Yeah! Rifle Bundles are here!

12346»

Comments

• UmfUmf Member Posts: 43
    Awesome team @SlickRick !
    I love all those traits, specially luck + dodge gold on survivors.

I got the two gold bore rifles, and I'm thinking to get the one left, with luck + interrupt..it looks good on Sasha :)
    SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Umf

Thank you! Yeah I bought all 3 bundles...I just liked this combo better with Rick and Sasha...Rick can clear out more and then Sasha has interrupt...I usually run those two with Glen (shooter) who has full interrupt as well...I was running no problem before and now it should be even better!

And yeah that gold dodge is nice stacked with all that luck...or even silver dodge does the trick since it's only 5% less.

Best wishes with your new rifles :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Umf
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    SlickRick said:

@PR0DJ

I wouldn't say a HUGE difference especially at the current level...but down the road with the next couple updates you might notice more of a difference...but of course by then you may just find better rifles naturally...if you value your real-life money I would hold off...if you're like me and don't then I would say do it :)

I will just buy next bottle of whiskey and will see tomorrow if I bought something in game.

Your Glen looks Mongolian btw.)
    SlickRick
    edited May 2016
    @PR0DJ

I like your way of doing things...much more fun than my analytical approach :)

And yeah good call on Glen lol...NG's random character generation coding is amusing to say the least!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @SlickRick

Haha. Yeah I can see every survivor has gold luck.
    Man, I didn't know you are that serious about luck.
    Now, come to think of it, I understand why you rejected a bunch of legendary survivors when u pulled all your radios during last event. Those poor guys had no gold luck? Right?
    Yeah, I also know how important the defense is.
    People say good defense is good offense.
    I am not sure if you remember 1985 Chicago Bears Super Bowl champion. They won the championship by dominant defense! I wish I can show the link pointing to their defense tribute video called "Super Bowl Shuffle" because I'm using phone now.
    But check it out in YouTube video.
    SlickRick
    @Boruto

I figured it would make you chuckle...and it doesn't have to be Gold Luck per se...I'm fine with Silver Luck if that's the best option...I'm just down for anything that will improve several traits as opposed to one.

If I was given choices say between being really fast or being faster/taller/stronger/more agile/funnier I would choose the 2nd one ya know?

And yeah I loved that Bears team...I was 7 at the time and had the actual Super Bowl Shuffle video on VHS...also had the poster hanging on my wall...that team was full of characters...and probably the most dominant defense I can remember!! Good times :)
    Boruto
    @SlickRick

Haha, good to hear you still remember it.
    BTW, Glen looks more like Genghis Kahn when he was a young warrior.
    SlickRick
    @Boruto

Haha he sure does :)
    @SlickRick

Going back to about how luck can stack with other traits. What about shied trait? Does luck also increase the effectiveness of shield?
    edited May 2016
    SlickRick said:

@PR0DJ

I like your way of doing things...much more fun than my analytical approach :)

Actually I am doing analytical approach.
    I calculate and I'm thinking how much I can spend on this game which is happened to be the most expensive than other games combined for 27 years of playing on PC (because I just downloading cracked versions from torrents and I don't play much on my phone).

But now calculations often ends up very simple: 30$ I spending on Jack Daniels and 80$ I spending on fake street cocaine.
    So analysis shows that I rather skip one bottle and buy virtual riffle for one month use or I skip one gram of fake street shit and buy two maxed level rifles.

Simple math.

But I need to be at least 200ml drunk to not regret spending money on any of that.
    BorutoSlickRick
    edited May 2016
    @Boruto

Are you talking about reduced damage on the survivor and/or armor? If so no the luck doesn't stack.

Edited this so I don't confuse anyone with my idiotic brain fart :)
    @SlickRick

Yes, I'm talking about reduced damage.
    That's very good. Is there any stat showing what % luck adds to other trait?
    For example, survivor has gold dodge that is 15%. Then he has also silver luck on his trait.
    Then what should be overall % of dodging?
    25% assuming silver luck adds 10%?
    SlickRick
    edited May 2016
    SlickRick said:

@Boruto

Are you talking about reduced damage on the survivor and/or armor? If so yes the luck stacks

WHAT? No, man, I don't think so.
    How can luck stack to damage reduction? It is not a "chance" to which luck can stack on.
    It is simple "damage reduction shield" that reduces some amount of damage in 100% cases.

