Armour Bundle

Am I the only player who would like to see NG offer a nice armour bundle sometime soon? If we could select/purchase legendary armour for the class of choice, all with fixed traitS to include gold dodge and luck, I would be as interested in that bundle as I was in the three rifle bundles this past weekend. I just have had terrible luck finding great armour for my hunters and warriors.
SlickRickTheLostOnesFester17[Deleted User]DalemcbkhicksratonMystique

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I agree 100% and I had also thought about suggesting it here @NCDawgFan!

And yes, make it like the rifle bundle where we get 3 options.

Obviously, given armor is less sexy than weapons, NG would have to offer such bundles at a lower price, though :)
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @NCDawgFan

This is a good idea...at least it would be a different option for those that want it! It would have to be silver health, gold dodge, and gold reduced damage though since there is no luck on armor :)

You should have them move this to Suggestions and Ideas...you never know they may take a look!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Stop being so willing to pay for this stuff or ngo will take more of the good stuff out of the in-game drops.
    lmfgunnutlimeyjohnmcbkhicksCml
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    At higher levels I feel like the +health trait does very little. 50 for silver and 75 for gold on the grand scheme of 1000+ HP seems like a waste. Originally gold was 150, silver was 100, and bronze was 50. That would basically be 15%, 10%, and 5% values on average at the current max level 21 equipment.
    TheLostOnesSlickRick
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @zoson, yes, so iron skin as second golden. Ideally, make it a unique armor, perhaps one that acts like what armored walkers have with 50% damage reduction for bullets. Would shake outpost up!

@DarkFae you're right, I need help!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    [Deleted User]zosonSlickRicklmfgunnut
    edited May 2016
    @zoson

I agree with what you stated but the wrestler trait is pretty much a waste on most levels because it's better to not get into a struggle to begin with. So unless ngo adds another trait option I would prefer to go with the increased health/tough skin/dodge combo the most when it comes to armor.

@TheLostOnes

I'm thinking about staging an intervention for all of you :P
    zosonTheLostOnesggbats
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    @NCDawgFan I concur lol, or they should really just give us in game weapon & armor vendors which we could pick & choose gear we might want for our survivor types & they could switch up items once in awhile & we just use gold to purchase it lol
    SlickRickTheLostOnesOvidmikel
    @PimpOfTheDead

I volunteer to be a vendor...I'm good at selling things and have a reasonable idea what the NG community likes :)

Please consider me for said position!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    TheLostOnes
    Right, I was basically saying that both +health and wrestler are not very useful. I do agree the +health is marginally better... But ultimately if I have gold dodge and gold DR on a piece of armor... I really won't care what the silver trait is.

Luck on armor would be really game breaking. That would allow us to get up to 75% dodge! I think that armor needs two or even three brand new traits to make armor more interesting like weapons and survivors. Maybe one new trait that can go on all armors, and then one unique trait per class? So like weapons there would be a special warrior armor trait, etc. @TheLostOnes I really like the reduced bullet damage idea, but I also feel like only Bruisers and Assaults should get that trait. None of the other classes wear 'heavy' armor.
    TheLostOnesSlickRick[Deleted User]
    @zoson

I'm not the super creative type so I'm just spitballing here...if this has flaws or is just plain stupid you can tell me :)

What about a Repel type trait? You could do it like dodge or crit chance where it stacks with Luck...could use it to where say a walker/savior gets within 1 grid of you then you have a chance to repel him say a few grids away...would obviously help more with melee attackers but I think it could also increase strategy if they get "shot" randomly away...I would think it would be interesting at least
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    How about adding the armor wear into the graphic just like an outfit as a special perk? Some of those armors have the potential to look cool but they don't show on your character.
    SlickRickDoTak
    @SlickRick I think a knockback(I think it's more common to say knockback) would be a good fit for the game, but I also think that knockback tends to be an effect for people using blunt weapons only. So it would end up being limited to the bruiser. Also, probably couldn't knockback a tank, just like we can't stun them. Stun, Interrupt, and Knockback overlap somewhat in their purposes.
    SlickRick
    @SlickRick lmfao I kinda meant in camp shops with ai vendors lol, but I guess that could work also
    SlickRick
    @zoson

Thanks for the input! I figured it wasn't the best idea but thought I would try for once...I'll go back to my boring analytical and rational approach :)

@PimpOfTheDead

You can put me in the game I don't mind...my employees don't really need me at this point anyways lol
    @SlickRick's shop of goodies lol
    SlickRick
    @PimpOfTheDead

It's got a certain ring to it :) First thing I would add to the menu is XP...among many other things!!
    @jester

I like that idea...anything that is a roll of the proverbial dice is intriguing!!
    jester said:

How about armor with a 50 percent chance of negating a stun?

How about bronze 5%, silver 10%, gold 15%... Affected by luck! Would fit nicely with the current way things work, and would be applicable to all survivor types.
    SlickRick
    @zoson

Oh yeah I like that one too...primarily because I'm already so heavy on Luck :)
    *Possible Spoiler Alert*
    SlickRick said:

@zoson

I'm not the super creative type so I'm just spitballing here...if this has flaws or is just plain stupid you can tell me :)

What about a Repel type trait? You could do it like dodge or crit chance where it stacks with Luck...could use it to where say a walker/savior gets within 1 grid of you then you have a chance to repel him say a few grids away...would obviously help more with melee attackers but I think it could also increase strategy if they get "shot" randomly away...I would think it would be interesting at least

@SlickRick I think this idea is interesting and can mesh with both the show's mythology and the game. In the show people cover themselves in walker guts to walk among the walkers and not be noticed so working that into a trait that can be added to the armor that once charged up will allow the survivors to spend a turn or two walking among spawn and not get noticed would add an interesting element to the game. It would be like interrupt 2.0 because it could interrupt more than one spawn at a time.
    SlickRick
    @DarkFae

Yeah I like the way you put that and it's a great idea...much more eloquent and coherent than mine...I'm feeding you any future game ideas I have to present to the public that way you can put your "gloss" on it first :)
    [Deleted User]
    @SlickRick

Thank you for your kindness but it was your idea. I just had the vision to recognize that it was a really good one is all because sometimes it's a good idea to look past the immediate when problem solving and/or brainstorming and view things from a "how will this affect the whole angle" but I'm sure you already do that sort of thing all the time being a business owner.
    SlickRick
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @SlickRick @zoson you guys are missing The obvious scout armor trait. 15, 25, 35% "unnoticed". Stacks with luck. Chance to avoid aggro (per walker) until attack. Even after attack only the walker that was attacked has guaranteed aggro.

Maybe available for anyone in light armor, but shooting would negate the whole thing so maybe not
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickzosonTheLostOnes
    @lmfgunnut

It would make scouts more useful for sure...especially if you had 30% luck stacked with the gold one to give you 65% chance...it would be a strategy play for sure
    zosonTheLostOnes
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    I think the wrestler and health stats are the most useless stats on armor. Dodge, damage redction and luck would be optimal. In the end game when you already have 1k hp, the 50hp add is like spit in the ocean.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Thanks for the suggestion guys!
    SlickRick
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I actually pulled a base level 18 legendary hunter armour from a 500 TG chest tonight. It has gold dodge and gold iron skin. It is WAY better than my current best hunter armour. Now that I have leveled up my Buzzard and Harrier, I will start on this new armour right away. Maybe just posting about it helped me finally get my first legendary hunter armour!
    OvidmikeljesterLadyAquila