New Challenge Schedule Broke My Guild

(I know there is a thread about the new challenge schedule, but I wonder if this deserves some extra attention)

The new challenge schedule has caused my entire guild to give up on earning stars, period. This isn't just a preference issue or a minor nuisance, it is enough to make an entire team of players completely quit. Its sad, really.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat?

Comments

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Its super low end grinding with a lot of expensive gas and the rewards dont compensate for lost opportunities in exploratory missions which themselves have gotten stale
    sigmaphi465LadyAquila
  • sigmaphi465sigmaphi465 Member Posts: 110
    @Sipher07 - You hit it on the head...if I only have 30 minutes to play, I am not going to spend it on such meager rewards when I can advance so much faster in supply/xp runs.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @sigmaphi465

Out of curiosity did your guild disband completely or just go on strike because of the new challenge schedule?
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    javajnkie
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    No one has happy with the TG rewards. Many have commented that they see gold crates at the low levels and few to none at the higher levels. Most would prefer if the challenge was available all weekend.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    sigmaphi465JadenTheLostOnes
    @SlickRick - Good question, I should have clarified. Technically, the guild is on strike. However, I don't know if this is necessarily relevant because if no one likes the challenge schedule, then joining another guild wouldn't solve the problem. I suppose no one has pulled the "disband" trigger because of a lack of concern. Bottom line, there is nowhere else to go, right?
    @sigmaphi465

I was just curious...and it really depends on if the pros of playing the game outweigh the cons for you personally...there are many thousands playing and liking the new challenge schedule...my guild has no problems with it but we're pretty laid-back and don't get too riled up about stuff...but I do agree that the new rewards stink.

Just decide what is best for you personally and take it from there...good luck with whatever you decide :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    sigmaphi465TheLostOnes
    @SlickRick - Well said, my friend. One of the few things I accept as true is that a single change cannot make everyone happy. In fact, in this environment, there appears to be a multitude of people who become downright angry when someone moves their cheese. I hope the case of my guild is not the norm because that would prove the recent change as decidedly unpopular. If that is the case, I suppose the development team would like to know...
    SlickRickLadyAquila
    @sigmaphi465

Very true and well said! Going to be like that with any popular game...nothing fazes me anymore after playing GTA to be honest...the complaining on here in 1 month equals about 1 day in GTA world.

And no matter what they do with the challenges there are going to be many for and many against it...just the nature of the beast...best you can do is speak your peace respectfully and logically and hope it registers somewhere :)
    sigmaphi465
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    We have not see the mutitude of players that were constantly whining about the 2 challenge schedule on here singing the praises of the new schedule, that's for sure. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.
    sigmaphi465
    @NCDawgFan - True that! Perhaps the consequence of giving people undesirable change in response to their cries is they will stop crying. Or disappear?
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    @sigmaphi465 The new system only favours the people who were already in top guilds grinding for position. It looks great if you were grinding out 200+ stars 2x a week with no break, otherwise no. If you are just playing for fun or a challenge forget about it. NG does not care how many people play they just want to keep the whales happy at this point. Not even trying to be toxic but this game is in such rapid decline it is ridiculous.

All ftp systems are built to profit from people's ego and impatience. If the data was available it would show the vast majority of NGs revenue is coming from those top global guilds.

This is not a commentary on players who spend money on the game. It is their right to spend their disposable income how they see fit. Whether I or anyone else see value in that is irrelevant. If you are like me though and don't like the way NG does things, keep that in mind the next time you are in the App Store. Ftp games are so prevalent right now because people are too cheap to spend 20$ upfront for a game that is complete and will only charge for legitimate content but they will spend 100$ to build a better base faster than their friends.

That being said I'm not on strike nor do I quit. Just trying to accurately describe what people are so mad about.
    sigmaphi465
    @piffolomania - Your comments weren't toxic at all. Thank you for your candor and well-thought post. You're right, how could anyone fault a company for pandering a profit? Interestingly enough, I read that this app rakes in an estimated $24,073 per day, which is chump change compared to the #1 app in the store which clocks in at $1.57M per day! Perhaps my voice is not as loud as Mr. Franklin's...Nevertheless, I will continue to quietly raise my hand in hopes of being heard. And, I'm not quitting either. I am trying to inspire the team from the front. :smile:
    ggbats
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,371
    I totally agree and like the new challenge. The guild also likes the new weekly challenge. We finally have the time to play at the very best and finally we have also some timeto play outpost.
    I started to play outpost only one week ago. Before for me it was impossible. No gas, no time, nothing... So i was used to play for supplies the few hours before the weekend challenge.
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    sigmaphi465
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    I am also in favor of the new format as someone still building my camp it gives me more time to do so while contributing to the * effort. With still max level 16 guys I can usually hit my wall fairly fast if I go hard which means even more time to farm supplies from explore and deadly. Our guild rocking it one way or another and will keep at it regardless what they throw at us, it's just how we are ;)
    SlickRick
    @capibara - Thank you for your inputs. Frankly, it is refreshing for me to read that there are those who like the new system. And I'm with you, I feel like I have more time for other missions.
    capibara
    @AzBewbs - It sounds like your guild is a fun one to be a part of! I like your positive outlook, too. I will try to convey your perspective to my guild as I continue to inspire them to keep their chins up. :blush:
    SlickRickDoTak
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Nothing wrong with the format of the new system, it's the "cost versus payout" equation causing the issues in many players minds. It now takes so long, and takes SO much gas to get to the point where the reward is worth the time/effort/cost. Ten rounds in, and 180 stars earned and it is still super easy and super boring. In the old format, 180 is where things started to get interesting. No system is going to make everyone happy but there are lots of opportunities for improvement here.

It's like NG is determined to force us to play the mindless Outpost raids. If they want to fix that issue, simply make it player versus player and get rid of the player versus bots.
    theRealBender
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    1 Challenge a week would be OK if we had one weekend day to play.
    SlickRickDLich
    @sigmaphi465

He better think his guild is fun...I'm in it haha!!

Seriously though that's just how we are...we just roll with the punches and try to focus on the good more than the bad...that's hard to do at times for a lot of people that play this especially with so many issues needing to be solved (cough cough XP balance and return on scrapped gear)...but my parents' rammed a positive outlook down me and my brothers' throats growing up so now I'm stuck like this :)

It's never good when this game loses players...especially ones like yourself that are rational...so I hope you stick around regardless of what happens with your guild and their decision.

P.S. @NCDawgFan is in our guild too but he doesn't like me...it's supposed to be a secret :)
    @SlickRick - Thanks for the sentiment, brother! I'll stick around because I'm a bit of a loyalist. And I'll continue to be rational because I know no other way. :wink:

@NCDawgFan - Good idea with the PvP proposal! Have you posted that to the suggestions forum?

@DangerB - Yes, Saturday would be a great day to clean house with the challenges. Good point!
    SlickRick
  • @sigmaphi465 Your post is ironic to me because my guild broke up due to burnout from the 2 challenges. If we'd just hung on for another week, we might still be together. Lol, I guess we all have our different breaking points. My advice: hang tough until the next upgrade before throwing in the towel.
    sigmaphi465SlickRick
  • CmlCml Member Posts: 75
    I think the challenge should last a full week instead of 5 days, so that people can choose their own 'down time'.
    sigmaphi465
    @JudithG - Wow, that is ironic! I'll take your advice to heart, those are true words of wisdom. Thank you!
    [Deleted User]TheLostOnes