Rotating Weekend Events - What Do You Think?

Monthly
1. Double XP
2. 5 Minute Gas
3. Triple Scrap

Bi-Monthly
1. Increased Survivor
2. Double Tomato

Would love to get your guys feedback!!!
TheLostOnes

Comments

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    HAHAH TRUE THAT! I think the events are bandaids too.
    mongo911
    They should hold the survivor cap at 18/19 for now, so that more medium tier players can level up to advanced players so there are more advanced players to make the Outpost matching system thrive vs. upping the ceiling and escalating the game without increasing more number of users at the top tier cohort, on a relative basis. More players need to graduate to the top cohort level to increase activity in the TG/raid system
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I don't necessarily agree with holding the cap on survivors to allow others to catch up. You can't make everyone happy and if the cap is held too long you risk boring out other players at the expense of trying to level the playing field. Also why grind day in and day out to improve if you're going to hit a wall that allows others to catch up. It's a little like not keeping score in youth games because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Not everyone spent lots of money to become advanced players they did it through skill, tenacity, going without sleep, farming while driving and risking death, or spending a little bit of money. A solution should be found that doesn't penalize someone for their hard work. Just something to keep in mind. For outposts it doesn't mean that you have to be a top covert level to be active in outposts. There's plenty at the top who don't need to be there and plenty at the bottom that don't need to be there. If they would ever figure out matchmaking and fixing the shield then huge differences in player levels would be even less of an obstacle.

Weekend events are nice but instead of coming up with a rotation schedule I would rather them fix the XP balance SOONER than later.

I do like the combo events like this past weekend, more XP with a fast upgrade was nice. I wish one minute gas came around more often and they do a good job of giving us the radio call event every 4-6 weeks which is just about right. Fix XP system and we probably won't need a triple scrap every 4 months. I have really missed the horde too but I think it would have been hard pressed to beat out this weekend's event. They really hooked us up with extra XP that wasn't mentioned like some crates that seemed more than double XP.
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    The XP is probably last on their list as it might interfere with gold sales. I think that's the opposite of what would happen as it's happy players who spend, not pissed off players. They're putting up flash graphic after flash graphic to sell bundles, but the screen rotation still hasn't been addressed. Simple things to fix, but that's not their priority.
    Yea perma fix for the XP issue in the next few weeks hopefully
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    SlickRick said:

Let them focus on fixing the core problems first before worrying about "events"...and don't get me wrong I love the "events"...but they have bigger fish to fry

@SlickRick I couldn't agree with you more regarding this matter.
    SlickRick