Forum abuse

I have to say that I like the forums, they are a wealth of information if you can find it.

What I mean by that and this as been bothering me for sometime now is that when I click on a thread I expect to find an answer but it's buried and all that I see the same users spamming the threads with inane and self-indulgent comments which bear and bring nothing to the topic and am left feeling they are a few people that love the sound of their own voice or in this occasion the typed word.

Am not having a go at anyone individually but would say to some of the worst offenders to lay off the chatter so when searching I and others can look for answers without having to go through which can sometimes be pages of drivel and self-indulgent sometimes juvenile behaviour which are not related to the threads

Keep it clean, concise and on point and surely this will make the forums more popular with old and more important new users.

Phoenix527ggbatsAzBewbsCherokee_RoseGeneral_PainAGirlHasNoNamealnodJapes87[Deleted User]blynknzDegreaserCindyLouSlickRickzoson

Comments

• ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    I'd recommend they get the free line app and start a fun group chat where you can post pics and videos.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,085
    Couldn't agree more. I'm a lurker, so I read most of the threads but don't actually comment unless I have something meaningful to contribute, but I've noticed the same thing. Some folks on these boards don't seem to know how to disagree or share their thoughts without being spiteful.

As a whole though, I do want to thank the community (especially the guys who gather/share data on drops, radio pulls, etc.) for improving my gameplay experience. In several weeks of lurking, I've learned exponentially more than I did on my own for the first few months I played this game.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    ggbats[Deleted User]tembelGeneral_PainAGirlHasNoName
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Trolls seem to like it lmao.... Sorry y'all left the door wide open on that one

Hodor!!!
    [Deleted User]SlickRick[Deleted User]
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @Necroboogie That's wrong as Hodor keeps the door closed. ;)
    masmith93
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,737
    There are other ways to make this point without further cluttering the forum.

I'm just saying.
    DangerB[Deleted User]antlmfgunnutSlickRick
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Apart from the odd fight breaking out on the forum l have no problem with it, so what if things go off topic sometimes ?
    For the most part we have some decent, witty people on here, l enjoy seeing their comments
    SlickRickant[Deleted User]Ovidmikel
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Like most things, it's a balancing act. Too business like and terse, people aren't having any fun. Too inane and self-indulgent (to quote the OP), and it's difficult to find the useful information. The key to most things is a balanced midpoint.
    SlickRicklimeyjohnDoTakLadyAquila
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Necroboogie

I know you probably know this...isn't there a Wiki page where you can get answers to 90% of the questions people ask here in case they don't like the forum...I don't have the link but I thought I've seen you post it before :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    [Deleted User]zosonOvidmikelTheLostOnes
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Not sure how much it's updated now, and if you got to 'categories', menu at top left here on forums, you can enter the thread with a link to the wikia . here's link http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_No_Man's_Land_Wikia
    SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    Thanks @Necroboogie :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    Please don't say "hold the door" my eyes start to leak every time.
    Also I have a hard time understanding irony, Alanis Moressete messed it up for me....but is derailing a topic on the subject of derailing topics irony? Or is it only irony if the subject creator then derails their own post?

Just like anything else, some threads are entertaining, some boring. And I would rather dredge through playful banter, vs. venomous bickering. Also I hear @jester has a hidden thread somewhere.
    SlickRickmasmith93LadyAquilaOvidmikel
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    I personally like it when Forum/threads are entertaining, it makes visiting the Forum more fun. I've been part of multiple different MMO/RPG game Forums in the past, and I'd say that overall, this Forum seems to have a more mature playerbase on it. (A lot of other game Forums are just a bunch of kids splashing their teenage hormones all over the Internet)....
    SlickRickOvidmikel
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    Well , I'm 2 episodes behind because my DVR is in the shop .. but looks like something bad happens to Hodor :/ bah I was getting so good at avoiding possible spoilers too
  • PR0DJPR0DJ Member Posts: 834
    spoilers are sucks.
    and there is the rule for this forum: no spoilers.
    so shame on you all.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @SlickRick

I used to point people to the wikia all the time but others would come in and type out the answers like I didn't say anything afterwards every time. I thought maybe I missed the anti-self-reliant movement or something. As they say give a man a fish and you feed him for a day but teach a man to fish and......yadda, yadda,yadda.
    SlickRickLadyAquila
    At some point this game will evolve to where there is an 'official forums' sanctioned by NG and an "unofficial forums' created and ran by the player base. That seems to be the way it works with successful games , timeline-wise, this game is still a toddler
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @Japes87

Seeing as to how its like the wild, wild west in here sometimes the prospect of their being an unsanctioned version of this place seems like a very daunting prospect.
    Japes87
    @DarkFae I've always been a dreamer ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I think the bigger problem is people starting redundant discussions and starting threads in the General section when they are specific to another section PARTICULARLY SUGGESTIONS & IDEAS. Lmao!

For organization of the forums to help out people like me & @johnnydives and also have a good place for conversation shouldn't the moderators be responsible? @TK-421 @Teeceezy

PS. The General section, IMO, is a place for topics & discussion not already assigned to other sections.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    zoson[Deleted User]
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    the general section is for anything remotely related to the game. Off topic is for parties.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRickAGirlHasNoNameTheLostOnes