 15% bonus to those two things.

@zoson Interesting tidbit there regarding base dodge chance even without any kind of trait. The crit chance I already knew, but not about dodge.

Was just going to point out to @Boruto that even if his hunter Clint didn't have the dodge trait unlocked, the fact his armor has the dodge trait, effectively gives him the dodge ability. But I always thought that if you had no dodge trait anywhere, you're not going to dodge.

Another example, I have an assault with gold luck, no dodge. Her Weapon has gold luck. If I give her the highest defense armor (no upgrades) she has good health but no dodge.
    If I give her a fully upgraded suit with gold dodge, but several levels below, her health is much lower, but she goes from zero dodge to 45 dodge.

Or, at least that's what I thought, happy to be wrong about that :)

• tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    I would like to buy a bundle but the good ol disconnect issue has locked me out of iTunes...lol only on this game though...my other games are fine...NG's loss..

Although mine too...just spent an hour in the attempt...that and the play disconnects are taking me to the limit...of all the things wrong with the game, the disconnect will be the reason I leave...and it's looking like this weekend if I can't stay connected long enough to play or purchase :(

Xoxo

Lmao...don't all cheer at once!!
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Lol so in the last seven minutes since I typed that ^^^ I made 5 more attempts...on the fifth try...disconnect...

....tantrum time fast approaching

I give up for now...gotta go earn some $ to spend on another game

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I wish I could give a deep philosophical reason for not buying of these rifle bundles, but in reality I'm just dead-ass broke until next paycheck (which isn't until next Thursday). That gold interrupt/gold bore looks pretty sweet, though ... :'(
    After going through all posts in this thread, it looks like Harrier rifle with gold luck, gold interrupt is best rifle for me because I only play in outpost and I use interrupt a lot when I handle fully maximized defending walkers but I sometimes wish my Hunter has a luck when he gets ambushed by hidden walkers. So time to buy the third rifle like @SlickRick. Haha
    SlickRick
    Good choice...that's my favorite too :)