Why the Game Center memo in game?

Are Devs anticipating save game issues with an update that is forthcoming?

Is this a reason to be excited about an update that is approaching?!

:#
theRealBender

Comments

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Good guess, I'm thinking.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    And/or a lot of people have lost their games recently and the support team hasn't been able to recover them because they weren't linked to the Game Center/Google play
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    They did it recently. Maybe it was just before the last update. I can't remember.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Is there's sure fire way to ensure you are connected to the Google Game Center? I keep clicking the button but get no confirmation back. Thanks
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    When I startup I get a Game Center "welcome back" message pop up in game. Do you get that? @NCDawgFan
    No I don't @SpringChicken .
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @SpringChicken

Are you on an iPhone perhaps?
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    edited May 2016
    @NCDawgFan when i press the button it reads disconnect if it dont then ur prob not connected sometimes ive had to wait a few seconds before it showed up... if this helps cool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @SlickRick

Android gives a welcome back message when you open the game and you are already connected to google play.

@NCDawgFan

You should see this if you are connected

SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @DarkFae

I didn't know that about Android...but I get the exact same message on my iPhone right when I get to my camp screen so I guess they're pretty similar then :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    [Deleted User]TheLostOnes
    Thanks @DarkFae. I figured out what was disabled and turned it back on which made things right. I started seeing messages at the top of the screen saying things like "Killed 20,000 walkers" but then it disconnected. If I reboot it reconnects. It just doesn't seem stable. My new tablet arrives tomorrow and I want to be certain I am 100% saved to my current status before I make the transfer. Thanks for the great input folks. Wish me luck. I would hate to lose my 3 months of progress and only make 39 stars for my guild next week after my 339 this week.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I'm on an iPad and it appears I'm not connected. I haven't disabled anything but no matter how many times I hit the connect button nothing happens. Any suggestions?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    edited May 2016
    @Dodkong Quit NML. Go into Settings on the iPad. Scroll down to Game Center. Click on Apple ID and sign in. I found this the most reliable way. Laugh NML and you will see white banner at top saying "Welcome Back [name]" When you see that you know the game is connected.
    @Dodkong Figured this would help.

Play.jpg 549.8K
    @Perdtin Thank you very much for the help. Found my way to all this, logged in, relaunched the game and it's freezing on me. So working on figuring that issue out.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Dodkong said:

@Perdtin Thank you very much for the help. Found my way to all this, logged in, relaunched the game and it's freezing on me. So working on figuring that issue out.

Did you ever sign in before? Anyway, one thing to try if it is freezing is to quit NML and reboot the device. A bit of a pain, but often clears up issues with NML. To me it always seems like a memory leak, but who knows. I have one iPad Mini where there is nothing on it other than NML and it is almost impossible to play on.
    edited May 2016
    Perdtin said:

Dodkong said:

Did you ever sign in before? Anyway, one thing to try if it is freezing is to quit NML and reboot the device. A bit of a pain, but often clears up issues with NML. To me it always seems like a memory leak, but who knows. I have one iPad Mini where there is nothing on it other than NML and it is almost impossible to play on.
    No, I have never signed in before.

Will try your suggestion. Thank you.

EDIT: And that did the trick. Thank you very much @Perdtin.

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'm on Android and had to sign in the first time I played but it just automatically logs me in each time I boot the game up.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)