If I got it right - luck stacks to any chance of something - so it will stack to dodge chance, crit chance, swift strike chance and interrupt chance.
    SlickRick
    @PR0DJ

Very good point and I kind of agree with on that about luck may not stack on shield.

Anyone else agree with @PR0DJ ?
    edited May 2016
    @Boruto

Yes you're on it...gold dodge and silver luck would increase the dodge to 25%

And @PR0DJ is right about the reduced damage...I wasn't paying attention when I typed that...it stacks on the stuff he was talking about

Sorry buddy didn't mean to confuse you...I've been stuck on "dodge" all day :)
    Boruto
    @SlickRick @PR0DJ

All clear to me now thanks to your expertise.
    Hope anyone reading this thread especially newbies find very useful info about luck.
    Haha I always thought when I see the luck trait, I didn't take it seriously because I thought luck is luck and it's nice. But I didn't know luck can stack on other traits before.
    People say knowledge is power! Yes it is.
    That's my million dollar answer to why I come to this forum everyday seeking KNOWLEDGE!!
    SlickRickggbats
    SlickRick said:

@Boruto
    Sorry buddy didn't mean to confuse you...I've been stuck on "dodge" all day :)

Yeah, its easy to get obsessed with dodge+luck - it is life saver.)
    BorutoSlickRick
    @Boruto

You'll see the dodge traits come more into play once you're in our guild and get to the high levels of challenges...it helps but isn't quite as imperative when raiding!

@PR0DJ

Yeah tell me it about it haha!! Thanks again for catching my brain fart...I should be banished temporarily for that :)
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,431
    The recent rifle bundles for sale may help explain why I couldn't pull a decent rifle from my gold crates these last couple of weeks. Call me cynical. >:)
    SlickRickBoruto
    @SlickRick

FYI, I'm so happy I got another legendary shooter during last event.

Whenever I raid, I used to take following team.

Assault, shooter, hunter

Now with this new team, I almost never spend any gold:

Assault, shooter, shooter

So now my 2 hunter guys are waiting for actions. Maybe they are more useful in challenge mission.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Didn't buy any of the bundles, but I pulled both of these this weekend on deadly missions
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickTheLostOnes
    @lmfgunnut

Very nice.
    I bet @SlickRick will reject both rifles because none of them has no luck trait, just kidding.
    I'm done for looking those rifles because I already upgraded 2 of them after bought.
    Now I need base level 19 legendary armors for my range weapon team. Please let me know if you come across them. Thanks.
    SlickRick
    @lmfgunnut

Pretty awesome pulls as rewards...not all that different from the bundles really...and yeah Luck is nice but I think just about anyone would still take a level 18 base legendary rifle if even for just a backup :)
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @lmfgunnut you lucky mother! I'm sure legendary rifles you pull from crates taste much better than purchased ones.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SlickRick
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I already leveled one twice. But now I just need more XP. Never ends.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRick
    @lmfgunnut

Yeah I hear you!! I did the Harrier and Buzzard this weekend but now I'm debating whether to go for the Old10...it's awesome to have these new rifles but I'm almost XPed out :)
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @SlickRick

That's a great looking survivor crew you got, man. More importantly, they actually look like survivor-fighters in an apocalypse. My legendary crew mostly looks like a bunch of old ladies took a wrong turn on the way to senior Bingo night, and ended up in my camp.... :smiley:

Nice!
    BorutoSlickRick
    @SpacemanSpiff

Hahaha. Thanks I need that one today.
    SpacemanSpiff
    @SpacemanSpiff

Thanks buddy! I have more I just felt like that was already too many pictures haha...so luckily I showed the ones I use most who just happen to look more badass or like grizzled veterans of the apocalypse!

I'm sorry about the looks of your crew...but if they fight like some of the old ladies I've seen at Bingo Nights before I think you're in fine shape in that department at least :)

Btw did you buy all of the rifle bundles too?
    SpacemanSpiff
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    Yes, I bought them all. This is a good thread too